for HTC U11
The User Experience Kernel leaning towards Stock Stability plus UX features.
Rock stable stock approach, performance smooth and issue free
"No-Root is a State of Mind"
As always tbalden is here to bring you authentic new features first in line, to his heart's chosen phone, this year HTC U11.
No rooting / tweak app needed for all functions and basic preference switches, keep your stock recovery, receive official OTAs:
Version 3.6.3 - 16 of December, 2017
Version 2.6.5 - 25 of November, 2017
Version 2.5.0 - 5 of November, 2017
Version 2.4.8 - 1 of November, 2017
Version 2.3.1 - 15 of October, 2017
Version 2.0.0 - 21 of September, 2017
Version 1.8.0 - 15 of September, 2017
Version 1.6.0 - 27 of August, 2017
Version 1.2.0 - 15 of July, 2017
Version 1.0.0 - 17 of June, 2017
Should work on ROM bases O 2.31 - N 1.27/1.28. Tested on 2.31 HK and 1.27 HK/Eu Dual Sim U11.
- Fingerprint doubletap sleep (see video below)
- Squeeze Control: *wake/sleep* *peek/keep* in-kernel without root (see video and set up screens here post)
- Squeeze Control: Squeeze To Swipe (see video below, details here)
- Button Light Notification / BLN on Charger and Dim blinking (see video below)
- Kernel Ambient Display (see video below) DETAILS and HERE
- Smart Notification Control - detauls: HERE
- CleanSlate Companion app - included in installer v2.6.0+
- Unprivileged Configuration Interface - /sdcard/uci_user.cfg - no rooting needed for 99% of configs
- Flashlight Notification (see video below)
- Notification Booster on vibrating notifications when screen is off
- Pulsating notification led (see video below)
- Notification led patterns (5 patterns)
- Vibrating Notification Reminder (DETAILS)
- Chromatic charging led (see image below)
- Button light / notification led brightness control
- Low light mode switch ( with screen off, press both volume keys short to switch.)
- Low light/vibration mode (press both volume keys long. DETAILS)
- Full light/Full vib mode switch (screen-off double press both VolKeys DETAILS to switch to Full light mode with Vib Notification Reminder on)
- KCAL Color Control (credit to @savoca)
- AdrenoBoost v2.2
- Button Light Notif doubleblink when detecting short vibrating notifications, BLN number/speed/intensity
- WLAN "non-vital" Wakelocks disabled (credit @franciscofranco)
- Hacked texfat loading for all ROM bases to work with sdcard
- doesn't modify system partition. Androidpay should work on phones with stock system image
- no root required, use /sdcard/uci_user.cfg file to configure 99% of the features without rooting. If you need tweak apps (e.g. LeeDroid tweaks / EXKM) you'll need rooting!
- should pass safetynet with unlocked bootloader by itself (if not phone's not rooted or custom rom, then you still need Magisk Hide)
- built on top of kernel sources released on htcdev for Europe/Dual Sim
- built with standard toolchain for stability and efficiency
- kept stable, no tweakings, just features
- stable and reliable, keeping close to stock except addition of Usability features
KCal Color Control on HTC U11
Use CleanSlate config app for non-rooted configuration
Doubletap Fingerprint scanner to sleep:
Pulsating notification LED video:
Button Light Notification
Kernel Ambient Display
Chromatic gradient colors for battery percentages while charging..
Will gently pulse green when reaching 100%
- Unlocked HTC U11 with TWRP
-- Tested on European and HongKong HTC U11 (dual sim) model. Please report back about your device/model experience!
- BACKUP: make sure you backed up your original Boot partition in TWRP, before installing this! Installer only modifies BOOT (kernel zImage)
- INSTALL: Side load, or install the zip from your sdcard through TWRP
--- If not using PlayStore Donation apps, then install CleanSlateCompanion-x.y.z.apk / CleanSlateConfig-x.y.z.apk from SDCARD (copied by installer if internal memory was mounted) Please grant Notification Access and the permission to read/write SDCard, read phone call status.
------ !! IF YOU UPDATED THE COMPANION APP, Don't forget to Open it again as well after update !!
--- use CS Configuration App to configure stuff without rooting
Companion application writes /sdcard/uci_sys.cfg to communicate with kernel, you'll find it there after first running the app, don't delete it.
- doesn't work well with PNPMod, please don't use them. Especially balanced mode can cause freezes.
- None, please tell
OREO 3.6.3 -- For Bases 2.31 installer for TWRP, NOT for Nougat:
Installer flashable: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620772427
Companion App 1.4.7 -- Donation premium version from PlayStore here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...late.csservice
Configuration App 1.2.0 -- Donation premium on playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...slate.csconfig
Companion App 1.4.7 -- Normal free download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291694483
Configuration App 1.2.0 -- Normal free download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620772124
NOUGAT 2.6.8 -- For Bases 127/1.28 installer for TWRP, NOT for OREO:
Installer flashable: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617952216
2.6.1 -- For Bases 127/1.28 installer for TWRP:
2.6.0v2 -- For Bases 127/1.28 installer for TWRP:
2.5.0 -- For Bases 127/1.28 installer for TWRP:
2.4.10 -- For Bases 127/1.28 installer for TWRP:
2.3.1v2-- For Bases 127/1.28 installer for TWRP:
2.2.1-- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13/1.16/127/1.28 installer for TWRP:
2.0.0 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13/1.16/127/1.28 installer for TWRP:
1.8.1 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13/1.16/127 installer for TWRP:
1.7.3 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13/1.16/127 installer for TWRP:
1.7.0 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13/1.16/127 installer for TWRP:
1.6.0 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13/1.16/127 installer for TWRP:
1.5.6 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13/1.16/1.27 installer for TWRP:
1.5.0 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13 installer for TWRP:
1.4.0 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13 installer for TWRP:
1.3.0 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13 installer for TWRP:
1.2.0 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11/1.13 installer for TWRP:
1.1.0 -- For Bases 1.03/1.11 installer for TWRP:
1.0.0 -- For Bases 1.03/? installer for TWRP:
If you need to change settings, use LeeDroid tweaks or EXKM, or check 2nd post for sysfs path using init.d scripts.
If you appreciate this, don't forget to hit the Thanks button, Vote 5 stars on Thread, or consider to Donate. Donations here
Donators Hall of Fame
Much appreciation and many thanks go to...
@The Great Dane
Special thanks to AnyKernel installer developer: osm0sis
To @savoca (original) @flar2 (m9 version) @faux123 (additional patches) related to KCal
As this is all GPL licensed kernel source, you can use it in your code, but don't forget about proper credit.
tbalden's CleanSlate kernel for HTC U11, Kernel for the HTC U11
Source Code: https://github.com/tbalden/htc-kernel-ocean
Kernel Special Features: Fingerprint double tap sleep, Color Control, LED tweaks
Current Stable Version: 3.6.3
Stable Release Date: 2017-12-16
Current Beta Version: 3.6.3
Beta Release Date: 2017-12-16
Last Updated 2017-12-15