LG V20 already discounted on the TMobile site

Search This thread

jinkerz9430

Sep 12, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Well. Lucky for me, even when i bought it for $800+, the device ended up costing me $300+ thanks to the promo of $200 and the 2 earphones which i sold for $135 each. O.O but i think i know why they lowered the price so much. It is because people usually pass in front of the phone in the store and never even looked at it. Oh well. But it might be while before the v30 comes yet

jcotterman

Apr 5, 2007
Largo, FL
I don't know if I should be upset or ecstatic? I paid the full price ($769) as my existing phone still had money owed. I wish I had a need for a second V20.

CadillacMike

Apr 13, 2016
Louisville, KY
yup, it is just a sale to get people like me who were waiting for the LG G6 or Samsung S8 to jump ship and it worked.

My V20 should be here tomorrow, switching from VZW Moto Z Force DRoid

jinkerz9430

Sep 12, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
yup, it is just a sale to get people like me who were waiting for the LG G6 or Samsung S8 to jump ship and it worked.

lol!!! They sure know what they are doing. They will probably leave it like that for only 2 or 3 days to motivate the masses hahaha. Well, welcome to the V20's Wagon @CadillacMike

Reactions: CadillacMike

jinkerz9430

Sep 12, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
How are you liking the v20? I am thinking on jumping on this wagon lol

Aside from the batttery life with screen on been no more than 6+ or 5+ hours (could be more if you are doing something less heavy) , everything else is great. And the doze mode for this phone is OUTSTANDING. It does preserve the battery quite well when the screen is off and you can still be using apps such as pandora or spotify. But if the battery if an issue, nothing that a 2nd baytery wouldnt compensate (something that pretty much every other flagship has abandoned. (included the rumors of the g6 with non removable battery and glass exterior and waterproof from a leak on gsmarena.)this might be the last flagship lg will do with removable battery. So sad. I will be keeping the v20 for a minimum of 4 years unless something happens to it. :) . I love the ir blaster, hi-fi dac, sd slot, 2nd screen, dual camera one of them being 16mp, the ability to control the macro at will, the metal body even if its inside a cover, the almost fully customizable design of the UI, the ability to be rooted and use magisk to hide the root from android pay and some other apps, the dedication which developers are supporting this device is great (i which there were more kernels but well) , and there are just soooo many stuff i love about this phone that to write it down it would easily take me a page here

Last edited:

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
I'm waiting for the Note 8 and using the Note 5 which is starting to die on me. Slow performance and bad battery life, this deal makes it so tempting.

mgbotoe

No its because the demand for the phone is horrible, no one wants it haha. It will plummit more just watch. And you wont see anything true on the V30 til 3rd/4th quarter. You can buy a V20 on ebay for 300 bucks since the first month it came out lol

Lol, what phone do you have? LG v20? How do you like it assuming previous question is yes lol

jinkerz9430

Sep 12, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
No its because the demand for the phone is horrible, no one wants it haha. It will plummit more just watch. And you wont see anything true on the V30 til 3rd/4th quarter. You can buy a V20 on ebay for 300 bucks since the first month it came out lol

does that means that the s7 and s7 edge are horribles phones too? because for what i can see on the website they are at the same price than the v20. And the LG G5 cost more than both of them lol! . In my opinion the V20 is not horrible at all. :cool: A company wouldnt dare to keep such a low price for more than a few days. Otherwise, well.... they might experience a shortage for which they cant account for if all the v20's and s7's are sold. Then they would be losing a massive amount of money for leaving the price so low. Thus, it doesnt matter how you see the V20. It still been one of the latest flagships with almost latest technology integrated and some features that others dont have just like samsung has some features that the v20 doesnt have. But im almost 100% sure that if the price of the s7 rises again, we will see the v20 price rise once again.

screenshot-www.t-mobile.com-2017-02-22-23-59-20.png screenshot-www.t-mobile.com-2017-02-22-23-59-41.png

Reactions: CadillacMike

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
I do have it and I do not recommend it since I am on my 4th replacement of the damn thing loool. Just wait for the new phones of 2017. Your better off!

