Anyone else have a misbehaving power button?

Search This thread

THE-COPS

Nov 3, 2009
Florida
A power button that misbehaves. Half the time when I go to turn the screen off via the power button, it goes off and then instantly comes back on (at the lockscreen).

Doing a little investigating, I have messed with it... right after the screen popped back on again, a few times I had unlocked the screen and then shut it off several times in a row just to see.. and it would shut off and stay off like it's supposed to. It seems to do this only when I'm least expecting it (go figure), but is at least once a day now.

DaCHeF36

Jan 3, 2017
A power button that misbehaves. Half the time when I go to turn the screen off via the power button, it goes off and then instantly comes back on (at the lockscreen).

Doing a little investigating, I have messed with it... right after the screen popped back on again, a few times I had unlocked the screen and then shut it off several times in a row just to see.. and it would shut off and stay off like it's supposed to. It seems to do this only when I'm least expecting it (go figure), but is at least once a day now.

Yes, I've seen something close to this on my wife's phone. I always trumped it up to a slight hardware issue with the used phone we purchased online. :rolleyes: