LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- Before instaling, make sure you are running the latest Oreo firmware from the latest HTC Sense.
- If you are encrypted but running an AOSP ROM then you're fine. If you come from Sense, take a full backup of all your data, boot into TWRP and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly. This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
- If you are coming from any other ROM wiping /data is strongly recommended
- Download the latest build and GApps (both links are below).
- Reboot to TWRP.
- Flash the latest build and GApps.
- Reboot and enjoy (as much as currently possible)
- Verizon/Sprint are reportedly unstable.
- Voice and Text over LTE doesn't work with every carrier.
Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred (please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing).
If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg (do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot, a logcat after a reboot is useless).
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
This is a very important note: I am NOT the original developer of the device tree I'm using. It's not thanks to me that this is up and running now. Please, be sure to thank and donate to the developers behind SlimTeam.
- LineageOS contributors
- Everyone behind SlimRoms
- Especially the maintainer for the U11 @Flinny: https://github.com/Flinny
- @Freak07 and @tomascus for their kernel work!
LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the HTC U11
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Oreo
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2018-10-07