[Guide] LG V20 Back to Life [Download mode] [LG Flash tool] [Unknown model in LGUP]

Search This thread

eln7aly

Sep 16, 2016
h990n

When rooting for h990n and when finishing work after finishing, twrp and upon take off the screen give colored cross lines and I don’t see anything. any solve?

Vovk88

May 3, 2016
US996 can't back him to life. I don't have a needed dll for step 12 in LG Flash tool for my model of V20.
dksoni411 , can you help me and write where i can found this dll?
P.S. Have a LineageOS 16 on the device before i trying change firmware.

Last edited:

MR.EXCEPTIONAL

Apr 14, 2014
Tehran
can anyone help ?
(After installing LOS 17.1 , LGUP doesn't know Model! :( )
3zu3_screenshot_(207).png

sbacham

I have hardbricked my phone. Qualcomm qdloader9008 when I connect to pc. no booting,no vibration,no download mode.
I have tried to flash kdz partitions with qfil but no luck.
I read somewhere that Qualcomm boot process goes like this.
pbl→sbl(xbl)→aboot→laf

My doubt is that,our lg v20 has xbl,xblbak,xbl2,xbl2bak.

so to flash xbl,do I need to flash all 4 xbls as above mentioned???

y.farkash

Jul 4, 2012
Hi,

I know this is an old thread.

I am trying to download the files from post #2 but the links are broken.
Can anyone point me to where I can find those files?

Thanks!

shoxrux216

Nov 27, 2022
Hello everyone,
when I tried to update the phone version, an error occurred and when I connect the phone to the computer, the phone is not visible in the com port, but I installed all the drivers and followed all the steps you wrote, but it still didn't work

It says on bootloader {
[msm8996] Unknown B50

Oficcial / E / L / RO / id : 0()
}
Please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Overview:
    Did you got that annoying "Unknown Model" in LGUP and now are struck download mode. This usually happens when you try to root with dirty and do something wrong to mess up entire process.

What Actually happened in my case:

I had a friend who tried to root his H990ds with dirtysanta but due to some issues the whole process messed and his phone was struck in download mode. Phone was unable to go pass LG logo and boot. LGUP was unable to recognize the phone. We tried different ways, different drivers but all in vain. So, we were able to do this process and it worked finally.
    This process was tested with H990ds. Here files for H990ds are provided. You need files respective for your model.

Possible Cases:
    So I will not waste the time. Possible cases:
    1: LG V20 stuck on download mode and it is now not being recognized by LGUP and you can’t do anything, because no other tool is available.
    2: You installed a custom ROM and now LGUP is not recognizing it. You want to go back to stock and can’t do it.
    3: Anything bad happened during flashing process, PC restarted, phone went off or whatever. And now you can’t bring it back to life.
    ¬ Or
    Other cases you faced.

Read 4th post before proceeding,

Before asking a question, first, see FAQ in 3rd post. In that way you can save a lot of time.

Things You need:
    1: LG UP
    2: Uppercut
    3: Drivers
    4 : LG Flash tool (the one used to bring LG G2, G3 back to stock).
    5: LG Firmware extract tool
    (All above files can be found in 2nd post)
    6: Stock ROM for your device.
    I used V10g KDZ for H990ds. You need to download KDZ of your specified model.
    7: Dll specified for your model (in 2nd post H990ds dll is provided)

Process:
    First:
    Uninstall all other tool, previous driver (including other phone’s too). Restart PC
    Just to avoid problems. I tried this process many times on Windows 10 64-bit and it always worked for me. So it has no problems with new Windows OS.
    Now follow procedure in exact order.

1: Install Latest LG drivers.
    Put Phone in download
    (Hold Vol+ and connect to PC while it was powered off).
    Wait until it finishes installing drivers. Change COM Port to 41.

wnEeHUCxpBLWWn1aaJ2jphXbSlKRUh4Fmmrpgdznc_CirsrtELijAv4BJ1Wn-cZl3D8zLMB3stmXUbvxSL5QsZRSwiSSSCb66A=w1366-h768-rw-no

( Refer here for changing this, If you can’t understand that.)

Now DC it from PC and keep it staying in Download mode.

2: Install LG Flash tool and copy megalock.dll to installation directory or it won’t work.

