FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any root methods for 5.0 yet?

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By jamesalynch, Junior Member on 31st May 2016, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm upset at this point. I just attempted to downgrade to 4.4.2 yesterday but that didn't work (obviously), so I'm stuck. Has ANYONE found anything leading to how to unlock the bootloader for us? I would do it myself but I don't know how. Any support is appreciated.

Sent from my badass SM-N900V using XDA-Developers mobile app

1st June 2016, 02:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesalynch

I'm upset at this point. I just attempted to downgrade to 4.4.2 yesterday but that didn't work (obviously), so I'm stuck. Has ANYONE found anything leading to how to unlock the bootloader for us? I would do it myself but I don't know how. Any support is appreciated.

Search is your friend... Look in the General section of the forum.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
8th August 2016, 03:25 AM |#3  
Flag Danville
Thanks Meter: 16

More
There is a bootloader unlock out now.

9th August 2016, 07:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donc113

Search is your friend... Look in the General section of the forum.

^This. Everything is in the general section on how to root and unlock bootloader.
9th August 2016, 08:17 PM |#5  
Flag ga
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Try this
Quote:

Try this, I did I was bricked and had to install android 5.0 firmware from a kitkat rom. I could not find a way to get rooted. THEN I tried this and it worked. THIS IS THIS >>>>>>>http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...click-t3330098

Let me know if it works.
11th August 2016, 06:56 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Park City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilspeak

Try this, I did I was bricked and had to install android 5.0 firmware from a kitkat rom. I could not find a way to get rooted. THEN I tried this and it worked. THIS IS THIS >>>>>>>http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...click-t3330098

Let me know if it works.

Actually, this is the first method I tried to root. However, I've found a bootloader unlock that I think works. Once I do this I'll just flash 4.4.2, then flash a custom recovery and flash JasmineROM 5.1
23rd August 2016, 05:11 PM |#7  
Prescott
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Actually, this is the first method I tried to root. However, I've found a bootloader unlock that I think works. Once I do this I'll just flash 4.4.2, then flash a custom recovery and flash JasmineROM 5.1

Are you bent on rolling back? I updated my firmware to OF1, rooted, unlocked the bootloader, and installed TWRP. Then flashed the Jasemine ROM 6.1 (Lollipop) and it works great.
25th August 2016, 03:01 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Park City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3WL3SS

Are you bent on rolling back? I updated my firmware to OF1, rooted, unlocked the bootloader, and installed TWRP. Then flashed the Jasemine ROM 6.1 (Lollipop) and it works great.

I forget I don't have to roll back however at this point I don't own the phone anymore stuck with the Cricket LG G Stylo with root but a locked bootloader...

*Edit*
Forgot to mention that in the end, I did root and unlock the bootloader. Also flashed TWRP at least my work is finally done

Sent from my LG-H634 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)