I know you're a dev, but you have to ask yourself how many phones have to break in your possession before you consider maybe the phone isn't the problem?

Two bad phones; statistical nightmare. Three bad phones you're either picky or careless. Four bad phones you're just abusing the system.

mgbotoe

does that means that the s7 and s7 edge are horribles phones too? because for what i can see on the website they are at the same price than the v20. And the LG G5 cost more than both of them lol! . In my opinion the V20 is not horrible at all. :cool: A company wouldnt dare to keep such a low price for more than a few days. Otherwise, well.... they might experience a shortage for which they cant account for if all the v20's and s7's are sold. Then they would be losing a massive amount of money for leaving the price so low. Thus, it doesnt matter how you see the V20. It still been one of the latest flagships with almost latest technology integrated and some features that others dont have just like samsung has some features that the v20 doesnt have. But im almost 100% sure that if the price of the s7 rises again, we will see the v20 price rise once again.

View attachment 4051408 View attachment 4051409

I spoke with tmobile...apparently they are clearing out their inventories in time for the upcoming phones. Otherwise they will have to pack up everything and ship back to sammy/lg...how much truth is in that, is another story. lol

jinkerz9430

Sep 12, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
I spoke with tmobile...apparently they are clearing out their inventories in time for the upcoming phones. Otherwise they will have to pack up everything and ship back to sammy/lg...how much truth is in that, is another story. lol

Call 3 different agents and see what they say. Dont give any details abkut what each other agent told you. Just ask them why is the price lowered that much. If all of them agrees then it must be true. Because i have had the experience of talking with more than 30+ agents from tmobile already and they tend to not be coordinated at all (meaning they give completely different and unrelated answer to each others). On the second hand, how long does a phone last in a store before it is removed? Lets think about when they released the s4 and s5 or the g2 and g3. They lasted quite a while in the store even when newer phones kept incoming. So, we shouldnt take their words for it exactly. I see that at&t and sprint remains faithful to its prices toward v20, and s7. So thats thats another thing to suspect about.

Lucky me i only paid about 300+ on december anyways o.o

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

No, I got nothing... no headphones or discount of any sort.

Edit: wait I lied, they're at least giving me the 11.2% cash back promo... that's something.

Oh. Thats a different promo. I thought it was the $200 off promo

Ashalinia

Mar 15, 2016
TX
I don't think I would've been eligible anyways. The price is still the same in the upgrade section. The promo might only be for new customers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do have it and I do not recommend it since I am on my 4th replacement of the damn thing loool. Just wait for the new phones of 2017. Your better off!

I know you're a dev, but you have to ask yourself how many phones have to break in your possession before you consider maybe the phone isn't the problem?

Two bad phones; statistical nightmare. Three bad phones you're either picky or careless. Four bad phones you're just abusing the system.
    How are you liking the v20? I am thinking on jumping on this wagon lol

Aside from the batttery life with screen on been no more than 6+ or 5+ hours (could be more if you are doing something less heavy) , everything else is great. And the doze mode for this phone is OUTSTANDING. It does preserve the battery quite well when the screen is off and you can still be using apps such as pandora or spotify. But if the battery if an issue, nothing that a 2nd baytery wouldnt compensate (something that pretty much every other flagship has abandoned. (included the rumors of the g6 with non removable battery and glass exterior and waterproof from a leak on gsmarena.)this might be the last flagship lg will do with removable battery. So sad. I will be keeping the v20 for a minimum of 4 years unless something happens to it. :) . I love the ir blaster, hi-fi dac, sd slot, 2nd screen, dual camera one of them being 16mp, the ability to control the macro at will, the metal body even if its inside a cover, the almost fully customizable design of the UI, the ability to be rooted and use magisk to hide the root from android pay and some other apps, the dedication which developers are supporting this device is great (i which there were more kernels but well) , and there are just soooo many stuff i love about this phone that to write it down it would easily take me a page here

lol!!! They sure know what they are doing. They will probably leave it like that for only 2 or 3 days to motivate the masses hahaha. Well, welcome to the V20's Wagon @CadillacMike