NE9 OTA and go back to stock?

Search This thread

Ok_Kaleidoscope5109

Dec 29, 2009
Trying to solve this for a friend.

We're on the pre-NE9 release and I used Towelroot to get the phone root. This was critical because we were migrating from an old S3 to the S5, so it was easier to use Titanium Backup to bring back the apps and savegame data.

Well it turns out my friend needs to run MDM Airwatch and Root cloak isn't working anymore. TBH there really isn't any reason to keep the phone rooted because it just makes OTA difficult too. So I think we're ready to go to an unrooted state.

So the first thing is we're struggling that even after doing a full unroot via SuperSU uninstalling Towelroot, it still doesn't pass MDM. So if anyone has a suggestion go ahead.

I'm not sure whats wrong but even then the OTA won't install either, so I'm suspecting the phone still finds something not in stock state.

So here's my question: Is it possible to install the OTA via Odin and ensure that the apps/data are not lost? I've heard that there's a lot of reasons OTAs can fail, so its more reliable to just use Odin to get the OTA applied. I figure that once we get the OTA updated, perhaps MDM will pass? If not we can always factory reset at that point.

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012

We're on the pre-NE9 release and I used Towelroot to get the phone root. This was critical because we were migrating from an old S3 to the S5, so it was easier to use Titanium Backup to bring back the apps and savegame data.

Well it turns out my friend needs to run MDM Airwatch and Root cloak isn't working anymore. TBH there really isn't any reason to keep the phone rooted because it just makes OTA difficult too. So I think we're ready to go to an unrooted state.

So the first thing is we're struggling that even after doing a full unroot via SuperSU uninstalling Towelroot, it still doesn't pass MDM. So if anyone has a suggestion go ahead.

I'm not sure whats wrong but even then the OTA won't install either, so I'm suspecting the phone still finds something not in stock state.

So here's my question: Is it possible to install the OTA via Odin and ensure that the apps/data are not lost? I've heard that there's a lot of reasons OTAs can fail, so its more reliable to just use Odin to get the OTA applied. I figure that once we get the OTA updated, perhaps MDM will pass? If not we can always factory reset at that point.

You can't flash the OTA via Odin but you can sideload it by placing it on your ext-sdcard then sideloading from stock recovery. And by MDM I am assuming it's the modem that is not passing verification. Here is the G900V_NE9_Stock_Modem.tar.md5. Flash in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+) then attempt to take the OTA again.

colorsharpkid

Dec 23, 2007

go to google play
and download Helium - App Sync and Backup
options for rooted and non rooted try it i used it to backup a app data locally without gmail cloud on my rooted note3 and save the file did the same on my rooted s5 and had it Manuel restore that file just need to create the same file folder and drop the file in it if you do Manuel

so stupid i had passed a ton of level on chuchu rocket i didnt wanna redo

i also used this to do the sms altho helium may have done that for me too SMS Backup & Restore (Kitkat)
INFOLIFE LLC - February 25, 2014
Business

there is non kitkat and kitkat labeled one does it good just doesnt backup pics in the mms txts