IR Remote App

Search This thread

Robert235

Apr 4, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
LG replied pretty fast, however, the email in one of the post doesn't deal with the ir blaster.

Sent from my LG V20 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-06-26-21-52-00.png
    Capture+_2017-06-26-21-52-00.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:

Madbullben

Feb 23, 2013
Hello.
Just wondering can any of you guys pm me or something the quick remote app? I need an app that learns as I've got a few devices that are from Korea and aren't in any of the remotes I've found.

My phone also didn't ship with the app and the place where you download it from is not their either so my only hope is if someone uploads it.

Thanks Ben

dgattenb

Oct 14, 2007
wales
Sure remote worked fab for me , all my odd stuff. old freesat box etc Sony tv and sound bar .. even at work the aircon ... lol

sobriquet506

Aug 3, 2017
I use the Galaxy Universal Remote app, which several people have mentioned, in conjunction with a multi-widget popup app called, quite appropriately, Popup Widget.

Galaxy Universal Remote lets you create widgets for individual remote buttons, and Popup Widget lets you combine them into a single (super fast) shortcut overlay on your homescreen (see below)

I only need a few buttons (and this would be a hassle to set up for a full remote) but it is crazy quick, and these control my computer (media buttons), television (power), and A/V receiver (volume), so having all the important elements of my entertainment system instantly available is just a great alternative to tracking down remotes for a single function (thank goodness some phones still come with IR blasters).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170817-013002.jpg
    Screenshot_20170817-013002.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 601

fookme

Dec 14, 2012
Use xiaomi remote earlier version. Dont use the newest version, it has a lot of problem even for my own xiaomi. Earlier version downloaded online may have chinese introduction, but it will be fine.

the_R00ter

May 18, 2019
If you go into the launcher settings, enable smart bulletin. You can just swipe over and use the stock remote app on stock launcher without even opening app and better yet - no loading time!

Reactions: luiselmalo666

Keyosuke

Dec 16, 2006
I use Remote CT. I found it by tracking the developer of the Quick Remote app LG provided with the phone and it lead to them (not LG), using a new name. It's extremely similar to the Quick Remote app, and that's fine because I've been able to control TVs, DVD players, and projectors in bars with it, which is what I need. I've used other apps that let me manually program codes into them for custom device settings, but I really haven't needed that as QR and CT have addressed every device I've thrown at them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Smart remote- anymote is working on TiX rom. On the stock rom it did not work for me. But on TiX rom it is working. In the other ir remote thread some stated to have alternate controls toggled on. It is on on mine and the remote is working.
    you can decompile the systemui apk and change under the asserts file, there is a quick remote option to be added back to the notification pannel..
    furthermore you can use custom quick settings from the playstore and make your own custom toggle, add hotspot, apps, root features etc, and it assums the same oem look as other toggles, needs root but its def. the best app, furthermore qs tiles does it also, its a little feature rich but can do it also..

im working on the ls997 systemui now to add those things back without a 3rd party app, lg built them in, but just disabled them, theres atleast 30+ tiles hidden in this bad boy.
    Personally I use galaxy universal remote. Highly recommended.
    Peel from play store

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Peel seems to be more TV oriented. right now, it's more for my room appliances like my air-conditioning. But i'll still try Peel out when i'm watching shows off my mac. :D
    Thanks!

Personally I use galaxy universal remote. Highly recommended.
    Galaxy remote looks pretty sleek! Fingers crossed it learns code on the v20 too!
    If you go into the launcher settings, enable smart bulletin. You can just swipe over and use the stock remote app on stock launcher without even opening app and better yet - no loading time!