VZW OTA 4.4.4 Just pushed.

181 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By fhblake04, Senior Member on 9th September 2014, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2014, 11:26 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 574

More
Thanks for testing! I was in the process of installing the OTA when you posted that - not I can root with peace of mind.

Update: Following the steps listed, worked perfectly. Now on 4.4.4 and rooted. No issues.

GuestK00143
9th September 2014, 11:40 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri

Cool. I'm surprised vz didn't blackball the ncg kernel to run on the new firnware but good for us!

I was in the process of testing but you went ahead anyways. I'm still having problems booting after the NHA flash. I took the OTA and rerooted but after the NHA firmware flash it won't boot. I think the NHA tar needs the modem and the rest of the normal added files.
9th September 2014, 11:56 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 5,001

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

I was in the process of testing but you went ahead anyways. I'm still having problems booting after the NHA flash. I took the OTA and rerooted but after the NHA firmware flash it won't boot. I think the NHA tar needs the modem and the rest of the normal added files.

Did you follow the process open1your1eyes just posted, i.e. the kernel swap?
GuestK00143
10th September 2014, 12:04 AM |#24  

More
Quote:

Thanks, I see the problem now. The NCG firmware I flashed was the full firmware that had the modem ans such in it where yours is just the bootloader. My bad.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote:

However I think SOAgent.apk and odex need to be removed after the update. I was getting unauthorized changed detected after I flashed NHA. I'll be able to confirm in a few.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
10th September 2014, 12:24 AM |#25  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks, I see the problem now. The NCG firmware I flashed was the full firmware that had the modem ans such in it where yours is just the bootloader. My bad.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

However I think SOAgent.apk and odex need to be removed after the update. I was getting unauthorized changed detected after I flashed NHA. I'll be able to confirm in a few.

You mean the kernel not bootloader. Also, make certain reactivation lock is turned off in security settings.
GuestK00143
10th September 2014, 01:01 AM |#26  

More
Quote:

You mean the kernel not bootloader. Also, make certain reactivation lock is turned off in security settings.

Yes... kernel.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I have posted a little treat for the new update.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
10th September 2014, 01:24 AM |#27  
Flag Ooltewah
Thanks Meter: 2,443

Donate to Me
More
So, Im assuming CZW didn't increment the bootloader then? Great to know. All we need is the official TAR for us to get our ROMs updated.
I'm kind of impressed Samsung/VZW is being proactive with updates.
10th September 2014, 01:26 AM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok, seeing that I already flashed the NHA kernel and flashed back to NE9 should mean that NHA isn't incremented?

FYI.....I just checked out the aboot in the new OTA and the qfuse counter is still at 1. This means full Odin downgrades to NCG or NE9 are still possible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muniz_ri Ad-Free
10th September 2014, 01:30 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Everything went smooth
10th September 2014, 01:31 AM |#30  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde03

So, Im assuming CZW didn't increment the bootloader then? Great to know. All we need is the official TAR for us to get our ROMs updated.
I'm kind of impressed Samsung/VZW is being proactive with updates.

Correct. And someone rooted on the new firmware can pull a system dump while we wait for the official .tar.
10th September 2014, 01:33 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tformed

I got the same Bluetooth update, earlier today and noticed that it was Android 4.4.4 too. Phone appears to run snappier too. Haven't really noticed any cosmetic changes.

I'm also getting this annoying "Voice Mail Update: Your Voice Mail service has been updated. Tap here to set up your service." in the notification tray. Haven't found a way to get rid of it completely.

I would use it, but I have Google Voice setup for voicemail.

Just click on it and start the process. You can opt to cancel it part of the way through, and the notification will go away.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)