FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel] [VS995] [10b] modStock kernel - stock with goodies

114 posts
Thanks Meter: 60
 
By poixninja, Senior Member on 26th February 2017, 07:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a kernel based on BackCheck's reStock kernel, but with some added features.

Current features:
No static on boot.
exFAT support
LZ4 kernel compression
Remove verifiedbootstate flag patch
kcal support
dancedance governor
Google Assistant enabled


More features to come, i will be working on this in my free time.


Current works-in-progress:
kexec-hardboot for multirom support


Download: Latest modStock

Boot.img with magisk patched Do not have supersu installed and flash magisk after this img. May not be needed but just to be safe

XDA:DevDB Information
modStock VS995, Kernel for the LG V20

Contributors
poixninja, BackCheck
Source Code: https://github.com/poixninja/VS995_modstock

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-02-02

Created 2017-02-26
Last Updated 2017-02-27
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to poixninja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poixninja Ad-Free
 
 
26th February 2017, 07:31 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
Donate to Me
More
reserved
26th February 2017, 07:58 PM |#3  
JeyTruth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Awesome. Any plans for others variants?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
26th February 2017, 08:09 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeyTruth

Awesome. Any plans for others variants?

Not right now, maybe at a future date and with enough testers

Sent from my LG V20 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to poixninja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poixninja Ad-Free
26th February 2017, 08:51 PM |#5  
Chaz187's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Orange city
Thanks Meter: 4,713
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poixninja

Not right now, maybe at a future date and with enough testers

Sent from my LG V20 using XDA Labs

I would be willing to help test on the ls997 for sprint....

Thanks,
Chaz187

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
26th February 2017, 08:52 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz187

I would be willing to help test on the ls997 for sprint....

Thanks,
Chaz187

Alright will let you know if i start work on it

Sent from my LG V20 using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poixninja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poixninja Ad-Free
26th February 2017, 09:42 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 197
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poixninja

Not right now, maybe at a future date and with enough testers

Very nice, H918 here willing to donate my phone for testing when the time comes! 😁😁👍
27th February 2017, 03:29 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,515
 
Donate to Me
More
Odd. The xda system says i was mentioned so i came here. Anyway i wouldnt put in google assistant if i were anybody at this point. Full google assistant is being released for all android 6 and 7 devices this week. Any mods could cause issues with other features. http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...mallow-752551/
27th February 2017, 04:15 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2151

Odd. The xda system says i was mentioned so i came here. Anyway i wouldnt put in google assistant if i were anybody at this point. Full google assistant is being released for all android 6 and 7 devices this week. Any mods could cause issues with other features. http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...mallow-752551/

Thanks for the info, its an easy thing to remove when it releases.

Sent from my LG V20 using XDA Labs
27th February 2017, 06:40 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poixninja

This is a kernel based on BackCheck's reStock kernel, but with some added features.

Current features:
No static on boot.
exFAT support
LZ4 kernel compression
Remove verifiedbootstate flag patch
kcal support
dancedance governor
Google Assistant enabled


More features to come, i will be working on this in my free time.


Current works-in-progress:
kexec-hardboot for multirom support


Download: Latest modStock

XDA:DevDB Information
modStock VS995, Kernel for the LG V20

Contributors
poixninja, BackCheck
Source Code:https://github.com/poixninja/VS995_modstock

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-02-02

Created 2017-02-26
Last Updated 2017-02-26


Thank you so much for this! But something I've noticed, it's not letting me clock my cpu to what I set it for. It's not sticking, it's staying at 729 mhz occasionally going to 1029mhz.

Oh! Requests. Blu_active governor and maybe some overclocking profiles?

Other than that can't wait to test this rom out!

Edit: the CPU frequency seems to have a 'mind of its own' not sticking to one set setting.
27th February 2017, 06:43 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightra88

Thank you so much for this! But something I've noticed, it's not letting me clock my cpu to what I set it for. It's not sticking, it's staying at 729 mhz occasionally going to 1029mhz.

Oh! Requests. Blu_active governor and maybe some overclocking profiles?

Other than that can't wait to test this rom out!

Strange.. What app are you using to tweak the kernel? And blu_active was one i was already looking to add, you might get it pretty quick

Sent from my LG V20 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes