[UNOFFICIAL][7.1]LineageOS 14.1 - UMIDIGI Z

Search This thread

prc.kailas

Dec 28, 2013
Trivandrum
camera quality

https%3A%2F%2Fpuu.sh%2Ftwuf4.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
All information and files — both in source and compiled form — are provided on an as is basis. 
No guarantees or warranties are given or implied. The user assumes all risks of any damages
that may occur, including but not limited to loss of data, damages to hardware, or loss of
business profits. Please use at your own risk. Note that unless explicitly allowed by the warranty
covering your device, it should be assumed that any warranty accompanying your device will
be voided if you tamper with either the system software or the hardware.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Installation
First time LineageOS 14.1 installation on your UMIDIGI Z:

• Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
  • Push GApps and the LineageOS 14.1 zip to your device
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Perform factory reset (full wipe required)
  • Flash the LineageOS 14.1 zip from SD card
  • Flash GApps from SD card
  • Reboot

Downloads

Special Thanks
LineageOS team

Version Information

Created: 2017-07-20
Last Updated: 2017-07-24

2017-07-24 Updates
  • issue with error 7 should be fixed
** be reminded that the build was not tested as I do not have the device to test it

WARNING: The build was not tested as I do not have the device to test it. DO NOT flash it to your daily driver!
anyone please upload a camera photo with lenovo camera or htc camera or any other camera app. is the quality fine ?

doiiido

Dec 3, 2011
Hi!
So are there any news?
I'd seen vernee and xiaomi sources for the mt6797 chipset.
Does those source help or are they far enough from our chipset so it's not useful?
Best regards,
Lincoln.

chiwawa10

Sep 19, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all, it has been a long while since my last update. And I feel that I owe you guys an update here. After much tinkering over the several past weeks without much success, I have decided to stop working on it. There isn't much choice for me but to let go of this project as this is going nowhere. Now that Android Oreo is already out, I would like to focus my effort on work for Android Oreo.

mateechu

Sep 27, 2017
Hi all, it has been a long while since my last update. And I feel that I owe you guys an update here. After much tinkering over the several past weeks without much success, I have decided to stop working on it. There isn't much choice for me but to let go of this project as this is going nowhere. Now that Android Oreo is already out, I would like to focus my effort on work for Android Oreo.

Can you add UMIDigi Z Pro to Android Oreo project ?

atakan1986

May 2, 2015
What a joke .
Almost all smartphones have a lifetime of between 2-3 years,than you can recycle it if you want .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fpuu.sh%2Ftwuf4.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    All information and files — both in source and compiled form — are provided on an as is basis. 
    No guarantees or warranties are given or implied. The user assumes all risks of any damages
    that may occur, including but not limited to loss of data, damages to hardware, or loss of
    business profits. Please use at your own risk. Note that unless explicitly allowed by the warranty
    covering your device, it should be assumed that any warranty accompanying your device will
    be voided if you tamper with either the system software or the hardware.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Installation
    First time LineageOS 14.1 installation on your UMIDIGI Z:

• Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
    • Push GApps and the LineageOS 14.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset (full wipe required)
    • Flash the LineageOS 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash GApps from SD card
    • Reboot

Downloads

Special Thanks
    LineageOS team

Version Information

Created: 2017-07-20
    Last Updated: 2017-07-24

2017-07-24 Updates
    • issue with error 7 should be fixed
    ** be reminded that the build was not tested as I do not have the device to test it

WARNING: The build was not tested as I do not have the device to test it. DO NOT flash it to your daily driver!
    Hey,
    I don't want to sound silly but have you seen the mediatek x20 development board?
    It's most likely to get the drivers for the mediatek SOCs from their source code than from UMI itself.
    It also seems like the X27 is almost only a overclocked version of the x20...
    Best regards,
    Lincoln.

Thanks for the pointer. I'm aware of it but making it work on X27 is no small feat. I'll try my best but work commitment means I can't be on this for much as I would like to. The fact that UMi is not supporting my effort (by answering my technical questions) does not help.

Hi chiwawa10,

Please let us know if this initiative is still alive ...
    With UMIDIGI ROM, this device is frustrating !

Thanks for your efforts

Thanks for your patience. However, work commitment forbids me to spend much time on this project. I will post any update as and when its available.
    It's been a while since my last update. Unfortunately, I have not make any progress on my attempt to make it work. This is just to inform that work is still ongoing by at a very slow pace.
    It's using the stock kernel. If possible, can you make a screenshot and share it hear? It'll be helpful if there is information on what is displayed on screen.
    screenshot from the recovery
    awzW9dHLMMk.jpg

You have compatibility checks in updater-scripts on UMIDIGI Z, and our device is called UMi Z
    Smartphones with the UMIDIGI brand are those smartphones that are released after UMi Z, for example UMIDIGI Z Pro (higher version after UMi z) ;)