FORUMS

Video quality

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,065

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 23rd May 2018, 11:11 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Your friends are never going to believe what you did. The only way to prove it to them is with that video you took. Rate this thread to express how videos shot on the HTC U12+ come out. A higher rating indicates that videos are smooth (and not choppy) and that auto-focus works very well, and that the camera adjusts quickly to different lighting conditions while recording.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
4th March 2019, 09:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My big complaint is the low fps when capturing indoors. Video fps balanced between 40 and 11!!!
Yestarday i took video from my son's scool event. Indoor event with plenty of light. Kids dancing on a dance floor. 1080p and 30fps settings.

The result?
- Amazing sound!!! Everything hearing so clear that you cannot believe how on earth did a mobile manage to do this!!! Clear output for every sound source!
- Amazing picture quality!!! Obvious without doubt result!
- Annoyng "cracks" during playback. Fps goes from 40 to ...11!!!!...and playback became too unsmooth!

Maybe HTC trying to keep ISO in low level using fps drop as a solution. I dont know. But this makes playback unwatchable!

I wiil try to capture with 60fps next time. Lets' hope that fps will not drop below 30.

P.S i previously wrote this small text in wrong thread. I copied in here in order to continue the discussion.
18th April 2019, 08:48 PM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Yeah I found too that 30fps video is quite choppy. Switching to 60fps seems to have solved the issue.
19th April 2019, 12:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Yes. 60fps option solves the "problem".

The same on 4K video recording. 30fps makes video unsmooth. If you choose 60fps, everything is ok.
I hope pie solve this issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)