[FIRMWARE/PIT]Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 {SM-G900V/KLTEVZW}[ODIN]

9,225 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,168

Post Reply Email Thread
OFFICIAL FIRMWARE & PIT COLLECTION

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5

{SM-G900V/KLTEVZW}

DISCLAIMER/FYI

- I am aware that other locations/websites offer one or more of the following Firmware/PIT files. I'm providing them all in one place to help others out in obtaining them.

- Due tot he size of the Firmware Files, the PIT Files are only available on the Downloads area of the DevDB.

- Any process (like updating your modem) via Odin/TWRP/CWM is simple/easy to do but, as always, if your not sure of what your doing and don't do your research (ie... searching, asking questions, etc... first), then you take the risk of damaging your device.

- I take no responsibility for any unexpected results or damage that may happen but, I am always willing to provide assistance to help you out.

- Also keep in mind that when performing any unconventional updates, unlocking, rooting, etc... you may end up "voiding your warranty"!

INSTRUCTIONS

1. If not already done, be sure your PC/LPTP has the latest "Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones" installed.

2. Download the Firmware and extract the ".tar.md5" file needed from one of the download links (below).

3. Reboot your device in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons).

4. Connect the USB cable to the Device and PC.

5. Open Odin and select the PDA/AP and choose the ".tar.md5" Firmware file you downloaded.
{Please Note: It's typically reccomended to use Odin v3.12-v3.15 (other versions may also work).

6. In Odin, please be sure not to make any additional selections than the default that was already selected when you opened Odin.
{Please Note: ONLY if using a PIT file, be sure you select the "re-partition" option.

7. Select "Start" at the bottom & be patient for the process to complete as it can take some time for Odin to finish. Once Finished, Odin should reflect a Green "PASS" when completed (The device will also reboot automatically when done).

PRIMARY DOWNLOAD LINK (FIRMWARE)

SM-G900V Stock Firmware - Android File Host

PLEASE NOTE: The AFH Firmware Downloads are compressed in a ZIP to conserve on Bandwith/Space. Be sure you decompress/unzip the download for the ".tar.md5" needed.

PRIMARY DOWNLOAD LINK (PIT)

SM-G900V Pit File - XDA DevDB Downloads

ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD LINK (PIT)

SM-G900V Pit File - Android File Host

PLEASE NOTE: Besides the color, there was only 1 SM-G900V variant that was sold by Verizon which is why only 1 PIT file is/was available.

Special Mentions/Credits
@klabit87 - For ideas on optimizing certain device specific thread's.
Samsung - For device developement.
Sammobile - For miscelaneous firmware and other tools.
Android File Host - For providing a file host server for developers & others.
Let's not forget... To All The Girls i've Loved Before... (LOL!)

Click Here If You Would Like To Donate To My Developements
~{Donations Are Appreciated, but Never Necessary...}~

PLEASE NO MIRRORS!

XDA:DevDB Information
[FIRMWARE/PIT]Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 {SM-G900V/KLTEVZW}[ODIN], ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
Ibuprophen
Source Code: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s5/SM-G900V/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: SM-G900V - Samsung Stock Firmware

Version Information
Current Stable Version: G900VVRU2DQL1
Stable Release Date: 2017-12-07

Created 2018-03-01
Last Updated 2019-06-20
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free

1st March 2018, 06:03 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
******CHANGELOG******

**DATE: 05-06-2019**

- Updated/Optimized the OP/DevDB Thread.

**DATE: 03-02-2018**

- The remaining 2 Firmware Files have been successfully uploaded to the AFH.
- All 25 kltevzw Firmware Files (that had been released to date) are now available on the AFH.
- The kltevzw Firmware List Image on the OP has been updated.

**DATE: 03-01-2018**

- Initial Launch of New DevDB Thread
- The PIT File has now been Uploaded and is now Available on the AFH & DevDB.
- 23 (out of 25) of the Firmware Files have been Uploaded and is now Available on the AFH.
- The remaining 2 Firmware Files should be uploaded within a few days and will be announced when they are available.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
1st March 2018, 06:03 PM |#3  
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
2nd March 2018, 05:33 AM |#4  
Flag Taos New Mexico
Thanks Meter: 838

Donate to Me
More
Alright, this is great thank you! I have a noob question. I have the g900v with unlooked BL and I have the latest modem but an older BL.
.will flashing the newest tar give me the ever illusive matched pair without locking the BL?
2nd March 2018, 07:38 PM |#5  
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftbones74

Alright, this is great thank you! I have a noob question. I have the g900v with unlooked BL and I have the latest modem but an older BL. Will flashing the newest tar give me the ever illusive matched pair without locking the BL?

Flashing any one of these will restore your device to its default state, to include locking up your bootloader.

It's extremely rare for a device, with an unlocked bootloader, to require or benefit from updating the bootloader itself unless it was to repair something like
Unbricking it.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 07:33 PM |#6  
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
I just wanted to keep everyone informed that I'm still here for any questions, guidance and support!

Thank you very much for your time, patience and support. :thumbup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
29th June 2018, 03:55 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Hello! I am currently running a PHX ROM - Stock MM - baseband version QA1, build number MMB29M.G900FXXS1CPK1, it is a port from the S7. I have a locked boot loader - CD11 chip.

Is it possible to flash the QL1 update to this phone on this ROM, or do I need to go all the way back to stock? (hope not....)

Thanks!
29th June 2018, 04:37 PM |#8  
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenickel9

Hello! I am currently running a PHX ROM - Stock MM - baseband version QA1, build number MMB29M.G900FXXS1CPK1, it is a port from the S7. I have a locked boot loader - CD11 chip. Is it possible to flash the QL1 update to this phone on this ROM, or do I need to go all the way back to stock? (hope not....) Thanks!

This looks like a 2 part type of question but, I believe that it can be answered with 1 part of it since I believe that you may be looking for something else and got a bit confused regarding this specific thread.

Are you actually looking for the Baseband Modem Update for your G900F device?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
29th June 2018, 04:42 PM |#9  

More
Hello!

I am looking to update to QL1 from QA1, but I am using a ported stock based ROM. I am unsure if using the files here will allow the phone to work. The phone is really a G900V (VZW) but registers as a 900F as it's a ported ROM
29th June 2018, 05:05 PM |#10  
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenickel9

Hello! I am looking to update to QL1 from QA1, but I am using a ported stock based ROM. I am unsure if using the files here will allow the phone to work. The phone is really a G900V (VZW) but registers as a 900F as it's a ported ROM

I understand what your asking now... :thumbup:

Go to your devices "Settings Menu" then "About phone" and tell me what it states under the "Baseband version".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
29th June 2018, 05:49 PM |#11  

More
Awesome!

G900VVRS2DQA1.

My main reason for trying this is to get my security updates from Nov 2016 security updates to a much better patch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)