[MOD] 4x5 TouchWiz Launcher

Search This thread

briantacker

Feb 9, 2012
This will make the launcher home screen 4 (wide) x 5 (high)
It will also make the app drawer 4 (wide) x 6 (high)

Only tested on Verizon GS5 (SM-G900V)

Flash using safestrap.

I'm new to modding so let me know if there's anything that needs to be changed or doesn't work right.

ENJOY!

Don't be shy with that Thanks button!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, make sure busybox is installed before flashing. It uses it to mount /system during the flash process.

Attachments

• HomeScreen.jpg
    HomeScreen.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 2,917
  • AppDrawer.jpg
    AppDrawer.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 2,752
  • TouchWiz4x5.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,882
Last edited:
G

GuestK00143

Thanks, I've been waiting for one of these for our phone. I installed it no problem and everything looks and works great. Nice job.:cool:

torr310

Mar 26, 2011
Flash using safestrap.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, make sure busybox is installed before flashing. It uses it to mount /system during the flash process.

Thank you, is using the original recovery OK?

[Edit]
It does not work with the stock recovery... saying wrong footer.

Last edited:

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
Curious about a 5x4 or 5x5 like I had on my note 3

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Zoandroid

Dec 9, 2010
I'm very used to "home" being in the middle, and not at the left end, of the home screens, so I'd really like to try this. But in the event I decided I didn't like it, how would I go back to the stock settings? Is there an "un-install" for this?

Edit - I just realized, having made a nandroid of the stock ROM with Safestrap, I could just restore that to get back to the factory setup on the home screens if I wanted to, right?

briantacker

Feb 9, 2012
I'm very used to "home" being in the middle, and not at the left end, of the home screens, so I'd really like to try this. But in the event I decided I didn't like it, how would I go back to the stock settings? Is there an "un-install" for this?

Edit - I just realized, having made a nandroid of the stock ROM with Safestrap, I could just restore that to get back to the factory setup on the home screens if I wanted to, right?
Well first of all this has nothing to do with where the home screen is, it just changes the grid size.

As for restoring, just make a backup of /system/priv-app/TouchWizHome.apk and if you want to go back just restore that file through safestrap.

Zixx

Sep 1, 2009
Miami
This is just awesome, I was wondering if it is possible to make the icons a little bit bigger, and also wondering if we could have the Google search bar in every screen, like the Google launcher.
Thanks for the nice mod! !!

Zoandroid

Dec 9, 2010
Well first of all this has nothing to do with where the home screen is, it just changes the grid size.

As for restoring, just make a backup of /system/priv-app/TouchWizHome.apk and if you want to go back just restore that file through safestrap.

Thanks for clarifying that, but I immediately saw the first point above for myself. I made the mistake of assuming your modification would bring about every aspect of the picture you showed (in which your main homescreen is centered). :) Since that was the main reason I was looking at this modification, I decided to switch to Nova Launcher to get that feature. But thanks for the mod, and for answering my questions. :)

jaladhjin

Jul 13, 2013
anybody know if this would work and is even needed on Alliance rom ?

If not needed.. how would I enable in Alliance ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will make the launcher home screen 4 (wide) x 5 (high)
    It will also make the app drawer 4 (wide) x 6 (high)

Only tested on Verizon GS5 (SM-G900V)

Flash using safestrap.

I'm new to modding so let me know if there's anything that needs to be changed or doesn't work right.

ENJOY!

Don't be shy with that Thanks button!

This is awesome. Do you think you'll tweak an L home launcher to be 4x5 as well? I know I'd download it!
    I can give it a shot if you show me where to get it.
    Is needed though right can't just enable in Alliance settings?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    No launcher options with Alliance. You can run a different launcher, like nova, apex, et al.

Sent from my Alliance Galaxy S5.