Will my LS997 lose UNLOCK if i Factory-Reset it?

Search This thread

Aljecama12

Apr 2, 2013
Durango
Hello guys, I have a LG V20 LS997 (Sprint) and it was unlocked when I second-handed bought it. It had Android Nougat and I received the OTA Oreo Update, I risked to install it and fortunately, I did not lose my UNLOCK.

After some months I have noticed a lot of lag on my device, even when doing nothing it gets warm and battery drains fast. So, I want to factory-reset it to clean everything.

My question is, If I perform a Factory-Reset, will my phone Re-Lock again?:confused:

I attach a Screenshot of my Software Info:

I hope you guys can help me out, best wishes!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-29-17-19-19.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-29-17-19-19.png
    194 KB · Views: 164

maxcelltecnolog

Feb 26, 2017
Hello guys, I have a LG V20 LS997 (Sprint) and it was unlocked when I second-handed bought it. It had Android Nougat and I received the OTA Oreo Update, I risked to install it and fortunately, I did not lose my UNLOCK.

After some months I have noticed a lot of lag on my device, even when doing nothing it gets warm and battery drains fast. So, I want to factory-reset it to clean everything.

My question is, If I perform a Factory-Reset, will my phone Re-Lock again?:confused:

I attach a Screenshot of my Software Info:

I hope you guys can help me out, best wishes!

How do u unlock in this version? V20A 8.0

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

the_R00ter

May 18, 2019
Yes!!! For my short time owning 1, it was running Android 7. I updated to Oreo, and it re locked!!!. If you reset, it would still have to go through almost the same process. Long story short, yes

nookin

Mar 24, 2012
This is an old thread but I just want to add some information. I bought an LS997 from eBay that claims to be unlocked. It runs Android 7.0 and I reset it a couple of times and it is still unlocked. However, after I updated to Oreo (8.0), it is locked immediately. This happens even without factory reset. So I am not sure how OP managed to upgrade without being locked. The bottom line is, I don't know whether OP's phone will be locked again after factory reset.

Andriyol

Oct 16, 2014
This is an old thread but I just want to add some information. I bought an LS997 from eBay that claims to be unlocked. It runs Android 7.0 and I reset it a couple of times and it is still unlocked. However, after I updated to Oreo (8.0), it is locked immediately. This happens even without factory reset. So I am not sure how OP managed to upgrade without being locked. The bottom line is, I don't know whether OP's phone will be locked again after factory reset.

Sprint unlocks it after Oreo update, but apparently only partially