FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

GUIDE - Downgrade for HTC U11 (from Oreo to Nougat with S-ON) - Solution for various

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By paulpier007, Member on 24th February 2018, 04:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The purpose of this guide is to restore the phone in emergency cases and not only but also to perform a downgrade without the need to be in S_OFF (the utility of Sunshine, except in special cases such as the change of MID and CID which is indispensable, it comes much less!).

CAUTION
Do not do it if you do not have a clear vision of what you are doing: for inexperienced users it is a way to get a "paperweight", I do not accept any responsibility: you do it at your own risk!

This example refers to the European version of the Oreo firmware already in use: 2.33.401.10 NO BRAND(it can also be used with other versions)

ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• HTC U11 smartphone NO BRAND version with Android Oreo vers, 2.xx.xxx.xx Dual Sim NO BRAND;
• Bootloader unlocked;
• TWRP Recovery installed;

MATERIALS REQUIRED:
• European version of the RUU Nougat 1.27.401.11;
Minimal ADB / Fastboot;
TWRP Recovery (latest version);
TOOL Htc_Version_Tool.zip thanks @sabpprook for the great tool

PREPARATION FOR THE DOWNGRADE via PC WINDOWS 10 and earlier
• Download the RUU on your PC and rename it to 2PZCIMG (leave the .zip extension untouched) and copy it to
the external SD card of your mobile phone;
• Install on the PC Minimal ADB preferably renaming the destination in C: \ ADB for convenience;
• Download the TWRP and copy it into the c: \ ADB folder renaming it to twrp.img for convenience;
• Download HTC_Version_Tool and unzip it to a folder on your PC as you wish.

INSTALLATION FOR THE DOWNGRADE IN ANDROID NOUGAT
• Restart the phone in Download Mode (press the LOW VOLUME + POWER BUTTON simultaneously) and connect
it to the PC using the supplied original USB cable;
• Run the Minimal ADB and Fastboot program on your PC (a DOS window will open with the c: \ adb prompt) and
leave it open;
• If you have not yet updated the TWRP Recovery run this command otherwise go to the next step:o fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
• Now you have to enter TWRP Recovery mode;
• Once entered, always with the phone left connected to the PC, type the command adb devices to check if our
cellphone has been recognized;
• Now run the HTC_Version_Tool program from the PC in the folder you previously unzipped and you will be asked to change the version number of your firmware:
HTC Version Tool, code by sabpprook
-- misc: /dev/block/sde1
-- offset: 2208
-- version: 2.33.401.10
new version: (type here the version you want to install as an upgrade: I recommend the latest release of Nougat)

confirm with the ENTER key (if you have done something wrong just repeat the procedure).

• You have now finished and you just have to restart it in download mode like this:
run, from your PC, the Minimal ADB and Fastboot program and, at the prompt, type adb devices to make it recognize and then adb reboot download and all that remains is to start the RUU flash previously copied to the External SD card.

For now we do not have S-OFF, this can be useful for flashing the RUU to remove problems and repair the phone when there is not a current RUU running.

Good downgrade!
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to paulpier007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulpier007 Ad-Free
26th February 2018, 03:05 PM |#2  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 11

More
it works! thank you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boccon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boccon Ad-Free
1st March 2018, 01:23 PM |#3  
Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up
Great tool!!! works flawlessly..thank you
5th March 2018, 08:44 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How do I find out if my HTC U11 is "NO BRAND"?

The last time phone I rooted was a HTC desire so a little while ago.

I'm with EE (UK network) and got my HTC U11 last week which done this update from nougat to oreo today.

My Oreo version is 2.33.91.6
6th March 2018, 10:37 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic-one

How do I find out if my HTC U11 is "NO BRAND"?

The last time phone I rooted was a HTC desire so a little while ago.

I'm with EE (UK network) and got my HTC U11 last week which done this update from nougat to oreo today.

My Oreo version is 2.33.91.6

Hello,
to know if it is branded or not it is enough to see if at the start there is the logo of your telephone operator.
If so, you can return to Nougat only with the RUU version you had before moving to Oreo.
The method works with the broken phone and I can not assure you otherwise.
9th March 2018, 03:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
If i have Indian version, can i flash European Nougat RUU, or it must be the same as previous?? Ok i found must be the same CID.
10th March 2018, 10:30 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4squer

If i have Indian version, can i flash European Nougat RUU, or it must be the same as previous?? Ok i found must be the same CID.

Exactly you have to change CID and you can do it only with S-OFF (Cid and Mid can not be changed with S-ON).
The procedure described in the first post is exclusively for the NO BRAND phone and I can not guarantee that it will work even with those branded with an operator.
The Following User Says Thank You to paulpier007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulpier007 Ad-Free
10th March 2018, 03:07 PM |#8  

More
I have no brand version. Everything went well 😊 Thank you, for your guide 🍻
10th March 2018, 07:42 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

I have no brand version. Everything went well 😊 Thank you, for your guide 🍻

Perfect you gave me a confirmation that it is also possible for phones with BRAND.
Thanks for the tip.
10th March 2018, 07:49 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpier007

Perfect you gave me a confirmation that it is also possible for phones with BRAND.
Thanks for the tip.

I have NO BRAND version 😊
10th March 2018, 07:56 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:

I have NO BRAND version 😊

Oppss... I messed up! For now, until proven otherwise, the operation is guaranteed only for those NO BRAND
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)