FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Does 'WiFi Near' work when WiFi is off?

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Oyvindo, Junior Member on 18th June 2019, 09:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My request is very simple:
I use WiFi tithering a lot while travelling. When I enter any known WiFi zone, I wish to turn tithering off and WiFi on, using Tasker.
I have created two profiles for this purpose:
1. Activates tithering when I leave a WiFi zone and loose WiFi connection. This profile works perfectly!
2. Disable tithering and turn WiFi on when I enter a known WiFi zone. This profile never triggers, but the associated tasks run do exactly what I want them to do when I run them manually.

The two actions linked to profile #2 are:
WiFi Tither Set Off
WiFi Set On

And, as I said - they perform exactly what they should - if run manually.
The profile that I use to trigger, is:
State Net, WiFi Near

I have not set any paramters such as SSID, MAC etc. Everything is left blank.
May assumption was that it would trigger on any WiFi zone that it could successfully recognise (log on to). But that does not seem to be the case. It never triggers.
But the profile does become active (turn green) every time I enter a known WiFi Zone. I believed this was a sign that it would trigger.

Any idea how to accomplish a working trigger the way I want?

Rgds
Viking

24th July 2019, 08:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyvindo

My request is very simple:
I use WiFi tithering a lot while travelling. When I enter any known WiFi zone, I wish to turn tithering off and WiFi on, using Tasker.
I have created two profiles for this purpose:
1. Activates tithering when I leave a WiFi zone and loose WiFi connection. This profile works perfectly!
2. Disable tithering and turn WiFi on when I enter a known WiFi zone. This profile never triggers, but the associated tasks run do exactly what I want them to do when I run them manually.

The two actions linked to profile #2 are:
WiFi Tither Set Off
WiFi Set On

And, as I said - they perform exactly what they should - if run manually.
The profile that I use to trigger, is:
State Net, WiFi Near

I have not set any paramters such as SSID, MAC etc. Everything is left blank.
May assumption was that it would trigger on any WiFi zone that it could successfully recognise (log on to). But that does not seem to be the case. It never triggers.
But the profile does become active (turn green) every time I enter a known WiFi Zone. I believed this was a sign that it would trigger.

Any idea how to accomplish a working trigger the way I want?

Rgds
Viking

If I remember correctly Wifi near requires "Wifi Scanning" to be on, which is located under settings > security & location > location > advanced > scanning.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)