FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Camera is buggy - Too much Noise ( High ISO - 2000-3000 )

680 posts
Thanks Meter: 648

By sam@xda29, Senior Member on 1st July 2017, 06:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

So I received my all new HTC U11 3 days back ( in India) officially. HTC u11 has world's best rated camera but I am not quite satisfied with the results.

1.) Rear camera is really struggling to capture the photos in low light. I can clearly see the noise.

2.) Front facing camera has no OIS so pictures are blurry and most of the times I noisy photos.

Find the attachments below :

1.) Front facing camera
2 ) rear facing camera

See the noise and level of quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1498884203296885727297.jpg
Views:	1058
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	4198409   Click image for larger version

Name:	14988842210491738914060.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	4198410  

1st July 2017, 09:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
hm.. photo #1 has the plant completely out of focus. photo #2 has the pot in focus. you may wanna make sure that the subject is in focus before snapping.

did you change the camera settings to "Touch autoexposure"? The default mode of the camera is "Center-weighted"
The Following User Says Thank You to Conan1986 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Conan1986 Ad-Free
1st July 2017, 01:01 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan1986

hm.. photo #1 has the plant completely out of focus. photo #2 has the pot in focus. you may wanna make sure that the subject is in focus before snapping.

did you change the camera settings to "Touch autoexposure"? The default mode of the camera is "Center-weighted"

Thank you for replying. Let me make the things clear.
The first photo was taken from the selfie camera where I tried to focus on the plant/pot everywhere but it was not focusing anyhow. No matter what it wasn't focusing.

In low light, I can clearly see the noise in the all corners.
1st July 2017, 01:08 PM |#4  
Recognized Themer
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,670

Donate to Me
More
The selfie camera doesn't have auto focus everything is in focus ( as long as it is at least 18 inches away). Play around with the settings for the rear camera. HDR auto, HDR, so far all my photos are excellent focal point and background.
1st July 2017, 05:03 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeggy929

The selfie camera doesn't have auto focus everything is in focus ( as long as it is at least 18 inches away). Play around with the settings for the rear camera. HDR auto, HDR, so far all my photos are excellent focal point and background.

Well I have attached a sample selfie shot. Please check and tell me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Snapchat-381234975.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	4198818  
1st July 2017, 05:55 PM |#6  
Recognized Themer
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,670

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam@xda29

Well I have attached a sample selfie shot. Please check and tell me.

Like I said you are too close using the selfie cam, it is meant too be an arm's long away to have everything in focus.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0081[1].jpg
Views:	718
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	4198852  
1st July 2017, 08:04 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeggy929

Like I said you are too close using the selfie cam, it is meant too be an arm's long away to have everything in focus.

Sir I am not complaining about the focus and all... See the noise... Can't you see the noise in the picture?

Even zoom your spiderman... You will notice the same noise.
1st July 2017, 10:30 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
[QUOTE=sam@xda29;72873537]Sir I am not complaining about the focus and all... See the noise... Can't you see the noise in the picture?

Even zoom your spiderman... You will notice the same noise.[/Q
Adjust the iso manually
1st July 2017, 10:49 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

Hi. Can you say more here or is there a link to how we can best make this adjustment? I'm not terribly savvy and appreciate the tips. Thx.
2nd July 2017, 04:08 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilotofhope

Hi. Can you say more here or is there a link to how we can best make this adjustment? I'm not terribly savvy and appreciate the tips. Thx.

Well, in the camera app, pull down the slider with the = icon, swipe to the right to reveal "Settings" which is on the left, tap on that and "Touch autoexposure" should be the first option.

This option is important if you tend to compose your shots with the subject not in the middle (rule of thirds) so tapping on your subject will adjust the exposure and focus according to your subject.
The Following User Says Thank You to Conan1986 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Conan1986 Ad-Free
3rd July 2017, 11:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
My low light shots are all at over 3000 ISO which leaves quite a bit of visible noise in the picture.

Not liking the camera in poor lighting just yet. Hopefully they will introduce an ISO limiter, or simply fix this in an upcoming update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)