[Depreciated] [Kernel] [VS995] [10b] modStock kernel - stock with goodies

Search This thread

poixninja

Nov 15, 2012
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
This is a kernel based on BackCheck's reStock kernel, but with some added features.

Current features:
No static on boot.
exFAT support
LZ4 kernel compression
Remove verifiedbootstate flag patch
kcal support
dancedance governor
Google Assistant enabled

More features to come, i will be working on this in my free time.

Current works-in-progress:
kexec-hardboot for multirom support

Download: Latest modStock

Boot.img with magisk patched Do not have supersu installed and flash magisk after this img. May not be needed but just to be safe

XDA:DevDB Information
modStock VS995, Kernel for the LG V20

Contributors
poixninja, BackCheck
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/poixninja/VS995_modstock[/URL]

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-02-02

Created 2017-02-26
Last Updated 2017-02-27

Last edited:

poixninja

Nov 15, 2012
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ

nightra88

Jun 23, 2015
This is a kernel based on BackCheck's reStock kernel, but with some added features.

Current features:
No static on boot.
exFAT support
LZ4 kernel compression
Remove verifiedbootstate flag patch
kcal support
dancedance governor
Google Assistant enabled

More features to come, i will be working on this in my free time.

Current works-in-progress:
kexec-hardboot for multirom support

Download: Latest modStock

XDA:DevDB Information
modStock VS995, Kernel for the LG V20

Contributors
poixninja, BackCheck
Source Code:https://github.com/poixninja/VS995_modstock

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-02-02

Created 2017-02-26
Last Updated 2017-02-26

Thank you so much for this! But something I've noticed, it's not letting me clock my cpu to what I set it for. It's not sticking, it's staying at 729 mhz occasionally going to 1029mhz.

Oh! Requests. Blu_active governor and maybe some overclocking profiles? :D

Other than that can't wait to test this rom out!

Edit: the CPU frequency seems to have a 'mind of its own' not sticking to one set setting.

poixninja

Nov 15, 2012
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Thank you so much for this! But something I've noticed, it's not letting me clock my cpu to what I set it for. It's not sticking, it's staying at 729 mhz occasionally going to 1029mhz.

Oh! Requests. Blu_active governor and maybe some overclocking profiles? :D

Other than that can't wait to test this rom out!

Strange.. What app are you using to tweak the kernel? And blu_active was one i was already looking to add, you might get it pretty quick

Sent from my LG V20 using XDA Labs

nightra88

Jun 23, 2015
Strange.. What app are you using to tweak the kernel? And blu_active was one i was already looking to add, you might get it pretty quick

Kernel auditor - mod, and rom toolbox pro, just to check and see if it was sticking or not. But ironically enough, after I comment that, it starts to stick. I'll let you know if anything changes. Hopefully it won't.
And awesome! I've actually gotten pretty good battery/performance with blu_active. I think I saw Tilde mention that bioshock was also a good one that worked well with the V20 as well. Something to look into. :D :cowboy:

poixninja

Nov 15, 2012
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Kernel auditor - mod, and rom toolbox pro, just to check and see if it was sticking or not. But ironically enough, after I comment that, it starts to stick. I'll let you know if anything changes. Hopefully it won't.
And awesome! I've actually gotten pretty good battery/performance with blu_active. I think I saw Tilde mention that bioshock was also a good one that worked well with the V20 as well. Something to look into. :D :cowboy:

Hm I use kernel auditor and it sticks just fine, hopefully yours keeps sticking. And thanks for the info about the govs

Sent from my LG V20 using XDA Labs

nightra88

Jun 23, 2015
Hm I use kernel auditor and it sticks just fine, hopefully yours keeps sticking. And thanks for the info about the govs

Thank you for bringing another great kernel. But I'm just trying to do my part! Since I have no technical experience/knowledge when it comes to modifying a kernel or anything in that nature. But you're welcome.
I'll be more than willing to test out different governors and such if you want to explore and experiment some. I don't mind testing. Because I do know different algorithms from different governors work better/worse on different phones.
I'm just psyched there's another kernel that supports kcal. Keep up the good work!

mrtruckincowboy

Jun 16, 2011
if the phone is warm the cpu numbers will go up and down if trying to set the max cpu.
its done it on all kernels ive tried

Lumince

Dec 19, 2013
Odd. The xda system says i was mentioned so i came here. Anyway i wouldnt put in google assistant if i were anybody at this point. Full google assistant is being released for all android 6 and 7 devices this week. Any mods could cause issues with other features. http://www.androidauthority.com/google-assistant-nougat-marshmallow-752551/
Would I be better to wipe system and reflash our specific roms without google assistant installed? I feel that just having it would cause issues.

Last edited:

Lumince

Dec 19, 2013
@poixninja Wow! Great additions to the kernel! Hopefully you and BackCheck can make a perfect kernel for the Verizon varient :D Thank you!

Top Liked Posts