OQuu1nSY7PDZN2JeCb7zoyhYbAcByNBosH7VexE6rdI7XJ7F8Q2K8Q_QcWUaPexT0vLfNLns6BRFdX_1pdCYbYUSYC5YhCi6qg=w1366-h768-rw-no

uNBYHS4LY7S4_IFd8AMqO2bOXPlyoVVFtIADn63adjUhBuA8UC5x5b2S_TNMm_ZFGd5dPqyp00N80vEx6S3wOwcW3k7RDbCF7g=w1366-h768-rw-no

R5eGYWfUsSN4Z2KcZIkXN2MBU7YPg0YtBHb6gGlzs2k3ikZ_MVqvWW2TzmtOqm-GJzo1HjuBG8tjdOxsCPQ4hHq8pkxSEnuKWQ=w1366-h768-rw-no

3: Install LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.

4: Extract LG Firmware Extract and copy Stock KDZ to that folder.

5: Run WindowsLGFirmwareExtract.exe. Click on Open.

6: Select your KDZ. Select all content off kdz.

7: Click on extract kdz. Wait for kdz to extract. You will notice a dz and LGUPc.dll.

8: Run LG Flash Tool. Select Manual Mode.

9: Select LGUPc.dll in dll section.

10: Select .kdz in S/W section (You will have to select show all files to make .kdz visible).

11: Now Begin downloading by pressing "Yellow Right Arrow". Connect phone in download mode.
    The step will fail at 4%. Now Disconnect phone. Do not turn off phone. Just disconnect it.
    12: Now exit and start LG Flash Tool again. Select Manual Mode. This time Select LGUP_H990ds.dll this time for dll section
    (You need different dll for different model. For example, "LGUP_VS995.dll" for VS995 variant )
    13: Now select that extracted dz in S/W section this time. Click on Start Arrow. Connect phone.

14: This time the flashing will begin. It will go upto 150%. Wait for it to complete.
    After flashing phone will boot into a screen with a big 2 on screen. After some time it will change into big 3.

15: When it changes into big 3. Pull the battery and start the phone.
    Your phone should start after some time. It should be detected by LGUP.

For Phone Stuck at Big 2:
    If your phone stuck at big 2 during process then you will have 2 choice, either restart process from start or flash this time with LGUP. Because phone is now running a fully stock firmware it should be detected by LGUP completely. You can simply flash kdz with LGUP and it will not show big 2 on screen. You need to start LGUP with uppercut.
    Attachments:
    1: LG FlashTool
    2: LG Firmware Extract 1.2.5
    3: Uppercut
    4: LGUP 1.14.3
    5: Driver 4.2
    or Mirror for Drivers (All Version) (Use latest)
    DLL Files:
    LG H990DS DLL
    LG VS995 DLL
    FAQ

• I got confused on which Flash tool to use and with this megalock stuff?
    Ans: Thanks, you asked, Just download LG Flash Tool attached in 2nd post, unzip, install tool, there will be a megalock.dll too, copy that to installation folder (by default that's "C:\LG\LGFlashTool") and overwrite, (written in install. Instructions too inside zip).

• This method isn't working for me, what shall I do?
    Ans: The possible reasons, for that not working, might be,
    A: You didn't installed drivers properly, try uninstalling old drivers and restarting after that.
    B: LG COM PORT isn't set to COM41, here is guide for that.
    C: And Most important, You are not following steps in the order in which they are written, so read carefully.

• Where I can download stock KDZ or dll for my LG Phone (other than V20)
    Ans: Most LG Phone KDZs can be found at this website.
    First of All:
    After Flashing let me know about your experience by answering the poll, this will help me in updating this post. Also tell me about you experience in comments.
    Disclaimer:

Before proceeding, remember I’m not responsible for anything bad happened to your device by following this or any of my guide. I’m just trying to help. So always do it on your own risk…
    Don’t blame me or Any other developer.
    All tools here are developed by different personalities. I’m just providing a guide on using these tool. Always say thanks to me and them. And If possible, donate them. They really deserve it.
    Thanks be to:
    @AutoPrime for All.
    @Hyelton for post on LG Flash tool.
    @bullghost for lg firmware extractor.
    Last one. Sorry for using too much space