FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Easy way to toggle mobile data?

146 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By hopelives, Senior Member on 2nd October 2019, 02:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello. I'm using Samsung S10e and because of the guarantee issues, I couldn't root it. I was using Tasker with my old phone without a tiny problem and now I'm stuck with this new one since some automatization doesn't work well in Bixby Routines. Is there a really simple way to toggle mobile data and WIFI? Specifically, I want mobile data off when I am home and on when WIFI disconnects.
2nd October 2019, 03:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelives

Hello. I'm using Samsung S10e and because of the guarantee issues, I couldn't root it. I was using Tasker with my old phone without a tiny problem and now I'm stuck with this new one since some automatization doesn't work well in Bixby Routines. Is there a really simple way to toggle mobile data and WIFI? Specifically, I want mobile data off when I am home and on when WIFI disconnects.

Have you tested either the built in mobile data action, or the AutoTools secure settings mobile data action? In rare cases, you might find it works without root. In my experience, the built in action either works or it doesn't. But the AutoTools secure settings action often toggles the display (QS tile) but doesn't actually affect the radio.

In most cases, without root you would need to emulate the taps required to Google mobile data manually. That can be done through AutoInput.

Wi-Fi can be toggled typically without issue though.
3rd October 2019, 07:24 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Have you tested either the built in mobile data action, or the AutoTools secure settings mobile data action? In rare cases, you might find it works without root. In my experience, the built in action either works or it doesn't. But the AutoTools secure settings action often toggles the display (QS tile) but doesn't actually affect the radio.

In most cases, without root you would need to emulate the taps required to Google mobile data manually. That can be done through AutoInput.

Wi-Fi can be toggled typically without issue though.

Thanks for your answer. Actually, I came across wit Autoinput solution but it is hard to apply and not completely convenient in my point of view. Could you offer anything else involving Bixby routines?
3rd October 2019, 09:37 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2,269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelives

Thanks for your answer. Actually, I came across wit Autoinput solution but it is hard to apply and not completely convenient in my point of view. Could you offer anything else involving Bixby routines?

Sorry, I haven't had a Samsung since the Epic 4G days

The only other thought I have is in developer options there is a setting "mobile data always on" you could toggle that off and mobile data should go of when connected to Wi-Fi. I have no idea if Samsung software honors that setting.
4th October 2019, 07:12 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Sorry, I haven't had a Samsung since the Epic 4G days

The only other thought I have is in developer options there is a setting "mobile data always on" you could toggle that off and mobile data should go of when connected to Wi-Fi. I have no idea if Samsung software honors that setting.

Thanks again, will check it up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)