FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

VZW Update? (Screenshots)

670 posts
Thanks Meter: 191

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, it looks like Verizon is rolling out an update. I clicked to see what was inside but it took me to a broken link. Does anyone know anything about this?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170914-210434.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	4272856  

15th September 2017, 05:18 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Mine is installed and upgrading android and optimizing apps.... I will know soon!
15th September 2017, 05:34 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Laguna Beach

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegunn

Mine is installed and upgrading android and optimizing apps.... I will know soon!

I bit the bullet. This is what I got.

15th September 2017, 05:36 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Yeah mine is the same. Can't tell any differences so far. The link for what the update contains was broken, so I have no details. I am sure they will be posted here soon enough though.
15th September 2017, 05:39 AM |#5  
Flag Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 740

More
Mine just completed. Odd, they updated the kernel with a date of 9/8 but did not push the Sept security patch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170915-003553.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	4272860  
15th September 2017, 05:40 AM |#6  
Flag Greenville, SC

More
Double post...
15th September 2017, 05:41 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Laguna Beach

Donate to Me
More
I can't find this anywhere... N950usqu1aqi5
15th September 2017, 07:40 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Laguna Beach

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianraven

I can't find this anywhere... N950usqu1aqi5

Cool blog... http://www.theandroidsoul.com/verizo...n950usqu1aqi5/

It would be cool if who ever wrote it at least give me credit for my screenshots.
The Following User Says Thank You to sebastianraven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sebastianraven Ad-Free
15th September 2017, 08:16 AM |#9  
Flag Greenville, SC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianraven

Cool blog... http://www.theandroidsoul.com/verizo...n950usqu1aqi5/

It would be cool if who ever wrote it at least give me credit for my screenshots.

Yup, they used mine as well with no credit either. Boo

Edit: I commented on that Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike02z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike02z Ad-Free
15th September 2017, 11:26 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thanks to you two for that then lol. Can't stand people that pick others stuff and post it taking credit. But anyway thanks for the help... I had no idea what the update was for and just clicked it in a half sleep this morning.

I was reading about that bluebourne vulnerability so glad they covered that. Anyone know who runs that blog?
The Following User Says Thank You to CtrlZThis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CtrlZThis Ad-Free
15th September 2017, 01:57 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlZThis

Thanks to you two for that then lol. Can't stand people that pick others stuff and post it taking credit. But anyway thanks for the help... I had no idea what the update was for and just clicked it in a half sleep this morning.

I was reading about that bluebourne vulnerability so glad they covered that. Anyone know who runs that blog?

The article author's email address is at the end of the article. I don't know that he runs the blog, but someone keeps deleting my comments. The vulnerability IS NOT FIXED by this update. Armis' vulnerability scanner indicates that my updated Note 8 is still vulnerable.

EDIT: A post to a VZW update thread on Reddit suggests that the Armis app may be providing a false positive. I've emailed Armis with a request for verification and will followup if/when they reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge DeBoulet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dodge DeBoulet Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)