Overall love

Search This thread

slrw

Feb 28, 2016
Kitsap County
I've had this phone for about a month now and think it's terrific. I'm testing it out with Wifi and haven't put my VZ sim card in yet... still researching what tricks VZ may have up their sleeves in an attempt to prevent my using it to it's full potential.

duck95

Oct 1, 2010
This is great phone, one of the best HTC phones I ever owned. I have used it for the past 2 months and rate it just behind my HTC M8. The M8 was my standard bearer for smartphones with its fit, function, battery life, and performance. The U11 takes over for it in the next generation of HTC smartphones. The screen is bright and beautiful, the "boom sound" is fantastic and a feature other smartphones do not compare, battery life can be up to 48 hours, and the back glass body is beautiful. I definitely give the phone a 9/10.

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
What can I say?

I've had the phone for a year - black, 128Gb and it's probably been the best phone I've ever had.

It looks beautiful, it's very fast and sweeping the glass is smooth.

I have very few scratches. The camera is excellent and so is the sound.

Again - it's VERY fast.

The only thing is battery is not excellent for long use but it is still above average. I can use the phone longer than the OnePlus 5T for example.

I'm sad to see them go.

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
HTC U11
Google Pixel 4
What can I say?

I've had the phone for a year - black, 128Gb and it's probably been the best phone I've ever had.

It looks beautiful, it's very fast and sweeping the glass is smooth.

I have very few scratches. The camera is excellent and so is the sound.

Again - it's VERY fast.

The only thing is battery is not excellent for long use but it is still above average. I can use the phone longer than the OnePlus 5T for example.

I'm sad to see them go.

I am with you, all you said and then some,, I also had this a year , blue, 64 gb, and I've thrown rom after rom, I've formatted and erased so many times I can't remember, I have dropped it so many times ( with a Incipio case )I lost count and it has yet to even have the slightest hiccup. Well the finger print sensor went haywire but nothing a little alchol didn't take care of. Edge Sense is fantastic, I use it daily as it makes every day tasks so much easier It is by far with out a doubt the best phone I have had. The old addage is true ,,you get what u pay for! Just my 2 cents..

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I've had this phone for about a month now and think it's terrific. I'm testing it out with Wifi and haven't put my VZ sim card in yet... still researching what tricks VZ may have up their sleeves in an attempt to prevent my using it to it's full potential.

Unlocked U11 user on Verizon here. I think VoLTE and WiFi Calling aren't supported out of the box (which I understand can be cured with minor modifications) but otherwise the phone happily took my SIM without hesitation. (Also 1 reboot)

Reactions: slrw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the HTC U11, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the HTC U11 is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Hi !!

I've the same feeling, first i wanted the HTC10... I had to choose the U11... And now i really Love it :) !!
    I 'm stil discovering it, but at this point it's already a very very powerful and beautyful phone !!

Hightly recommended !!
    Right up there with the rest.

Very very very happy with this phone, and I must admit originally I was skeptical of the U11, but after playing with it for a while.... now I can't get it off my hands.

Very similar to this review https://www.xda-developers.com/i-wa...hip-can-be-a-remarkable-phone-squeeze-or-not/

but I had the phone way before they did the review.

I'm using Nova Launcher, it's soooooooooooooooooooooo smooooooooooooooooth.

everything flows sooooooooooo naturally with this phone, I can't believe it's real.

Like seriously I had the Samsung S7 before and it was nothing as smooth as this even after customization.

--- EDIT ---

Ah! forgot to mention about the Audio, besides the smooth screen animation either for simple things like UI or in Games / Apps, the Audio is outstanding, the Boom, the STEREO! the 3D sound the... MOVIE EXPERIENCE in the palm of your hands.

All the Games and Netflix are soooooooo much livery now.

Space shooters, Racing games, it's almost like playing in a Desktop PC but in your hands.

For Gaming hands down this HTC U11 takes the throne.... compared to the Samsung S7 or S8, that is less fluid (blame it on TouchWiz ui slow framework )
    My first HTC phone, and I don´t like it.... 2 Problems... ram management is to agressive...games are always closing in the background.. I had never such problems with my OnePlus 3t or LG G5...
    And you can´t deactivate the buttons (backbutton for example...) In the OnePlus 3t you can deactivate it and show the buttons on the screen...

I have to sell the phone... :(

Which ver of rom and kernel ver you are on? Latest kernel seems fixed the ram problem.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Excellent Phone. Interesting Design. Smooooooooth Operator.

- HTC Sense is MUCH improved from my last experience(HTC One S long ago) and does not compel me to immediately install another launcher. (IMHO - OP5 OxygenOS is the best non-pure, non-custom dev OS)
    - Sound is good on speakers; great on wired headset; decent on bluetooth.
    - Assistant Apps - the choices can be confusing but I prefer choices.
    ---- Google Assistant - GAss is tolerable - Google Now seemed better.
    ---- HTC Alexa + Amazon Alexa = confusing; why do we need both?
    ---- HTC Sense Companion = whisperer of nothing? If someone has found it valuable, let me know.
    - Screen is great.
    - Battery has been EXCELLENT. I am getting ~24 hours on with 4-5 hours screen time. (No serious heavy gaming or videos though)
    - Camera is stellar in daylight; decent in lowlight; night shots needs Pro adjustment to avoid graininess.

Good to see old One S user here again. yup, my last HTC was One S too.

Unlocked U11 user on Verizon here. I think VoLTE and WiFi Calling aren't supported out of the box (which I understand can be cured with minor modifications) but otherwise the phone happily took my SIM without hesitation. (Also 1 reboot)