FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

DISCONTINUED Safestrap Without Odin+Safestrap Flashable Firmwares

6,939 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,775

By jrkruse, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Contributor on 20th July 2015, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here are the new safestrap flashable firmware zips with no bootloaders these are safe to flash on all versions of bootloaders
BOC4_Firmware_No_Bootloaders.zip
BOD5_Firmware_No_Bootloaders.zip
BOE1_Firmware_No_Bootloaders.zip
BOG5_Firmware_No_Bootloaders.zip
BOK3_Firmware_No_Bootloaders.zip

This Is Very Important!!! If You Are On BOE1 BOG5 Or BOK3 Bootloaders Do Not Flash Any Firmware Zips Found Here Or In My Other Threads Or Other Threads They May Have Older Bootloaders In Them And They Will Brick Your Phone!!!!! Only Flash The Ones That Specifically Say They Are For BOE1 Or Later Bootloaders!!!
Rooting Tools For Lollipop

Edit: I reuploaded the Rooting_Tools_For_S5_Lollipop.zip as the md5 was not right if your md5 is not b3dc378a34c0551efe4925912bfa1a9c please redownload and delete the .1Stock_Firmware_Zip from your internal and external sd card and reflash zip

Here is every thing you need to use safestrap without odin. This zip will install the files need if you have to return to KitKat NCG to obtain root. It will also install the firmwares that can be flashed in safestrap so you will not need to use odin. This zip will also install Lollipop SafeStrap Recovery which will allow you to use safestrap without having to use odin to flash kernels and firmwares. I recommend using safestrap to flash for the simple fact if something goes wrong you can still have a chance of booting back to safestrap to reflash something as where using Flashfire if something fails there is a good chance you will have to odin back and start all over. For you who prefer Flashfire I still recommend installing safestrap just as a backup just incase flashfire fails. This zip will also install the Flashfire app
Rooting_Tools_For_S5_Lollipop_V6.zip

Instructions for rooting Verizon S5 on Kitkat Or Lollipop Roms Or If your Already Rooted On A KitKat Rom (If you took the OE1 OTA Update there is currently no root method available)

If already running a rooted kitkat rom with safestrap proceed to step 4

1. Download Odin_3.10.6.zip and install on computer

2. Download NCG_Rescue_Tar_And_NCG_For_Root.tar.zip and extract the zip into the odin folder

3. Download lates USB drivers for computer Found HERE and install to computer

4. Download these 3 zips and extract them and copy the folders containing the zips to your sdcard. They are not flashable because you but the zips inside the folders are flashable and are needed in safestrap later on. If your already rooted skip to step 19 after you extract these zips to your sdcard
Stock_Firmware_Zip.zip
Stock_Kernel_Zip.zip
RootS5.zip

5. Copy anything you don't want to get deleted to your external sd card as this process is going to wipe internal storage

6. Reboot Phone to Download mode by holding the power button+volume down button+home button all at the same time.

7. Open Odin on your computer

8. Plug Phone into computer.

9 Press Volume up button on Phone (if you havent already done so) and let odin find your phone. The ID:COM box will turn blue when its ready
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	4678
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	3411569

10. Click the AP Box in odin and locate the NCG_Rescue_Tar_And_NCG_For_Root.tar.md5 file (which you should have extracted in the odin folder) click on the file and let odin load it. It may take several minutes to load

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	4594
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	3411570

11. Once it has passed MD5 check the AP box will populate the file

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	4594
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	3411571

12. Click Start and wait for it to finish will take around 5 to 10 minutes to flash

13. When phone is finally booted up just skip through the setup wizard there is no need to add any accounts as the files you will need you already added to your phone sd card

14. Use the file manager and open the RootS5 folder on your Sd card and install
tr_v3.apk
Superuser.apk
BusyBox.apk
Safestrap-G900V-3.75-KitKat.apk

15. Once all are installed open Towel Root and click Make it rain box then open SuperUser and when it ask to update binary click update normally, then it will ask to disable knox click yes. This may hang if so reboot then open SuperUser again it will again ask to disable knox click yes and then it successfully disable knox.

16. Open BusyBox and grant SuperUser root request. Then click install

17. Open safestrap grant super user root request then install safestrap. Once installed click reboot to recovery inside the safestrap app. If it fails to reboot to recovery install safestrap again and then click the reboot to recovery button it should work this time

18. Now make sure you have the Stock_Firmware_Zip folder and the Stock_Kernel_Zip folder on your sd card both folders should contain 3 flashable zips files

19. Copy Rom to sd card

20. Reboot to safestrap flash rom once rom is flashed navigated to the Stock_Firmware_Zip folder and flash the firmware that matches your rom that you flashed and click reboot

