[Firmware] [Official] Firmware / Kernel / Modem / Recovery [N920VVRU2AOJ3]

Search This thread

Dejavl1

Jun 2, 2017
Hi, I have a note 5 with verizon. The phone automatically reset back to factory and i lost all my pictures. Apparently after a few incorrect password it automactically reset to factory. Ive download and tried drfone and few other programs to retrieve my pictures but it won't pass the root part. I also download kingroot and tried to figure my way around odin but i don't know what i'm doing. I don't know anything about rooting or flashing. I'm just googling and hopefully figure something out. I can't give up on these pictures. I would really appreciate some help. Its on android 7.0 N920VVRS3CQD1 let me know what other information is needed

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
Hi, I have a note 5 with verizon. The phone automatically reset back to factory and i lost all my pictures. Apparently after a few incorrect password it automactically reset to factory. Ive download and tried drfone and few other programs to retrieve my pictures but it won't pass the root part. I also download kingroot and tried to figure my way around odin but i don't know what i'm doing. I don't know anything about rooting or flashing. I'm just googling and hopefully figure something out. I can't give up on these pictures. I would really appreciate some help. Its on android 7.0 N920VVRS3CQD1 let me know what other information is needed

Hate to tell you this but it's to late now, they're gone! There's no root for the Verizon Galaxy Note 5 yet so unless you had a Google account and had it set to back up your stuff automatically, then there's nothing you can do now it's far to late especially when you enter the password incorrectly 15 times causing the phone to think someone's trying to guess the password and you guessed wrong enough times that phone deleted everything because that's what it's set to do so if the phone were to be stolen no one would be able to get any of your stuff! Pretty much screwed at this point!

bladez

Hate to tell you this but it's to late now, they're gone! There's no root for the Verizon Galaxy Note 5 yet so unless you had a Google account and had it set to back up your stuff automatically, then there's nothing you can do now it's far to late especially when you enter the password incorrectly 15 times causing the phone to think someone's trying to guess the password and you guessed wrong enough times that phone deleted everything because that's what it's set to do so if the phone were to be stolen no one would be able to get any of your stuff! Pretty much screwed at this point!

I'm pretty sure he could go to data recovery service that specializes in data recovery from flash/NAND and get them back that way. Not anywhere cheap though.

Dejavl1

Jun 2, 2017
Lol that's why I don't say "go to a data recovery place" that's definitely not cheap and will cost more the phone did, lol.

I appreciate the response guys. It doesnt seem like there's anything i can do about it, from what i've read. While googling and researching i did come to 1 or 2 youtube video and a site or 2 that claim to work for other n920 models. Im thinking about giving them a try. I got nothing to loose

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
I appreciate the response guys. It doesnt seem like there's anything i can do about it, from what i've read. While googling and researching i did come to 1 or 2 youtube video and a site or 2 that claim to work for other n920 models. Im thinking about giving them a try. I got nothing to loose

What firmware are you running? Because I might have a boot.img that may help you look in other places.. It's for adb root only.

Never mind I see you are on N920VVRS3CQD1 nothing I can do with that version sorry.

Last edited:

tiomasai

Jun 9, 2017
Really no hope?

What firmware are you running? Because I might have a boot.img that may help you look in other places.. It's for adb root only.

Never mind I see you are on N920VVRS3CQD1 nothing I can do with that version sorry.

I am not sure of my exact version but I had same thing happen to me two days ago. Am trying to not use phone. If I could take to a data recovery service, wouldn't I be able to root it as well, as that is what they would do, no? Just trying to understand. I know the files must be there b/c despite factory reset, the GB space available is as before.

Any insight anyone can provide (or recommendation of fast, good data recovery service) is greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Reactions: MrMike2182

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
I am not sure of my exact version but I had same thing happen to me two days ago. Am trying to not use phone. If I could take to a data recovery service, wouldn't I be able to root it as well, as that is what they would do, no? Just trying to understand. I know the files must be there b/c despite factory reset, the GB space available is as before.

Any insight anyone can provide (or recommendation of fast, good data recovery service) is greatly appreciated, thank you!!

