207 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,310

By mikalovtch, Senior Member on 7th March 2020, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from mikalovtch: Screen Shots Available now

ViperExperience 10 GSI for U12+
"Choose your flavor! - The next Generation Viper ROM"

Dear Community,

Venom ROMs takes the next big step for your HTC, as well as other Treble A/B devices out there! You want Android 10, but don't want to miss out on the hardware benefits of your HTC U12+? Or you want to enjoy all of your beloved HTC Apps on another OEM? Then we have the best of both worlds for you today (or very soon)! Decide for yourself between an Android Stock Experience, or an HTC Sense Experience by choosing between Pixel Launcher and HTC Sense 10 UI Launcher. On your HTC U12+ you can in addition continue to use your popular HTC features like HTC Edge Sense, HTC FaceUnlock and the HTC Camera!

We at Venom ROMs are using the AOSP GSI based on Android 10 to bring you the best HTC features paired with the latest Android AND Pixel experience from Android 10.

Thanks to @phhusson for his Treble experimentations repos, @JEANFRIVERA, @5m4r7ph0n36uru, @Captain_Throwback, @MassStash, @donmarkoni for all tests you did for me to make this ROM.

mikalovtch

1. Must have unlocked bootloader from htcdev.com or factory S-OFF
  2. Download Viper Experience 10 GSI from Androidfilehost.com
  3. Download „vbmeta_noverity.zip“ from Androidfilehost.com
  4. Download latest TWRP from here: TWRP
  5. Boot to TWRP, using the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot nameoftwrpimage.img
  6. Rename „vbmeta_noverity.zip“ to „update.zip“ and place it inside your adb/fastboot folder
  7. Push „update.zip“ to your device, using the following command:
    Code:
    adb push update.zip /update.zip
  8. Make sure you are on slot A on reboot page of TWRP if not switch to slot A and fasboot boot twrp.img again
  9. Flash „update.zip“ from TWRP UI
  10. Reboot to Download from TWRP UI
  11. Erase userdata and system using the following commands: (THIS WILL FORMAT INTERNAL STORAGE!)
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
    and:
    Code:
    fastboot erase system
  12. Flash Viper Experience 10 GSI, using the command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash system nameofimage.img
  13. Rebootyour device, using the command
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
  14. Setup and enjoy an mew ROM on your HTC U12+!

XDA:DevDB Information
03-07 - ViperExperience Alpha 1 | Android 10 | March 2020 Security Patch |GSI , ROM for the HTC U12+

Contributors
mikalovtch, JEANRIVERA
Source Code: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android 9 Pie
Based On: AOSP HTC Sense

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2020-03-07

Created 2020-03-07
Last Updated 2020-03-14
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-10_10-09-31 (2).jpg
Views:	814
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	4971445   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-10_10-09-31 (3).jpg
Views:	786
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	4971447   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-10_10-09-31 (4).jpg
Views:	784
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	4971449   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-10_10-09-31 (5).jpg
Views:	748
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	4971451   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-10_10-09-31 (6).jpg
Views:	758
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	4971453   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-10_10-09-31 (7).jpg
Views:	736
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	4971455   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-10_10-09-31 (8).jpg
Views:	726
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	4971457   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-10_10-09-31.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	4971459   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-10_10-09-32 (2).jpg
Views:	716
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	4971461   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-10_10-09-32.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	4971463  
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to mikalovtch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikalovtch Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 09:17 PM |#2  
Flag MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Thanks Meter: 3,471

Donate to Me
More
[MANUAL] Fix CTS Profile Mismatch
Initial situation: most GSIs are rooted to a certain extent. This also applies to the AOSP GSI, which is the basis of our ViperExerience ROM.

Precondition: To correct the CTS mismatch, it is necessary that Magisk is installed.

