This is my first actual Kernel project, so please be gentle.
This kernel is ONLY for the Nexus 7 (2013) flo. I do not know if it boots on the deb, theoretically it should as I don't have any flo specific options and there are config options for Deb in the Kernel configuration. It should work for those on stable, rc or rc-proposed and may possibly work on devel (not sure) as long as devel has not released a new kernel package (3.4.0-5-flo+)
I have cherry-picked some battery optimizations from bricked-flo, elementalx-flo (4.4 branch) and some additional commits elsewhere in an attempt to not only improve battery-life but also to bring some Android features (DoubleTap2Wake) to Ubuntu Touch.
Currently it has the following:
- ROW I/O scheduler
- Beginnings of OCing (pulled from ElementalX, I think I'm missing some commits to make this relevant though)
- ElementalX's kernel thermal control
- binfmt_misc support
- CD/DVD Filesystem Support for external optical drives (ISO9660/UDF)
- Some Slimbus enhancements
- Battery life optimizations (changing default MHz, etc.)
- Default CPU governor changed from Performance to Interactive (yes, they had it set to Performance, not sure why.)
- Direct Rendering Interface/Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 + msm_kgsl_drm)
- and more!
You can check my github for the items cherrypicked into it and there is even a current release which has seen my battery drop 4% in the last 30 minutes with the screen fully on (no autolock), WiFi on and Bluetooth.
The name of the kernel is still up for change, TonoKrnl is not going to be it's final name unless everyone likes it.
Repository is at: http://github.com/ShadowEO/TonoKrnl
Releases can be found: https://github.com/ShadowEO/TonoKrnl/releases
Status of Github Repo: It builds. It boots and it runs. I am trying my hardest not to push changes that break building.