No a data recovery center will not root it... The reason it's so expensive is because they have to open the phone and take it all apart just to get to the motherboard in it and then they will use a super hot air dryer to blow on the memory chip so it causes the metal solder that's holding it to the board melt and then they remove the chip and put it into a special type of connector that allows their computer to read and pull everything from the chip but like I said this is not cheap AT ALL and it's going to cost more than the phone itself did so I don't bother to recommend that I just say try everything you possibly can first and if it doesn't work and you have money to burn then let the data recovery center do it but if you don't have the money for that then chalk it up to lesson learned and to always make back ups of everything you know is important as hell!! I went through this 1 time up in Massachusetts when my HTC broke and it had my new born daughters pictures on it and lots of other stuff but I didn't factory reset it, it just completely died and that phone was only 300 dollars and I paid a business in Boston to retrieve everything and the total bill was 878.95 more than twice the phone but I wanted those pictures back so I didn't care and since that day I've learned my lesson and make backups daily before bed since it's so quick.. Hopefully you can figure it out bro..

Last edited:

cale vance

May 25, 2017
flashing unlocked firmware?

So i have an note 5 with verizon can i flash the unlocked us firmware to it similar to how its done with the s8 ive done multiple s8s its pretty straight forward was wondering if it even possible to do with this phone because i cant seem to find a clear answer on google thanks in advance

ps if you can could you link the firmware thanks so much guys

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
So i have an note 5 with verizon can i flash the unlocked us firmware to it similar to how its done with the s8 ive done multiple s8s its pretty straight forward was wondering if it even possible to do with this phone because i cant seem to find a clear answer on google thanks in advance

It's not possible to do what you want to do to it because the S8 hardware is nothing like the Note 5 and there's no firmware available to do that either! Until there's a way to unlock the bootloader, it's never going to be possible.

gregcapps

May 6, 2011
Demorest, GA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20

There is no unlocked firmware for the Verizon note5

thegipper

Jan 21, 2010
Hey guys, my completely stock note 5 is stuck in a bootloop. Tried doing a hard reset but it doesn't work, just keeps bootlooping.
This happened randomly while I was just using the phone, I wasn't flashing anything or messing with anything. When I try to get into the recovery menu, it flashes a blue screen with the android guy for a split second, then reboots again. I cannot get past the samsung logo.

I want to try flashing the stock firmware using Odin but I don't know which firmware to use. How do I know if I need OJ3, OJ2 etc if I can't turn the phone on?

I've used ODIN in the past but I'll use this post to hopefully flash the stock firmware to save this phone.

Thanks for the help!

thegipper

Jan 21, 2010
Hey guys, my completely stock note 5 is stuck in a bootloop. Tried doing a hard reset but it doesn't work, just keeps bootlooping.
This happened randomly while I was just using the phone, I wasn't flashing anything or messing with anything. When I try to get into the recovery menu, it flashes a blue screen with the android guy for a split second, then reboots again. I cannot get past the samsung logo.

I want to try flashing the stock firmware using Odin but I don't know which firmware to use. How do I know if I need OJ3, OJ2 etc if I can't turn the phone on?

I've used ODIN in the past but I'll use this post to hopefully flash the stock firmware to save this phone.

Thanks for the help!

Ok I downloaded the firmware (newest one, figured it didn't matter) and tried flashing with Odin.

My phone is in download mode and the error on my phone reads "SW REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE: 3 BINARY: 2"

Odin log reads " <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Binary Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/037> Added!!
<ID:0/037> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/037> File analysis..
<ID:0/037> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/037> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

What am I doing wrong? I have the samsung drivers.exe installed, phone appears to connect to Odin just fine, but I'm getting this error.

Also, if I try turning on usb debugging via the recovery menu (select #5 press home button) it just reboots the phone back into the bootloop, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Need help fellas!

Last edited:

thegipper

Jan 21, 2010
I tried everything (that I know of). Tried flashing the newest stock firmware, new pit file and re-partition. I cannot get past the Verizon logo at this point, I think the phone has a hardware issue.

Top Liked Posts