Root ***Warning***

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 54
 
By jorgasm209, Member on 21st August 2015, 05:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
For those adventurous ones... might want to read this first before attempting any kind of root. Such a shame... T-Mobile here I come.

“In most of the U.S. devices, if you root the device the device won’t even boot up; if it’s AT&T or Verizon,”

Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 Edge+ Specs And Features: AT&T And Verizon Models Won’t Boot Up After Rooting
21st August 2015, 07:22 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
WTF, that's unacceptable
The Following User Says Thank You to GreeleyXda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GreeleyXda Ad-Free
21st August 2015, 07:28 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 574
 
More
If it's unacceptable, better not buy the phone! Because it certainly isn't illegal, so I don't think anyone can force them to change it if they don't want to.

Of course, that is assuming that this is even true. Hasn't been confirmed by anyone yet...
21st August 2015, 07:41 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel

If it's unacceptable, better not buy the phone! Because it certainly isn't illegal, so I don't think anyone can force them to change it if they don't want to.

Of course, that is assuming that this is even true. Hasn't been confirmed by anyone yet...

I already did lol ordered the white 32gb today

Pretty sure the jailbreak legal case would count for this tho, therefore we are allowed to root with a device that we paid (full price)

I've never actually rooted a Samsung device before, but we kinda need it now because Samsung isn't going to fix the ram issue
21st August 2015, 07:48 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 574
 
More
Good luck. Not sure what you will do if rooting it actually bricks it... even if you are legally right, that might not help make your bricked phone work any faster. Lol

Maybe a smart developer will find a way around it anyway.
22nd August 2015, 12:10 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Here's to hoping for a Developer Edition
22nd August 2015, 03:06 AM |#8  
bash_array's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Anywhere USA
Thanks Meter: 854
 
Donate to Me
More
Someone will bypass this nonsense. Where there's a will there's a way
22nd August 2015, 05:27 AM |#9  
xavierxxx2p's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Samsung pay for Verizon is disable already ...why would it be a problem when rooting and booting
The Following User Says Thank You to xavierxxx2p For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xavierxxx2p Ad-Free
22nd August 2015, 12:28 PM |#10  
KennyG123's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 55,658
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeleyXda

I already did lol ordered the white 32gb today

Pretty sure the jailbreak legal case would count for this tho, therefore we are allowed to root with a device that we paid (full price)

I've never actually rooted a Samsung device before, but we kinda need it now because Samsung isn't going to fix the ram issue

Ummm...being "allowed" to root and being "able" to root are 2 different things. If you figure a method around their security then you can root...nothing in that Jailbreak lawsuit says they have to make it easy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KennyG123 Ad-Free
22nd August 2015, 12:45 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

Ummm...being "allowed" to root and being "able" to root are 2 different things. If you figure a method around their security then you can root...nothing in that Jailbreak lawsuit says they have to make it easy.

Yes, verizon is bricking phones.
Locked bootloader would the equivalent to able
while bricking would be the equiv to allowed


I dont understand the need to brick a phone, instead of idk deny service. Since service is what verizon owns, while you own the hardware
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, note 5, root, verizon

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes