FORUMS

[ROM][10-Q][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the LG V20 variants

122 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By MEMO#22, Senior Member on 3rd April 2020, 05:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Lineage dev has now opened their sources for official nightly builds of LineageOS 17.1 for the V20
@x86cpu and npjohnson are the lead maintainers for the device

You can now download the nightly build and Lineage recovery at

https://download.lineageos.org
NOTE: Tap the hamburger menu button on the left to see the device sources, scroll through LG and look for your variant

Long Live LG V20!!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MEMO#22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MEMO#22 Ad-Free
3rd April 2020, 06:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
please Help us for install it. and h990 users test it and report whatsapp video playing.
3rd April 2020, 06:33 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Davao

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajadzarepour

please Help us for install it. and h990 users test it and report whatsapp video playing.

Install it just like any other Custom ROM on TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to MEMO#22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MEMO#22 Ad-Free
3rd April 2020, 07:16 AM |#4  

More
Downloading it now.. and notice there 2 files.. one is the rom and the other is the recovery... can i just install the rom using twrp or i also need to install the recovery too ? is the recovery gonna overwrite the twrp ?
The Following User Says Thank You to dgozalie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dgozalie Ad-Free
3rd April 2020, 07:23 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Davao

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgozalie

Downloading it now.. and notice there 2 files.. one is the rom and the other is the recovery... can i just install the rom using twrp or i also need to install the recovery too ? is the recovery gonna overwrite the twrp ?

It's Lineage's own recovery, haven't tried it to be honest, and it's new, but you can use TWRP also
3rd April 2020, 07:30 AM |#6  

More
will this rom still have quad DAC option menu in the setting? cause i am mainly using this phone as DAP....
The Following User Says Thank You to dgozalie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dgozalie Ad-Free
3rd April 2020, 09:18 AM |#7  

More
hello

okay i already flashing the img using twrp... reboot and the lineage logo playing... keeps going for couple minutes and then reboot again and going back to twrp menu.. restart again and lineage logo playing and in the end reboot into twrp... guess cannot using twrp flash....
the things is.. i got no idea how to use lineage recovery... i google it and still very little know guide about lineage recovery...
3rd April 2020, 11:34 AM |#8  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 4,095

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajadzarepour

Just because you report it on official does not mean it will be fixed any quicker. See my post in my builds for what I need for people to test if it will be fixed or not. I do not have Whatsapp so unable to test.
The Following User Says Thank You to x86cpu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x86cpu Ad-Free
3rd April 2020, 01:32 PM |#9  
Flag shiraz
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I install last version of this rom in h990 ds and when i left the phone in charghe phone freezing and problem is solved after reboot phone i think this is kernel problem
The Following User Says Thank You to ali-nsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ali-nsr Ad-Free
3rd April 2020, 01:48 PM |#10  
Flag Key West
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Easy Method to Go From Unofficial Lineage 17.1 to Official Lineage 17.1

Backup data partition using TWRP
Factory reset phone using TWRP (option is under the Wipe menu)
Install Official Lineage 17.1 rom
Install Magisk 20.4 if you wish
reboot and wait for about 10 minutes until Welcome screen shows on your phone
Power down the phone, and go back into TWRP using the manual method
Once in TWRP, restore the data partition you had just backed up
reboot and wait for another 10 minutes
That's it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottyrick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scottyrick Ad-Free
3rd April 2020, 01:49 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali-nsr

I install last version of this rom in h990 ds and when i left the phone in charghe phone freezing and problem is solved after reboot phone i think this is kernel problem

Please report WhatsApp video playing and about Rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)