FORUMS

 View Poll Results: Do you will buy the new HTC phone ?

Yes for sure, I love HTC
 
6 Vote(s)
50.00%
Maybe i am not sure yet
 
5 Vote(s)
41.67%
No
 
1 Vote(s)
8.33%

HTC Is Making Phones Again

1,066 posts
Thanks Meter: 289
 
By Max128, Senior Member on 29th May 2020, 11:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I wanted to share some news here and discuss about it. We probably know already HTC is busy recently with VR and the 5G hub..

HTC will release some phones again finally this summer.. probably in July. There will be a midrange phone and a flagship phone who will be the successor probably of our U12+. The midrange will be probably a snapdragon 660 and the flagship will be probably a snapdragon 865 ( the most powerful this year with 5 G ). We don't know a lot of information of the hardware about those yet.

Here some links which are more detailed: Here for the midrange and here for the flagship


What do you think of this guys? For me i find this great that HTC will making phone again this year, particularly a flagship. I like a lot of things from HTC , like the quality,the design.. the Sense UI.. I am still rocking with my U12 +, we are still on android 9 however. The phone deserves a new update for sure, HTC is still making small updates on some devices this year.. maybe we can still hoped for a new update from htc on it later. I still hoping for a bit, will see. Maybe is will be different with the new phone.. there was a time htc give us update faster than others.

Will i buy it? Maybe, probably, I am waiting to have more information. I hate apple at the highest points .. I have not really interested with samsung. My second choice will be google phone ( pixel) but is not perfect for me ( design still suck, not as much functionality as HTC..)

You guys are you going to buy it ? According to the poll from androidauthority from my second link, many people is interessed to buy it.

I have made a poll for it
11th June 2020, 08:54 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 289
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi, HTC will announce two phones the 16 june! The mid range and the flagship i guess.

Taking directly from the facebook page.



On June 16th (GMT) we’re bringing TWO new devices to Taiwan (with other markets to follow), as well as additional HTC VIVE information. Check back here for more details soon. #htc
16th June 2020, 01:04 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
https://www.gsmarena.com/htc_u20_5g_...news-43788.php

I prefer the u12+, or even my old m9, design though. This seems like any other chinese smartphone. Let's see what it can do
17th June 2020, 12:25 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioggo92

https://www.gsmarena.com/htc_u20_5g_...news-43788.php

I prefer the u12+, or even my old m9, design though. This seems like any other chinese smartphone. Let's see what it can do

So yes is the Desire pro 20 and the U20 5G the two new phones is mid range phone, maybe later a u20+ will see the day..

The question of the day is.. it worth changing the U11 or U12 for the U20? what do you think of that?

What i know it has no edge sense on it.. but also no htc sense ? This is sad.. i really love htc sense.. htc sense on pie is great.

What's your opinion about this ?
17th June 2020, 02:17 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max128

So yes is the Desire pro 20 and the U20 5G the two new phones is mid range phone, maybe later a u20+ will see the day..

The question of the day is.. it worth changing the U11 or U12 for the U20? what do you think of that?

What i know it has no edge sense on it.. but also no htc sense ? This is sad.. i really love htc sense.. htc sense on pie is great.

What's your opinion about this ?

Imo change the u11 or the u12 for the u20 is a downgrade... It will always be a 2 or 3 years newer phone but I have the u12+ and I'm more than satisfied with it. The only thing these two phones have that I miss is the wide angle and the 5000mah battery. But I can live without them.

If I were searching for a new phone I would go with oneplus or pixel. Even with the rumors of the pixel 5 with the 765g, I don't think that makes a phone less of a flagship, I don't play much games and if the phone is always fast and fluid I'm ok with it!
I think this two phones will be competing with mid range xiaomis, samsungs and so on, and not for the htc fans.

Let's see how the price goes. If they can deliver a good 5g phone with a competitive price maybe they can squeeze some money to make a squeezable u20+ xD
17th June 2020, 04:43 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 289
 
Donate to Me
More
@dioggo92

I still love my u12+ too.. Is a great phone no problem with the buttons, but sadly he will continue to become old like everything else.

Yes is true the wide angle , the big battery is nice, probably other things but I am not sure..

I have looking the phone market and pretty nothing interests me I was hoping a flagship from HTC with HTC sense and some HTC extras. I will continue to see the evolution for the HTC phone.

I have see that the pixel 5 will be a 765G. May ask you why you do not want to change to u20 but if you want a new phone you will probably taking the pixel 5? Since is the same processor you do not consider it a another downgrade like you said? I am agree with you, you should not have lags with this processor , is look a great processor.
18th June 2020, 01:07 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max128

@dioggo92

I still love my u12+ too.. Is a great phone no problem with the buttons, but sadly he will continue to become old like everything else.

Yes is true the wide angle , the big battery is nice, probably other things but I am not sure..

I have looking the phone market and pretty nothing interests me I was hoping a flagship from HTC with HTC sense and some HTC extras. I will continue to see the evolution for the HTC phone.

I have see that the pixel 5 will be a 765G. May ask you why you do not want to change to u20 but if you want a new phone you will probably taking the pixel 5? Since is the same processor you do not consider it a another downgrade like you said? I am agree with you, you should not have lags with this processor , is look a great processor.

True, I'm only thinking about changing phone next year or so, so for me it's not a deal breaker. By that time I'll see whats going on in the market. I bought this u12+ last year only because I don't buy phones from the same year. They are ridiculously expansive and will drop half the price(or less) 1 year after.

Yep, I get that. That htc sense and extra features are what I like in htc too, plus the build quality of hardware and software. Although the U12+ is not the best example in software unfortunately.

Hang to the u12+ for another year if it lasts that for you.
18th June 2020, 02:40 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioggo92

True, I'm only thinking about changing phone next year or so, so for me it's not a deal breaker. By that time I'll see whats going on in the market. I bought this u12+ last year only because I don't buy phones from the same year. They are ridiculously expansive and will drop half the price(or less) 1 year after.

Yep, I get that. That htc sense and extra features are what I like in htc too, plus the build quality of hardware and software. Although the U12+ is not the best example in software unfortunately.

Hang to the u12+ for another year if it lasts that for you.

Android pie with htc sense on the u12+ is really great! android 10 is missing for now however.. I have read a email from htc here and is said this:: I completely understand you want to know when the Android 10 update for the U12+ will be available but due to the developing process, we cannot give you an estimated time for this update to be released. Still somes hopes for getting it.

I have read somes rumours that htc will announce a second 5g phone and should by the flagship the next months of later. I hope is will gettings some htc extras..
18th June 2020, 11:59 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Maybe they are making some substantial software upgrades. The HTC sense is basically the same since htc one m7 with some new features and tweaks. Maybe u12+ will get a surprise, that would be awesome because they said they wont release new phones but would be keeping the u12+ updated but forgot pretty much about that.
19th June 2020, 04:40 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 289
 
Donate to Me
More
Yes a surprise later will be awesome.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes