Wi-Fi calling and Volte

Search This thread

marcinkoko009

Dec 18, 2017
London
Hi There
Happy to share I been able to make Wi-Fi calling and volte working on my HTC u12+ I'm using EE UK network and finally get all works after few months of struggling..

I read what LIabTooFer said about manual activate Wi-Fi calling and volte on non branded phones
You can find that on his twitter post from August 31
https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/status/1035495777966153728

So I did exactly what he wrote over there but I couldn't get that working (maybe because he got HTC u11)

So I did exactly what is below
you need to be rooted and able to use any root explore or just pull files to your PC and use notepad++ or similar
DO BACKUP!!!!

edit default.xml
you can find in /system/customize/acc and if you got htc__xxx.xml which is named with your phone cid in acc folder just delete it
check lines in default.xml and edit

<item name="carrier_default_wfc_ims_enabled_bool" type="boolean">false</item>
<item name="carrier_htc_ims_setting_type_bool" type="boolean">false</item>
<item name="carrier_htc_show_volte_ui_bool" type="boolean">true</item>
<item name="carrier_htc_volte_ui_checked_bool" type="boolean">true</item>
<item name="carrier_wfc_ims_available_bool" type="boolean">true</item>
<item name="showVolteStatusBarIcon" type="boolean">true</item>

Save and reboot phone

after reboot check call setting should see options voice over lte and wifi calling

Don't know if will work for everyone as many providers use different settings

link for htc 10 US branded default.xml files for sprint tmobile us verizon and us unlocked you could use that as guide to edit your default.xml https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AKriJ7XOyHNvxkdloAPOcE4tsIUZNesY

How to enable Wi-Fi calling and volte on T-MobileUs thanks to @8bitbang
https://xdaforums.com/u12-plus/themes/magisk-module-enable-volte-video-t3871444

I do not take responsibility for any bricked phones
that's only steps I did and it work for me but don't know If will for you
Risk on you

I have used HTC u11+ and HTC u 12+ and got Wi-Fi calling and Volte on both

Regards
Marcin

Last edited:

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm interested in getting this to work as I had it on my HTC U11 and EE.

As I don't have that phone anymore, do you think you could share your files so I can try and do this on my phone or if anyone else has access to one of hte phones that works on EE could share them.

marcinkoko009

Dec 18, 2017
London
I can confirm that after editing default.xml
I have Volte and Wifi calling on O2 UK working on my HTC u12+ and HTC U11+

I tested using my wife O2 pay monthly sim
So I guessing it will work with any carrier if all done right

Last edited:
Reactions: nenebear

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
Let me know if you get it working

Think I got the 23433 file copied up to the phone and the other files edited, can't see any wifi calling though..so not sure what I missed. Didn't see any options to push with the tool tho but I copied the file to the SDcard then used root browser to paste it in the right place.

Will see if I can spend some more time on it as maybe the reason I didn't push it is why it isn't working.

marcinkoko009

Dec 18, 2017
London
Think I got the 23433 file copied up to the phone and the other files edited, can't see any wifi calling though..so not sure what I missed. Didn't see any options to push with the tool tho but I copied the file to the SDcard then used root browser to paste it in the right place.

Will see if I can spend some more time on it as maybe the reason I didn't push it is why it isn't working.
U need to boot Twrp and mount system and vendor as you can't copy through windows or os x

And use adb file manager while you in twrp link in main post

In tool there advance options and then you got adb file manager and you can go to desire folder and drag files from you PC

Last edited:

marcinkoko009

Dec 18, 2017
London
U need to boot Twrp and mount system and vendor as you can't copy through windows or os x

And use adb file manager while you in twrp link in main post

In tool there advance options and then you got adb file manager and you can go to desire folder and drag files from you PC

Check picture

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 445

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro

OK I see what happened I had an older version and the auto update was blocked by my AV so I know have more options to play with...OK will give it a shot again now see if I can get it going.

Edit
Got it updated and can now browse to system but it is showing as blank thats with it ticked to mount so not sure why it isn't loading that folder...using the latest twrp for the september security patch.

