Post Reply Email Thread
30th July 2019, 07:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalpig82

@snorrski you might want to have a look at this:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/u/t...1#post72212441

It seems to be exactly what you wanted. It works without root and on my (unrooted) S7 Edge, I can still use the fingerprint sensor to unlock my device after locking it this way (input keyevent POWER).

@snorrski
I know it's been over 2 years since y'all had this discussion, but I hope this still reaches you.

The power button on my Mi A1 stopped working recently and I can't seem to find it's replacement flex cable anywhere. I'm entirely new to Tasker but I have been reading for hours now to find ways to use a screen based interaction (say a double tap on the screen) to simulate the Power button to turn the screen off while still being able to unlock my phone with my fingerprint scanner.

So far, I've understood that it is doable (with an article refering to input keyevent 26), even more so on Android Pie (with another article refering to using Global_Actions) than it was previously possible, but am entirely clueless on how. I also couldn't quite understand the process of using the remote ADB shell plugin you mention here.

Could either of the two of you please share a step-by-step how-to on how to achieve the same? It would really help a lot. Thank you

Note: I'm using unrooted Mi A1 running stock Android Pie with July 1st security patch.

Yesterday, 02:24 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1,977

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepesh_p

@snorrski
I know it's been over 2 years since y'all had this discussion, but I hope this still reaches you.

The power button on my Mi A1 stopped working recently and I can't seem to find it's replacement flex cable anywhere. I'm entirely new to Tasker but I have been reading for hours now to find ways to use a screen based interaction (say a double tap on the screen) to simulate the Power button to turn the screen off while still being able to unlock my phone with my fingerprint scanner.

So far, I've understood that it is doable (with an article refering to input keyevent 26), even more so on Android Pie (with another article refering to using Global_Actions) than it was previously possible, but am entirely clueless on how. I also couldn't quite understand the process of using the remote ADB shell plugin you mention here.

Could either of the two of you please share a step-by-step how-to on how to achieve the same? It would really help a lot. Thank you

Note: I'm using unrooted Mi A1 running stock Android Pie with July 1st security patch.

Your post is getting long in the tooth. Are you still looking for help?

There are button remapping apps and apps that do double tap for off in the play store. Also, launchers can do this. Nova launcher for sure, but others I believe as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Yesterday, 05:22 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Your post is getting long in the tooth. Are you still looking for help?

There are button remapping apps and apps that do double tap for off in the play store. Also, launchers can do this. Nova launcher for sure, but others I believe as well.

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. Gravity Screen, Nova Launcher as well as finally being able to understand Tasker, did help solve this issue, as I still look for a flex cable to fix the physical button issue as well.
Yesterday, 07:27 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. Gravity Screen, Nova Launcher as well as finally being able to understand Tasker, did help solve this issue, as I still look for a flex cable to fix the physical button issue as well.

Any chance this is what you're looking for?

https://www.cellspare.com/mi-a1-part...x-cable-module
Yesterday, 08:53 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Any chance this is what you're looking for?

https://www.cellspare.com/mi-a1-part...x-cable-module

It is. Although, the price is 3.5x the price if I got it from an authorised Xiaomi service centre (except the one in my locality doesn't have it) and about 14x than what is available at local mobile spare parts shops (again not available). Hopefully, I'll find it soon.
Yesterday, 09:03 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

It is. Although, the price is 3.5x the price if I got it from an authorised Xiaomi service centre (except the one in my locality doesn't have it) and about 14x than what is available at local mobile spare parts shops (again not available). Hopefully, I'll find it soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Xiaomi-...EAAOSwfNpbM2Pn

https://www.parts4repair.com/side-ke...aomi-mi-a1-5x/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
intents, screen off, tasker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)