[BOUNTY VZW ATT ONLY] New Root Method Exploit or Full Bootloader Unlock

Search This thread

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Dang! That sucks.

Maybe try looking on eBay or Craigslist for a GREAT with older firmware?

Or might be time for a new phone. ;)

hey man whats up sorry for off topic postin hows the weather there lol.
i used to live in johnson city still loads of friends and family there.
cool to see a ex local hard at it

Reactions: Spookymyo

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
The link https://xdaforums.com/g4/general/unlock-unlock-lg-g4-device-usu-t3760451 :cool:

Bootloader has been unlocked! Thread can be found in the G4 General forums by @steadfasterX. Please remember to donate if you pledged!

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Really... You got a 2 year old link that covered unlocking the VS986 bootloader? :confused:

Well yes... 2 years ago. Maybe a little bit more.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: fates13

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
@fates13,
I see from the bootloader unlock thread that you have a Nougat ROM working on your VS986. Does everything including voice, texting, mobile data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS work well for you? Any issues observed yet? Thank you for updates in the other thread and here :)

Did your internal storage get wiped in the process of unlocking and going to the N ROM?

Did you have to flash gapps too?

Last edited:

fates13

Dec 20, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 8
@fates13,
I see from the bootloader unlock thread that you have a Nougat ROM working on your VS986. Does everything including voice, texting, mobile data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS work well for you? Any issues observed yet? Thank you for updates in the other thread and here :)

Did your internal storage get wiped in the process of unlocking and going to the N ROM?

Did you have to flash gapps too?

This probably isn't the right thread for this but everything was working besides security settings for the lock screen. Trying to figure out the issue now. Internal is not wiped and gapps needs to be flashed.

Reactions: divineBliss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    unfortunately the people that gain and benefit and profit off root the most are not a part of this community.I think the main reason the thought of trying to license an exploit is to stop businesses and such from running wild with free work.

I think many users here assume most rooters and unlockers are just people that want to open up their own personal phone a bit more. but many forget all the 3rd party phone resellers that resell our roots and unlocks. lots of smaller phone carriers use our roots to they can customize their phones theyve bought from larger carriers to rebrand. And thats just 2 cases of MANY.

a specific example... my samsung gs4 sim unlock method from a few years back is still being used in 3rd-party phone shops around the world and I know of at least 37 shops making $1000+ a month of it. meanwhile I never got more than 25% of the bounty. the bounty not being paid was no surprise.. I think everyones aware that only about 20-30% of a bounty is paid out on average... that's not my issue. my issue is my free work is now creating a living for others.

so we have xda users.. which I'd generally love to help... then we have companies making bank off of us... it's a hard line to deal with. This is my thought anyway. I cant speak for others.

I will add... Codefire has no plans to charge for a root or unlock for the G4. Just wanted others to be aware there's more going on than "evil devs wanting to take all of XDA users $$". ;)
    Lol
    LG G4

Life's Good

aQmpOr9.jpg

Bounty Details:

This is the official thread for the LG G4 bounty for root/unlocked bootloader. I will be ONLY doing the bootloader bounty for the Verizon/AT&T models as these are usually the harder variants to achieve. I can have two separate bounties; one for root in general and the other for the unlock bootloader. XDA has not broken this up into sub-forums, so until then I will post this in the 'General' section.

Root and Recovery Bounty:

Requirements:

1. Be the first person to create or find a method to achieve the following:

• Exploiting a fully stock LMY47D build to get root and custom recoveries.

2. Make a post in this thread with the following:
    • Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
    • Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow

3. Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device with LMY47D build

4. Claim your bounty via PM from donator(s)

Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis.

List of Donators:

• [*]dennisg34 -$50 PAID!
    • nineeightyone -$40
    • bodom_hc -$20
      [*]Red_baran -$20 PAID
    • chrisoklay -$20
    • natator99 -$25
    • Thrillhouse847 -$25
    • blackknightavalon -$50
    • JedixJarf -$20
    • DeMiNe0 -$50
      [*]m0j0 -$100 PAID
    • krazy_smokezalot -$200
    • paoloroeseke -$50
    • creaky -$30
      [*]zackzuse -$30 PAID ($40)
      [*]branj -$50 PAID
    • grumpyg4 -$20
    • nitram12 -$20 PAID
    • ThePhoneGeek -$80 PAID ($40)
      [*]tylerw1369 -$30 PAID ($40)
    • pimpmaneaton -$20
    • pamdemonia -$20
    • AhsanU -$50
      [*]Kalash -$10 PAID ($40)
    • eitama -$25
    • MCFADONNA -$50
    • stl-soldier -$20
    • shojus -$10
    • royisher -$20
      [*] ErismaSS -$25 PAID ($200)
    • DroidForPresident -$25
    • Bootup -$25
      [*]jiggyb21 -$25 PAID
    • clandes -$25
    • budeone -$100
    • smooth703 -$20
    • jmileti -$50
      [*]cowsquad -$20 PAID
      [*]StuMcBill -$20 PAID ($40)
      [*]paleman27 -$250 PAID
    • shook187 -$10
    • siraltus -$25
    • gboybama -$20 PAID
    • reardoma -$20
    • player911 -$25
    • painedglass -$40
    • shaffer678 -$40
    • Mohammed Atif -$15
      [*]blueshirts12 -$20 PAID
    • patch_Adams -$20
    • ambervals6 -$30
    • drwedge -$4
    • Eagle1337 -$20
      [*]TR88 -$20 PAID
    • DaBunny-$25
    • elpoblano -$10
      [*]etiger13 -$20 PAID
    • mtva24 -$15
    • TheChemist187 -$20
    • c6z06vette -$20
    • Enzopreme -$25
      [*]nissan1973 -$20 PAID
    • larski156 -$20
    • billquinn1 -$20
    • dmd3746 -$25
    • ExTREmE99 -$25
    • ortizdavila -$25
      [*]rdeluis -$20 PAID
    • dilligaf56 -$20
      [*]Smokncars-$25 PAID ($20)
      [*]phineous -$25 PAID ($32.50)
      TOTAL: $2370

Full Bootloader Unlock + Root/Recovery Bounty:

Requirements:

1. Be the first person to create or find a method to achieve the following:

• Unlocking, exploiting, or patching the bootloader on a stock LMY47D device, to get root and custom recovery as well.

***A workaround like Loki or similar does not qualify for this bounty***

2. Make a post in this thread with the following:

• Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
    • Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow

3. Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device with LMY47D build

4. Claim your bounty via PM from donator(s)

Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis.

List of Donators:

• dennisg34 -$50
    • bodom_hc -$20
    • Red_baran -$20
    • natator99 -$25
    • zackzuse -$40
    • zanj -$50
    • nitram12 -$20
    • ThePhoneGeek -$80
    • tylerw1369 -$50
    • pimpmaneaton -$30
    • pamdemonia -$20
    • AhsanU -$50
    • branj -$50
    • MCFADONNA -$50
    • stl-soldier -$50
    • DeMiNe0 -$100
    • CattleRancher -$25
    • ErismaSS -$25
    • DroidForPresident -$25
    • Bootup -$75
    • officerdoofy -$20
    • blueshirts12 -$20
    • ambervals6 -$40
    • drwedge -$40
    • Eagle1337 -$40
    • dontbeweakvato -$20
    • b3y0ndd34th- $50
    • DaBunny-$40
    • krazy_smokezalot -$200
    • etiger -$20
    • mtva24 -$25
    • Enzopreme -$75
    • larski156 -$50
    • dmd3746 -$50
    • steelew -$20
    • dilligaf56 -$20
      joshuadjohnson22- $10

TOTAL: $1495

DISCLAIMER;

• PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. OFF TOPIC, SIDETRACKED POSTS WILL GET DELETED AND WILL HELP CLOSE THIS THREAD.
    • Please note if you do not explicitly state separate prices for root/recovery and full bootloader unlock bounties, your contribution of the same price will be add to both lists.
    • Please note you may not submit a contribution for only ONE bounty. If you post a contribution, one price will be applied to both bounties unless separate prices are explicitly stated.
    • Please note you do NOT have to pay for both bounties separately. Whichever bounty gets fulfilled first is the one that you pay for upon collection. This is why your contribution is added to both lists automatically.
    • Please note you may NOT make any specific restrictions or requirements that aren't listed in the OP. By making a post with your contribution price you are agreeing to paying out based on all terms listed in OP only and nowhere else.
    • Please note once you make a post with your contribution you may not withdraw it at any time and are responsible for paying out once the bounty is claimed. The only changes that can be made are another post raising the prices if you choose so. Please make sure you read everything carefully. No exceptions!
    • Please be advised that if Verizon/AT&T or LG is to release an official method of unlocking the bootloader (extremely unlikely but must be accounted for) prior to any member of XDA's submission, this bounty automatically becomes invalidated.

CREDIT FOR THIS TEMPLATE GOES TO @open1your1eyes0
    whys this thread still open? it's pointless

If you think it's pointless, please don't bother posting here. Those kind of comments are themselves rather pointless.
    Ok, I am in.. Never done this before, I have always just donated to the dev or person themselves.

T-Mobile-- count me in for $100.00 Put my name on the page boys.. lets play!!