If the precondition is fulfilled, proceed as follows:
  1. Install the Magisk modules "Busybox" from Osmosis, and "MagiskHide Propst Config" from Didgeridoohan
  2. After a device restart, open a Terminal App on your HTC U12+ and go through the following steps
    • Request root privileges by typing
      Code:
      su
    • Start the Props module by typing
      Code:
      props
    • Type
      Code:
      to set a new fingerprint for the device
    • Follow the instructions in order by selecting
      Code:
      f
      and
      Code:
      (for HTC).
    • finally type
      Code:
      (for U12+ Pie).
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 5m4r7ph0n36uru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 5m4r7ph0n36uru Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 09:17 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
  1. UPDATE-BeyondStock™_U12+_Exodus_Vendor_Fixes-CPTB-signed.zip: This zip patches the vendor partition on U12+ and Exodus devices to fix Bluetooth streaming/headset compatibility, and enables exFAT support with the stock and BeyondStock™ kernels (This may require a clean flash if you're already running the ROM. it's untested on a dirty flash)
  2. UPDATE-BeyondStock™-Header_Patch-U12+_Exodus-signed.zip: This zip patches the boot.img header of the installed kernel so that decryption will work in permanently installed TWRP. This zip should be used if you're using a custom kernel that doesn't require patching for touch
  3. UPDATE-BeyondStock™-Kernel-Pie-v0.02-U12+_Exodus-signed.zip: This zip installs the BeyondStock™ kernel which has patched touch for permanently installed TWRP, and patches the boot.img header so that decryption will work. It also supports the stock exFAT implementation.

Download: AFH

Thanks to @Captain_Throwback for these patches
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mikalovtch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikalovtch Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 09:17 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
How to permanently flash TWRP via the TWRP.img file inside TWRP

1. Make sure you have a working fastboot and adb environment! Your device´s bootloader must be unlocked!

2. Download the twrp.img file from here: https://github.com/CaptainThrowback/...c_ime/releases

3. Boot to TWRP. Navigate to Advanced -> Install Recovery Ramdisk -> Choose the twrp.img downloaded earlier. Wait for the flash to be completed successfully and do either

4. Download BeyondStock™-Kernel This zip installs the BeyondStock™ kernel which has patched touch for permanently installed TWRP, and patches the boot.img header so that decryption will work. It also supports the stock exFAT implementation.

5a. If you want to be rooted flash the magisk.zip
5b. If you don't want to be rooted navigate to Advanced -> Fix Recovery Bootloop to be able to boot into system

Thanks to @JEANRIVERA
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikalovtch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikalovtch Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 09:18 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
reserved3
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikalovtch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikalovtch Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 09:18 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
reserved4
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikalovtch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikalovtch Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 09:18 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
reserved5
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikalovtch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikalovtch Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 09:19 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
reserved6
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikalovtch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikalovtch Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 09:20 PM |#9  
Flag Nazareth, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,386

Donate to Me
More
Support
Hi users, I was a noob once too, believe it or not I had questions & stupid questions too but I was never afraid to ask, in my way to be part of this amazing team I have known all kind of Devs, with different levels of friendliness , but being honest in some way or another I have learned from all of them a little something, Now I want to give back to the community as much as I can, I am no Dev, but I do know a trick or two, if I don't know the answer to your questions, I will try my best to get an answer for you from the Team.

The instructions in the OP have been updated for better understanding and corrected some points, if anyone has tried unsuccessfully to flash this ROM please follow the updated instructions, if anyone have trouble or not booting device please feel free to ask, I will try to guide anyone as much as I can and as friendly as possible. I see there is 73 downloads on AFH of the ROM but only few users reported their experience here, maybe if you are afraid to ask, don't be, if you navigate through the thread you will see only friendly responses, and I will try my best to keep it that way, don't be afraid to tag me for support
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JEANRIVERA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JEANRIVERA Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 09:28 PM |#10  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 2,155

Donate to Me
More
And I'll take this one, just for the kicks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donmarkoni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donmarkoni Ad-Free
8th March 2020, 01:03 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am running android 8 with viper 2.0 and i tried to update to this but ADB says that my file system is read-only. What is the recommended course of action?

Code:
adb: error: failed to copy 'update.zip' to '/update.zip': couldn't create file: Read-only file system
I read elsewhere that 'adb root' would be needed but i figured it would be better to ask here instead of following some random post about a somewhat similar situation.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)