FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Different sim card.

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By blobdan, Junior Member on 27th August 2016, 07:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

One of my chinese friend just gave me a note 3 Verizon as my old pre 3 died.
I played a little with it and installed Jasmine 6.1 rom. Then i travelled back to home and i found that i can't use any other sim card than verizon.

Is it possible to change that ? I didn't find anything that helps in the forum.

I apologise for my bad manners and my horible english.

Thanks for your answers.

28th August 2016, 06:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 990

More
Your English and manners are very good, so no need to apologize.

I'm no expert in moving phones between carriers. What I will suggest to you is that you search the 9005 forum (International Note 3) and perhaps other, more active Note 3 forums (eg Sprint forum). This particular device forum doesn't have a lot of participants.

Maybe you can find some technique that is applicable to the SM-N900V (Verizon Note 3) with the appropriate modifications.

Keep in mind that the 9005 is an Exynos SOC, not a Qualcomm 8974 SOC, so you certainly can not just flash something from over there on to your SM-N900V. Very different hardware than the Verizon/Tmobile/Sprint Note 3's

For what it is worth, I currently have a CM13 hltespr (Sprint) ROM on my phone that has a very tiny set of mods to allow it to work on Verizon. But that situation might be different from yours - that situation is an example of switching between carriers for which there is a Note 3 variant already supported by Samsung. I guess there must be a built-in carrier configuration database , because that mod seems to only change some carrier "index" values.

good luck with your search. Post a solution if you find one!
30th August 2016, 07:39 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Hello,

So far nothing new. I'll seek more actively as soon as i can (my workload is a bit heavy these days).

Thanks for your answer.
30th August 2016, 05:57 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I flashed this rom DarkLord.S7E.G935FXXU1APEK and i can use the note 3 with Free sim card (i am currently in France).

I need to test more to see if the phone is stable enought and the battery drain is acceptable.

I'll keep in touch if anything change.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)