LG V20 H918 Disable update notifications

Search This thread

bblboy54

May 31, 2009
After my V10 froze and never turned on again I finally bought a refurb V20 (wish the 30/40 had removable battery) and worked this weekend to get it rooted using the guides around here and Magisk. I'm on P software and will likely stick here to avoid issues but, like on my V10, I'm already getting the repeated notices that an update is available. I dealt with it on the V10 but I'm wondering if there is a known way to disable this notification from popping up. Is there a process I can freeze or another method?

On a side note, I was disappointed to find that the V20 on 7.0, like V10 on 6.0, still doesn't have the option to silence a group message thread's notification. Is this an Android thing or an LG thing? Is there any decent options available to me?

Mysticblaze347

Jun 12, 2018
You can long press the notification and disable/block it. Never had an issue since. See if you can disable any Auto updates as well. There are also service/ package disablers that help for updates. Google/play store has em.

Last edited:

bblboy54

May 31, 2009
I wasn't aware of the long press shortcut - that informed me that it's Google Play Services producing the notification for the Android System Update. I did disable all notifications but I wonder if there are possibly other notifications from Play that might be important that I'll miss?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can long press the notification and disable/block it. Never had an issue since. See if you can disable any Auto updates as well. There are also service/ package disablers that help for updates. Google/play store has em.