[ROM] [DEV aboot ONLY] Verizon Stock Rooted DEODEXED PG2 [kltevzw]

Search This thread

mjk749

Jul 4, 2016
Does anyone know if there is a PG2 Stock Rooted Rom that isn't deodexed and doesn't have the bloat removed, similar to G900V_PF4_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip in this thread? Can't log into snapchat on this ROM, but it works fine on G900V_PF4_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip, so I assume it has to do with the additional changes to deodex and remove the bloat.

fermalobos

Apr 14, 2008
Mexico
Very fast, good on battery till now, I don t play pokemon and don t use android pay, so excellent

After 4 days of using this rom, my phone now works much better ( its like software and hardware are catching up with each other) and battery lasts longer

Last edited:
Reactions: GeTex

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
Does anyone know if there is a PG2 Stock Rooted Rom that isn't deodexed and doesn't have the bloat removed, similar to G900V_PF4_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip in this thread? Can't log into snapchat on this ROM, but it works fine on G900V_PF4_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip, so I assume it has to do with the additional changes to deodex and remove the bloat.

if you just need a stock rooted rom, just install stock PG2 from the OTA, (make sure the bootloader unlock persists), and the flash systemless supersu, and I think flash the kernel we are running in this rom(extract it as boot.img, flash in TWRP), it should work
@jrkruse am i wrong?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
if you just need a stock rooted rom, just install stock PG2 from the OTA, (make sure the bootloader unlock persists), and the flash systemless supersu, and I think flash the kernel we are running in this rom(extract it as boot.img, flash in TWRP), it should work

@jrkruse am i wrong?
If you take Ota or flash ota you will no longer have unlocked bootloader nor will you be able to root without going back to pb1 unless OTA was modified. You could use flashfire to flash firmware just don't flash bootloader. And let flashfire auto root the rom. This method would probably not update modems since you wouldn't have a stock kernel installed

Last edited:

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
If you take Ota or flash ota you will no longer have unlocked bootloader nor will you be able to root without going back to pb1 unless OTA was modified. You could use flashfire to flash firmware just don't flash bootloader. And let flashfire auto root the rom. This method would probably not update modems since you wouldn't have a stock kernel installed

I thought as long as he had TWRP installed, bootloader write protect is enabled?(or does the OTA write to recovery?)

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I thought as long as he had TWRP installed, bootloader write protect is enabled?(or does the OTA write to recovery?)

That should be the case. But I can't say with 100 percent confidence that it will work that way, and I think the zip will fail to flash anyways because rooted rom will have modded build.prop and it will fail security check on ota. I really never mess with ota I always waited until full factory tar image came out

thewebsiteisdown

Mar 18, 2011
I'm stuck at the first boot screen where it says samsung galaxy s5 then shows the lock unlocked and states custom powered by android. I am on an unlocked pf4 bootloader. Please help.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

That should be the case. But I can't say with 100 percent confidence that it will work that way, and I think the zip will fail to flash anyways because rooted rom will have modded build.prop and it will fail security check on ota. I really never mess with ota I always waited until full factory tar image came out

Please.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

@jrkruse am i wrong?

Please help me.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Please...

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
I'm stuck at the first boot screen where it says samsung galaxy s5 then shows the lock unlocked and states custom powered by android. I am on an unlocked pf4 bootloader. Please help.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Please.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Please help me.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Please...

Spamming us doesn't help, especially with the lack of any information, what is your baseband?

How did you flash, what did you come from?

Reactions: thewebsiteisdown

thewebsiteisdown

Mar 18, 2011
Last edited:

thewebsiteisdown

Mar 18, 2011
Does it matter what kernel I was on I was on resurrection remix mm kernel

I was on a regular kernel as far as I know but I was on CM14 so maybe that was the issue.. I was able to flash the pf4 deodexed rooted rom from droidviews for the unlocked bootloaders just fine. Maybe I should try the pg2 again now..

I just tried it after flashing the mentioned rom and it's working now.

Thank you so much for all your awesome help and such a sweet rom geotex!

You're the most helpful person ever, every time.

@hauckk@sfreserves.org

Yeah it's the kernel.

Last edited:

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
I was on a regular kernel as far as I know but I was on CM14 so maybe that was the issue.. I was able to flash the pf4 deodexed rooted rom from droidviews for the unlocked bootloaders just fine. Maybe I should try the pg2 again now..

I just tried it after flashing the mentioned rom and it's working now.

Thank you so much for all your awesome help and such a sweet rom geotex!

You're the most helpful person ever, every time.

@hauckk@sfreserves.org

Yeah it's the kernel.

if you aren't running stock prior to flashing, it will fail

CM is not stock, stock means TW

Reactions: mastertech007

NerdyKowboy

Mar 2, 2016
FYI: Minor Fail

I don't know if it was a glitch or something I did, but I wanted to throw this out there as a bug in case someone else runs into it.

After running ROM about 3 days:

I could not receive text messages or receive phone calls.
I could send texts and calls, and my data in/out still worked.

I checked all hardware options first (Sim card, phone, etc), and finally deduced it had to be the ROM. I did a factory reset inside the ROM, and that did NOT fix it. I had to reflash the ROM, and that fixed it.

Notes:
I was using Xposed 86.1 and FireFds module to bypass exchange security and a few other tweaks.
I tried fully uninstalling Xposed (from TWRP) and Firefds first, and rebooting, and that didn't do anything.

Good luck and carry on.

Top Liked Posts