FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][IME][20.05.2019][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.3.1-0 for HTC U12+ aka Imagine

4,228 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,216

By Freak07, Senior Member on 21st July 2018, 01:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Freak07: TWRP is now official for the U12+! Get the official download from twrp.me!
22nd July 2018, 04:37 PM |#21  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak07

Could you please post everything from your terminal?

And update the fastboot and adb binaries with the one from the following link for your current OS beforehand

https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...ary-downloads/

No it doesn’t matter I did the same.

I downloaded the SDK tools and it updated my adb + fastboot, from what I can tell, and now I have a different result. I attached a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Terminal.GIF
Views:	586
Size:	455.9 KB
ID:	4555525  
22nd July 2018, 04:49 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_l_o

I downloaded the SDK tools and it updated my adb + fastboot, from what I can tell, and now I have a different result. I attached a screenshot.

You may need to update your usb/mtp drivers on windows. And reboot your machine afterwards. I cannot help with that as i use Linux/ubuntu. But go into device manager and see if something pops out or has an exclamation mark when the device is connected in fastboot mode.

Basically what you do for adb with “adb devices” do also for fastboot as check.

If “fastboot devices” has an output you’re good to go. Also try different usb ports.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freak07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freak07 Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 05:12 PM |#23  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

You may need to update your usb/mtp drivers on windows. And reboot your machine afterwards. I cannot help with that as i use Linux/ubuntu. But go into device manager and see if something pops out or has an exclamation mark when the device is connected in fastboot mode.

Basically what you do for adb with “adb devices” do also for fastboot as check.

If “fastboot devices” has an output you’re good to go. Also try different usb ports.

DONE!!!

I updated my USS/MTP drivers, and switched to the USB cable that came with the phone(don't think that was necessary) and it FINALLY.WORKED!

Thanks soooo much for your help.

22nd July 2018, 05:30 PM |#24  
Flag Créteil
Thanks Meter: 314

More
Thanks. Work for me too
Any way to boot img from device?
22nd July 2018, 05:32 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

DONE!!!

I updated my USS/MTP drivers, and switched to the USB cable that came with the phone(don't think that was necessary) and it FINALLY.WORKED!

Glad I could be of help and you finally got it
22nd July 2018, 05:35 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by migascalp

Thanks. Work for me too
Any way to boot img from device?

No. I wouldn’t recommend to tinker with this device without a pc nearby that has a fully working adb/fastboot environment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freak07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freak07 Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 07:40 PM |#27  
Flag Hanover
Thanks Meter: 4,519

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

DONE!!!

It is always suggested to use the original cable, as others often don't work properly. Also tried with usb c to USB c cable, because I have a pci card with usb-c, but that didn't work either. Then used the original cable again and it worked fine.

Sent from my HTC U12+ using XDA Labs
23rd July 2018, 03:18 AM |#28  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cortland NY
Thanks Meter: 2,400

More
Quote:

No. I wouldn’t recommend to tinker with this device without a pc nearby that has a fully working adb/fastboot environment.

I've been living the essential phone dream/nightmare. Our decrypt doesn't work either, but we disable all fingerprints, swipes, pins, etc. Then it doesn't care and let's us use data partition.. I'm glad to see this device got fastboot boot commands though, really getting the itch to buy one.
23rd July 2018, 08:20 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0

I've been living the essential phone dream/nightmare. Our decrypt doesn't work either, but we disable all fingerprints, swipes, pins, etc. Then it doesn't care and let's us use data partition.. I'm glad to see this device got fastboot boot commands though, really getting the itch to buy one.

That’s different issue though. Also inherent to the pixel 2/xl devices currently but no really big deal.

You won’t be able to use the data partition at all when your phone is encrypted, regardless of pin/pattern etc.

But we may get it eventually
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Freak07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freak07 Ad-Free
23rd July 2018, 08:31 PM |#30  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cortland NY
Thanks Meter: 2,400

More
Quote:

That’s different issue though. Also inherent to the pixel 2/xl devices currently but no really big deal.

You won’t be able to use the data partition at all when your phone is encrypted, regardless of pin/pattern etc.

you got the best squad behind you. itll come, i bet more sooner than later.
The Following User Says Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aer0zer0 Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 03:34 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:

if you need any hashing power i can lend that if you need any passwords need to be cracked or if you have any hashes that you want to test to see what algo they are using if that would help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)