FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Front facing camera isses - HTC Camera app

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By vindarten, Junior Member on 31st December 2017, 06:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everybody,

I'm having a weird issue with my U11 Life - the stock HTC Camera app doesn't save photos taken with front facing camera. It gets stuck in the Processing stage - with or without HDR Boost, 12 or 16 MPx resolution, same effect.
The selfie videos are just fine and other apps are working perfectly well, but I can only get 4MPx resolution for the photos .

Was wondering if anyone has a similar issue.

HTC U11 Life EU Android One, 64GB/4GB
HTC Camera app v. 9.30.1009003
Stock ROM, December 1 Security Update.

1st January 2018, 02:26 AM |#2  
Flag 53721 Siegburg
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I have the same problem

HTC U11 Life (EU, German) 32GB/3GB
HTC Stock Camera App version: 9.30.1009003
Security Update: 1.December.2017
Stock Rom.
1st January 2018, 08:54 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
It is the same here with November security patch. I think it depends on the update of 30th December.
BTW. Wich Build number do you have after security update?

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 life mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MC_Ohr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MC_Ohr Ad-Free
1st January 2018, 04:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Same problem here. I installed the Google camera and that works well.
Update 5 jan 2018:
I contacted HTC Support and they suggested to restore the default settings in the camera app. I also cleared the memory of the app. All this worked for me.
In the meantime, the camera app also got a update so what brought the solution...?
1st January 2018, 08:31 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks a lot, everybody!

Contacted HTC about the issue, waiting for the answer. If they come up with something useful will post here. Using Open Camera for now, will give Google camera a try
The Following User Says Thank You to vindarten For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vindarten Ad-Free
1st January 2018, 08:37 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC_Ohr

It is the same here with November security patch. I think it depends on the update of 30th December.
BTW. Wich Build number do you have after security update?

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 life mit Tapatalk

The Build Number is 1.09.401.2.9.0_g
The Following User Says Thank You to vindarten For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vindarten Ad-Free
1st January 2018, 08:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same Here. Give Open Camera a Chance. Like it so fare and everything works fine.
4th January 2018, 04:12 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi!
Could you please share if HTC provided any useful reply? I have a similar issue. The HTC support advised to clear cache and data, check in safe mode and finally reset factory data. None of that solved the problem. So now they ask to send the device to their service centre.
5th January 2018, 06:07 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
January 4, 2018 update for the HTC Camera app fixed the issue.

HTC Camera app ver. 9.30.1017320
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vindarten For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vindarten Ad-Free
5th January 2018, 10:40 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindarten

January 4, 2018 update for the HTC Camera app fixed the issue.

HTC Camera app ver. 9.30.1017320

i got my phone yesterday and with a system update right from the start but my camera says 9.30.1008337. i've tried but there is no updates for me today. and yes, it gets stuck...

Just saw in play store that there was an update...and now it works...
The Following User Says Thank You to street_dog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift street_dog Ad-Free
5th January 2018, 10:49 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juttka

Hi!
Could you please share if HTC provided any useful reply? I have a similar issue. The HTC support advised to clear cache and data, check in safe mode and finally reset factory data. None of that solved the problem. So now they ask to send the device to their service centre.

I contacted HTC Support and they suggested to restore the default settings in the camera app. I also cleared the memory of the app. All this worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to EugeneP1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EugeneP1969 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)