FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OREO/PIE][Kernel][27.11.2019][4.9.201] Kirisakura 10.7.0 for HTC U12+ aka Imagine

4,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,149

By Freak07, Senior Member on 28th June 2018, 05:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2019, 07:46 AM |#371  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAL99

Installed this morning on Pie using ADB sideload and temp TWRP.

Only issue I have is that Viper won't load for luv nor money now which is a little annoying as i can't go back to stock kernel as yet. But keep up the great work.
Installed Viper a couple of different ways with AML module and finally all good.

Latest kernel won’t work properly without magisk. wifi will be broken, as you need to flash the magisk module for the wifi driver.

I’m not familiar with GSIs and if they are rootable at all on the u12+. If root can be achieved and you’re a bit familiar with android you can extract the wifi module (.ko file) from the magisk module and replace the GSI wifi module

Should be in vendor/lib/modules, the same path the .ko file is in the module.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freak07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freak07 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 08:01 AM |#372  
Flag Croydon
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak07

Latest kernel won’t work properly without magisk. wifi will be broken, as you need to flash the magisk module for the wifi driver.

I’m not familiar with GSIs and if they are rootable at all on the u12+. If root can be achieved and you’re a bit familiar with android you can extract the wifi module (.ko file) from the magisk module and replace the GSI wifi module

Should be in vendor/lib/modules, the same path the .ko file is in the module.

Hi, the kernel installed without problem, I had magisk working and installed the module first as instructed and Wi-FI is working fine.

I have even got Viper working as well now after a few goes at installing it.

Only thing that is a little anoying is that I cannot get temp TWRP to load on my home PC but loads fine on my work PC. Very strange that is, I'm using same lead and have tried every usb port at home without luck. Out of desperation I tried on my work PC and it loads straight away.

many thanks for your work.
1st September 2019, 09:14 AM |#373  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 2,308

More
I have this great kernel installed with WiFi working on U.S. Pie. Thanks for your continued support. Greatly appreciated.
10th September 2019, 09:05 AM |#374  
Flag Bonn, Germany
Thanks Meter: 1,174

More
As there is no fitting twrp for pie on htc u12+ which version should I temporary flash to install the kernel ("3. Flash the kernel.zip in TWRP")?
I already installed the pie magisk module for wifi.
Does anybody have a link to stock kernel [2.55.401.1] to revert back to stock if necessary?
10th September 2019, 09:13 AM |#375  
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidogsbn

As there is no fitting twrp for pie on htc u12+ which version should I temporary flash to install the kernel ("3. Flash the kernel.zip in TWRP")?
I already installed the pie magisk module for wifi.
Does anybody have a link to stock kernel [2.55.401.1] to revert back to stock if necessary?

you need to flash the module using magisk, then you can flash the kernel zip using exkm flasher (in ex kernel manager, go to tools, then press flasher and pick the zip)

there's a link in the leedroid thread to the stock boot
The Following User Says Thank You to p50kombi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p50kombi Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 11:31 AM |#376  
Flag Bonn, Germany
Thanks Meter: 1,174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p50kombi

you need to flash the module using magisk, then you can flash the kernel zip using exkm flasher (in ex kernel manager, go to tools, then press flasher and pick the zip)

there's a link in the leedroid thread to the stock boot

Thanks a lot, so I got it done. Everything allright now. A lot of new ways to flash for me.
11th September 2019, 08:35 PM |#377  
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidogsbn

Thanks a lot, so I got it done. Everything allright now. A lot of new ways to flash for me.

Yes, it's a lot to digest again till twrp works.
Although that might be a while.
I'm just very grateful @Freak07 still devs his kernel for this htc.. Thanks matey..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to p50kombi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p50kombi Ad-Free
27th November 2019, 08:38 PM |#378  
OP Senior Member

More
Update to 10.7.0
hello guys and girls,

Long time no update I know The update is only for Pie, see the previous release if you decide to stay on Oreo.
I was busy working on the kernel, but never go around to release the kernel.

So it is pretty much upstreamed to latest linux-stable (at least at the time of compilation) and has many fixes from kernel/common merged.

I added LDAC support along with adaptive bitrate and heavily updated the audio driver.

A huge thanks to @p50kombi for all the testing and keeping up with me. He encouraged me to look into the LDAC issue.
So thanks to him!

Pie Kernel issue:
The only issue for now, is that the dialog to choose the type of connection upon connection to a PC is not popping up automatically.
But you can set this in developer options easily.

Make sure to flash the proper module in magisk manager before flashing the kernel!

Latest upstream is included. More changes in the changelog and on github

have fun everyone!

Please report back how this kernel works for you!

Changelog:

- Linux-Stable Upstream updated from 4.9.184 to 4.9.201
- updates from kernel/common
- heavily updated audio driver
- add adaptive bitrate to the audio driver and enable LDAC properly
- improve bluetooth driver
- improve EAS-Scheduler with latest CAF upstream patches
- more other changes check my github

Installation:
please take a look at the OP!
Magisk root is getting detected and automatically kept at install!
Works on Android Pie!
Touchscreen patched to work for permanently flashed TWRP
Don´t forget to install the latest cleanslate-config apps! Maybe consider supporting @tbalden by purchasing his apps on playstore.

PIE:
Download:

Kernel:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261647827
Module:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261647828

Donations are not mandatory but very welcome.
If you like my work and want to support development or buy me a coffee: http://paypal.me/freak07

Have a nice day all and enjoy your phone
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Freak07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freak07 Ad-Free
29th November 2019, 05:39 AM |#379  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Hey, thanks for the kernel. I've installed it yesterday and noticed that BT sound over LDAC is very choppy.
29th November 2019, 02:23 PM |#380  
Quote:
Originally Posted by docentore

Hey, thanks for the kernel. I've installed it yesterday and noticed that BT sound over LDAC is very choppy.

Give it a minute or two and it will start playing smoothly.
30th November 2019, 08:22 AM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
After installated this kernel, my phone turns off and very fast low battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)