FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help with installing Magisk on Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jordanfan23, Junior Member on 24th February 2019, 06:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have read many threads and lots of videos and cannot seem to get the Magisk installed.
I have flashed back to stock many times with (N900VVRUEOF1_N900VVZWEOF1_N900VVRUEOF1_HOME.tar.m d5) in order to try multiple methods.

Rooted with Arabictoolapp - used rootchecker to verify/application also says true for root
followed: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...nlock-t3439010

installed SU from playstore to unlock bootloader using the adp method - shows developer mode to verify - using eMMc to verify CID starts with 15
followed: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...oader-t3359370

installed twrp using official twrp app & also tried ODIN in another trial (picked verizon americas and got twrp-3.2.3-0-hlte.img.tar and twrp-3.2.3-0-hlte.img )
turned phone off and boot into recovery to verify; at this time i created a recovery

using MagiskManager i downloaded the zip (Magisk-v18.1.ip) and flashed using twrp - no errors but when i restart the phone it says Magisk not installed
next attempt was to extract the boot.img from the stock OF1 and then flash the Magisk - no errors but when i restarted the phone it says the same thing - Magisk not installed
another attempt was to patch the boot.img and got a patch_boot.img then using TWRP i flashed the patch_boot.img - restarted and magisk not installed
after further digging, i tried another method which was to unroot using SU, reboot, go into recovery to then install Magisk - magisk not installed
*note each attempt to install Magisk unrooted my phone
*was able to use Magisk-uninstaller-20190204.zip to uninstall Magisk manager from recovery - icon went away

anyways i am completely stuck now. any suggestions or comments on my approach?

25th February 2019, 01:53 AM |#2  
Flag Zachary
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanfan23

installed SU from playstore to unlock bootloader using the adp method - shows developer mode to verify - using eMMc to verify CID starts with 15
followed:

Did you uninstall SU before trying to install magisk. The two together may cause conflict.
25th February 2019, 02:40 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssr

Did you uninstall SU before trying to install magisk. The two together may cause conflict.

Yes my last attempt i tried.
26th February 2019, 02:07 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
please help! there has got to be something i am doing wrong or missing. i can flash the uninstall zip and it does uninstall the magisk manager
1st March 2019, 11:41 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
@cssr any other input or suggestions?
2nd March 2019, 12:56 PM |#6  
Flag Zachary

More
Quote:

@cssr any other input or suggestions?

Try twrp 2.8.7 hltevzw. You are using the stock ROM which is android 5. Twrp 3.1 and higher is for android 7 and up. I missed that the first time I read your post.
5th March 2019, 02:56 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Try twrp 2.8.7 hltevzw. You are using the stock ROM which is android 5. Twrp 3.1 and higher is for android 7 and up. I missed that the first time I read your post.

no go =(
6th March 2019, 12:52 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
@cssr should i try another version of magisk?
8th March 2019, 03:47 AM |#9  
Flag Zachary

More
Quote:

@cssr should i try another version of magisk?

Yes. Are you installing Magisk .zip in twrp and installing Magisk Manager APK after normal reboot?
8th March 2019, 06:48 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Yes. Are you installing Magisk .zip in twrp and installing Magisk Manager APK after normal reboot?

what do you mean after normal reboot? so flash magisk in twrp. reboot. reboot again then install magisk manager? do you know what version of magisk i should run and where i can find the dl link?
17th May 2019, 04:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What he means is you install the Magisk ZIP via TWRP in Recovery mode, reboot the phone, then you install Magisk Manager via the APK.

Go to magiskmanager dot com website which has the ZIP installer plus the APK for the Manager.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)