Instruction to Use SafeStrap Without odin If Already on rooted lollipop rom

1. Flash Rooting_Tools_For_S5_Lollipop.zip

2. Open Lollipop SafeStrap Recovery

3. Click Install SafeStrap. It will open Safestrap App wait for the SuperUser Request and grant permission(This may take a few seconds be patient) once you grant permission you may have to go back and reopen the app. Then install SafeStrap. wait for safestrap to install then click install safestrap again(Sometimes on BOD5 firmware it takes 2 times to stick this is why I say do it twice)

4. Open Lollipop SafeStrap Recovery

5. Click on Recovery Reboot

6. Click The Flash Button Grant SuperSu Root Access

7. Click the Reboot To SafeStrap Box

8. Phone will Reboot to SafeStrap. (If for some chance it doesnt boot to safestrap you will need to use odin and manually flash one of the lollipop kernels below. Then once rom is rebooted install safestrap again and problem should be fixed)

9. To return to rom from Safestrap you will need to flash the the stock kernel matching your rom or if your flashing Firmware then just flash that zip there is no need to flash kernel if you flashed a firmware zip. The Firmwares only need to be flashed if the rom you flashed is a different firmware otherwise just flash the kernel. The Firmwares will be located on internal and external SD cards in a file called 1Stock_Firmware_Zip folder and the Kernels will be in 1Stock_Kernel_Zip folder They should be at the top of the list of folders
10. If a problem happens when flashing a rom and you bootloop you will then need to use odin to flash the NI2 Kernel then you can get back to Safestrap

Odin Flashable Tars if you need them

Thanks
@Hashcode for safestrap
@benwaffle for the Kernel flashing tool
@klabit87 for making this for verizon
@chetqwerty for the OE1 update.zip which I got the kernel and modem from
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free

25th July 2015, 10:34 PM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

"1. Flash Rooting_Tools_For_S5_Lollipop.zip"

Okay, beg pardon for being dense, but what do you mean, 'flash'? How? Should I fire up Odin on the computer? Is it an Android Debugging Bridge method of running a script? Do I need to use Odin anyway, to flash that older kernel first? Perhaps just use my S5 to download and install the zip? Am I making it too hard? I know I must be.

I like to follow instructions, and the 1st one has me scratching my head.
Thanks.
25th July 2015, 11:10 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukenbiker

Quote:

"1. Flash Rooting_Tools_For_S5_Lollipop.zip"

Okay, beg pardon for being dense, but what do you mean, 'flash'? How? Should I fire up Odin on the computer? Is it an Android Debugging Bridge method of running a script? Do I need to use Odin anyway, to flash that older kernel first? Perhaps just use my S5 to download and install the zip? Am I making it too hard? I know I must be.

I like to follow instructions, and the 1st one has me scratching my head.
Thanks.

Are you rooted on a lollipop rom
26th July 2015, 05:59 AM |#4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Yes. OptimalROM 5.0 by BigBot96. It's working great.

I am a flash junkie from way back, and I thought I was 'done', what with this complex locked bootloader safestrap business. Is this light at the end of the tunnel really is a train? I'm a wreck for flashing different flavors. The Odin back and forth on kernels has soured my interest in the whole flashing thing.

I'm interested. This sounds like a good workaround.
26th July 2015, 07:41 AM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukenbiker

Yes. OptimalROM 5.0 by BigBot96. It's working great.

I am a flash junkie from way back, and I thought I was 'done', what with this complex locked bootloader safestrap business. Is this light at the end of the tunnel really is a train? I'm a wreck for flashing different flavors. The Odin back and forth on kernels has soured my interest in the whole flashing thing.

I'm interested. This sounds like a good workaround.

Just flash the zip with flashfire or safestrap it will install everything you need including flashable kernels and firmwares then follow the direction in the second part in the OP
The Following User Says Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 04:37 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 167

More
I'm on boc4 rooted but can't get to safe strap at all. Even though it states it's installed.. Do you know something I missed here? I thought anything lollipop is locked down to where you can't get to safestrap...
28th July 2015, 05:59 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewebsiteisdown

I'm on boc4 rooted but can't get to safe strap at all. Even though it states it's installed.. Do you know something I missed here? I thought anything lollipop is locked down to where you can't get to safestrap...

Are you flashing the ni2 kernel to get to safestrap?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jrv331 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrv331 Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 06:25 PM |#8  
Flag San Jose CA
Thanks Meter: 200

More
@jrkruse I been using this app to boot into SS can I still use this to flash your rom or do I have to install your Lollipop SS? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1438104323593.jpg
Views:	2082
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	3421444  
28th July 2015, 09:27 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Ok I do still have to install the older kernel. I gotcha thank you sir.
29th July 2015, 01:04 AM |#10  
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 782

More
I see a version 2 for flashing root tools. Any major difference?
29th July 2015, 02:58 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713brianp27

I see a version 2 for flashing root tools. Any major difference?

Verision 2 is a fix for those people that flashed the rooting tools on kitkat rom and screwed up safestrap. But as it turned out flashing the original didnt mess anything up so I felt no need to post it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)