FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

trigger alarm with a notification

313 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By Eggstones, Senior Member on 30th September 2019, 11:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm trying to get an alarm to go off when my calendar notifies me of an event. I can get the alarm to trigger but not switch it off. The only way I can kill the alarm is by forcing tasker to stop. Is there some way you can't kill the alarm or is this a bug as mentioned in the tip tool (Samsung galaxy Tab S3)
1st October 2019, 12:47 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,269

More
Understanding how your task is setup would be useful. Please look for the pinned post in this forum is you need help exporting the description of the task.
1st October 2019, 06:14 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Alarm (5)
A1: Alarm Volume [ Level:11 Display: off Sound: off ]
A2: Play Ringtone [ Type:Alarm Sound: Stream:4 ]
A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:5 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A4: Cancel Alarm [ Mode: Disable Current Hours:0 Minutes:0 Label: ]
1st October 2019, 07:59 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
The two last steps in the profile is my attempt to stop the alarm as I can't switch it off when it triggers
1st October 2019, 01:18 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2,269

More
I'm not aware of any way to stop a play ringtone action. The problem had to do with underlying android and the need to reference the original play ringtone instance.

Most people use music play instead with a music stop action.

The cancel alarm action is for system alarms, which you can set through tasker, but you would need to use an alarm set action.

When you choose a stream in a audio action (such as the alarm in your play ringtone), you're determining which volume control affects the sound. It's not the same as creating a system alarm.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
1st October 2019, 11:52 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

I'm not aware of any way to stop a play ringtone action. The problem had to do with underlying android and the need to reference the original play ringtone instance.

Most people use music play instead with a music stop action.

The cancel alarm action is for system alarms, which you can set through tasker, but you would need to use an alarm set action.

When you choose a stream in a audio action (such as the alarm in your play ringtone), you're determining which volume control affects the sound. It's not the same as creating a system alarm.

Thanks that seems to have done the trick.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)