FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

My Places widget gone after Nougat update

79 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By tripjnj, Member on 19th April 2017, 01:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone else notice that the My Places widget is gone with Android N? Frustrating as I was using the location based settings a lot between work, home, car,etc... Would not have done the upgrade yet had I known!

4th June 2017, 08:45 PM |#2  
Flag Brew City
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same here - My Samsung Galaxy S6 just updated to Nougat, one of the most important features I use daily - the My Places widget that allowed me to manager shortcuts and settings BY LOCATION is gone. I need that functionality, there is NOTHING in Nougat that makes up for not having this feature. Had I known I would have never let my phone update. In the meantime I located and downloaded "com.sec.android.widgetapp.locationwidget.apk" but it will not install, says "conflicts with a package of the same name". So we know the darn thing is still on the phone - aside from rooting, does anyone have a way to make the install work or make the phone see and use the package that's already there? I was hoping to use the DeBloater by GatesJunior to locate it, but apparently there's no new version for Android 7, and it only sees two packages period. I posted in that original thread to ask if there will be an update.
4th June 2017, 10:07 PM |#3  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 1,107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbrick

Same here - My Samsung Galaxy S6 just updated to Nougat, one of the most important features I use daily - the My Places widget that allowed me to manager shortcuts and settings BY LOCATION is gone. I need that functionality, there is NOTHING in Nougat that makes up for not having this feature. Had I known I would have never let my phone update. In the meantime I located and downloaded "com.sec.android.widgetapp.locationwidget.apk" but it will not install, says "conflicts with a package of the same name". So we know the darn thing is still on the phone - aside from rooting, does anyone have a way to make the install work or make the phone see and use the package that's already there? I was hoping to use the DeBloater by GatesJunior to locate it, but apparently there's no new version for Android 7, and it only sees two packages period. I posted in that original thread to ask if there will be an update.

I would just downgrade back to Marshmallow! To many problems with Android N especially certain apps being gone and the damn battery dying super fast again! I went back to Marshmallow and now I have my 8 hour charge back instead of 3 or 4 hours on Nougat!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)