Volume Automatically Goes Up to Max

Search This thread

beavermjr

Dec 29, 2009
Albany
I've owned the phone 2 years and ll was good. Yesterday as Iwas using the phone, I would randomly see the media volume slider pop up on the screen and show max. after 4 times in like half an hour, I turned the volume down to silent. minutes later, it popped back up at max. I restarted the phone and it kept happening. This morning, I tried to watch videos on youtube app and the volume was again at max. Each time a video started, I immediatly turned it down to a decent listening level and it went back up after the media was done playing.

The only thing I installed yesterday was the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) App to watch the Roar before the 24 today since it's not being broadcast on TV. After the race I will remove the app and see if the problem goes away. I have used the app over the past two seasons without incident.

Is there a way to identify what app has permission to change the volume ? Could it be a virus or worse maybe some moisture got inside the volume up button. It's probably not the latter as I'd see the volume indicator increasing at random intervals instead of just showing up at max.

Mike

PS My Verizon galaxy s5 is rooted with stock lollypop and has been so for about a year and a half.

beavermjr

Dec 29, 2009
Albany
I got annoyed an hour or so ago and uninstalled the app and the problem went away. Just before the race, I installed the app to watch the live broadcast and the issue returned. How do I fix this? Can I use permissions to deny the app access to the volume control or are app permissions all or nothing? If it's all or nothing, Is there an app that manages permissions like I want? I will definitely email the developer of the app to see if they can fix the issue.

Reactions: Chris__B

Chris__B

I got annoyed an hour or so ago and uninstalled the app and the problem went away. Just before the race, I installed the app to watch the live broadcast and the issue returned. How do I fix this? Can I use permissions to deny the app access to the volume control or are app permissions all or nothing? If it's all or nothing, Is there an app that manages permissions like I want? I will definitely email the developer of the app to see if they can fix the issue.

Same exact issue and scenario here with an S7 on Nougat.

nu_skool

Apr 28, 2010
Thank you for this. I have a One Plus One and the audio issues only recently started (randomly jumping to max volume). It's been like this for a few months and I've tried everything to figure out what it was. Just uninstalled the app so hopefully that will resolve my issue.

Thank you for this. I have a One Plus One and the audio issues only recently started (randomly jumping to max volume). It's been like this for a few months and I've tried everything to figure out what it was. Just uninstalled the app so hopefully that will resolve my issue.
I don't have that device but, if you require some member guidance for it, your best bet is to post that question within the following Q&A thread that's specific to your device.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2731638

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.

spg900ny

You've probably figured this out already, but I did notice in another forum that the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) App seems to cause this issue. For those of us who do not have this app installed, and yet have volume issues, the hunt continues. But just thought for anyone searching this issue and finding this, make sure you don't have the IMSA app installed.

beavermjr

Dec 29, 2009
Albany
luckily for me the IMSA app was of no use as they were not allowed to broadcast live race coverage in USA since Fox sports had the broadcast rights. Fortunately Fox Sports GO does not have this issue. When it came time for Le Mans, last month, Velocity covered it flag to flag. It's great to see these networks stepping up to the plate and covering such iconic races. I just wish Fox Sports would stop switching between fox sports 1 and 2 every few hours it even means that the website changes feeds to match the TV experience.

What is frustrating is that the developers of the IMSA app, have not fixed the issue. At least this year I was able to login. maybe in a few more years, it will work as expected.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.