Edit2
Can see the files if i got to /system_root/system/customize is that the right files to change?

Last edited:

marcinkoko009

Dec 18, 2017
London
OK I see what happened I had an older version and the auto update was blocked by my AV so I know have more options to play with...OK will give it a shot again now see if I can get it going.

Edit
Got it updated and can now browse to system but it is showing as blank thats with it ticked to mount so not sure why it isn't loading that folder...using the latest twrp for the september security patch.

Edit2
Can see the files if i got to /system_root/system/customize is that the right files to change?

yes you should see ACC MNS folders as well
put default.xml in ACC

Last edited:

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
yes you should see ACC MNS folders as well
put default.xml in ACC
and 23433.xml in to MNS
and map_mns.xml in to Customize folder

Yeah I can see all the folders and files just wasn't sure if system_root was the right as system was blank...
OK will push up the updated files now see what happens

EDIT
Files pushed to the folders and no options for WiFi calling in my phone call settings so dunno what i messed up lol.

Last edited:

marcinkoko009

Dec 18, 2017
London
Yeah I can see all the folders and files just wasn't sure if system_root was the right as system was blank...
OK will push up the updated files now see what happens

EDIT
Files pushed to the folders and no options for WiFi calling in my phone call settings so dunno what i messed up lol.

is your htc12+ dual sim model 2q55100 check at the rear of your phone and software 1.30.401.2 in about phone if so download this and flash with twrp
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tmZ9qnCP2XaGIWaPCO4kyQ3QidTXkd53

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi There
    Happy to share I been able to make Wi-Fi calling and volte working on my HTC u12+ I'm using EE UK network and finally get all works after few months of struggling..

I read what LIabTooFer said about manual activate Wi-Fi calling and volte on non branded phones
    You can find that on his twitter post from August 31
    https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/status/1035495777966153728

So I did exactly what he wrote over there but I couldn't get that working (maybe because he got HTC u11)

So I did exactly what is below
    you need to be rooted and able to use any root explore or just pull files to your PC and use notepad++ or similar
    DO BACKUP!!!!

edit default.xml
    you can find in /system/customize/acc and if you got htc__xxx.xml which is named with your phone cid in acc folder just delete it
    check lines in default.xml and edit

<item name="carrier_default_wfc_ims_enabled_bool" type="boolean">false</item>
    <item name="carrier_htc_ims_setting_type_bool" type="boolean">false</item>
    <item name="carrier_htc_show_volte_ui_bool" type="boolean">true</item>
    <item name="carrier_htc_volte_ui_checked_bool" type="boolean">true</item>
    <item name="carrier_wfc_ims_available_bool" type="boolean">true</item>
    <item name="showVolteStatusBarIcon" type="boolean">true</item>

Save and reboot phone

after reboot check call setting should see options voice over lte and wifi calling

Don't know if will work for everyone as many providers use different settings

link for htc 10 US branded default.xml files for sprint tmobile us verizon and us unlocked you could use that as guide to edit your default.xml https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AKriJ7XOyHNvxkdloAPOcE4tsIUZNesY

How to enable Wi-Fi calling and volte on T-MobileUs thanks to @8bitbang
    https://xdaforums.com/u12-plus/themes/magisk-module-enable-volte-video-t3871444

I do not take responsibility for any bricked phones
    that's only steps I did and it work for me but don't know If will for you
    Risk on you

I have used HTC u11+ and HTC u 12+ and got Wi-Fi calling and Volte on both

Regards
    Marcin
    Got WiFi calling and Volte working again by using LeeDroid ROM hopefully he will make it available to every one and a full ROM.
    de7dw8.jpg

Currently its a magisk module which is very easy to use as long as you have magisk installed.

Happy days!
    HTC U12+ as per my sig :)

I did edit my post so you can find all files in there

regards
    marcin
    Thanks, will try this out just need to find a bit of quiet time at work to mess about with the phone.
    Where can I find the LEE Rom?