[MOD] Lockscreen Widgets!

Search This thread

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
Lockscreen Widgets for the VZW S5 [ NCG ]
HUGE Thanks to Team Alliance for the source for enabling lockscreen widgets on the S5! This is not my code, but I did have to compare their code to ours and merge the smali edits into the Verizon Keyguard.apk smali files.

Just flash this via recovery. It replaces the stock /system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk with a modified Keyguard.apk.
This might work for the DevEd also, but I don't know. If you try it and it works let me know and I'll update this OP :good:

DEODEX ONLY

NCG lockscreen Widgets
NE9 Lockscreen Widgets
NI2 Lockscreen Widgets is currently not working. Still looking into it.

Original thread with the source used

Pics

sh_lswidgets.png

Stock NCG lockscreen download
Stock NE9 Lockscreen download

Last edited:

Broadley1

Apr 12, 2012
Not to sound totally noob but after flash, how do u apply to lock screen

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora

I'd also like to know..

How do we go about using these lockscreen widgets?

Preferably without yet another app..

On the lock screen, touch the clock and drag down. From that point you should be able to move the screen to your right and add another widget.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

I would like to know if this includes the center clock fix as I also created this with the fix for the multiple clock the get created if you use a center clock mod.

Reactions: jaladhjin

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
You drag the clock to the side. You'll then see a button with a + on it. Tap the + and (if you have a secure lockscreen) unlock your devivce to bring up a list of widgets.

And yes, one widget per lockscreen. Seems odd, personally.

EDIT: Added pics to the OP to show what I'm talking about.

Reactions: chrisbass

chrisbass

Jun 19, 2011
Norwich
www.pinchingmypalm.com
I must be crazy....I can't for the life of me figure out how to drag the clock down. I understand lockscreen widgets and had many on my S4, but when I touch the clock in any direction nothing happens. I flashed the zip on a stock rooted rom. I'll just flash your R9 and see if it works for me when baked in or if it really is just operator error on my part. Feeling like I caught a case of the noobs.

Last edited:

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
I must be crazy....I can't for the life of me figure out how to drag the clock down. I understand lockscreen widgets and had many on my S4, but when I touch the clock in any direction nothing happens. I flashed the zip on a stock rooted rom. I'll just flash your R9 and see if it works for me when baked in or if it really is just operator error on my part. Feeling like a caught a case of the noobs.

Haha it's all good. It shouldn't make a difference what ROM it is. Just let me know.

Serubin

Sep 28, 2012
This doesn't work on stock rooted. :(

EDIT:

I got it working on the stock rom using this tutorial to odex the modifications:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1608767
and this script
Code:
adb shell

mount -o remount, rw /system

cp /storage/extSdCard/amestris_mod/Keyguard.apk /system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk

dexopt-wrapper /system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk /system/priv-app/new_Keyguard.odex /system/priv-app/core.jar:/system/priv-app/bouncycastle.jar:/system/priv-app/ext.jar:/system/priv-app/framework.jar:/system/priv-app/android.policy.jar:/system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk:/system/priv-app/core-junit.jar

cp -f /storage/extSdCard/amestris_original/Keyguard.apk /system/priv-app

chmod 777 /system/priv-app/Keyguard.odex
chmod 777 /system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk
chmod 777 /system/priv-app/new_Keyguard.odex

busybox dd if=/system/priv-app/Keyguard.odex of=/system/priv-app/new_Keyguard.odex bs=1 count=20 skip=52 seek=52 conv=notrunc

cp /system/priv-app/new_Keyguard.odex /system/priv-app/Keyguard.odex

chmod 644 /system/priv-app/Keyguard.odex
chown root.root /system/priv-app/Keyguard.odex
rm /system/priv-app/new_Keyguard.odex

mount -o remount, r /system

reboot

Last edited:

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
This doesn't work on stock rooted. :(

EDIT:

I got it working on the stock rom using this tutorial to odex the modifications:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1608767
and this script
Code:
adb shell

mount -o remount, rw /system

cp /storage/extSdCard/amestris_mod/Keyguard.apk /system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk

dexopt-wrapper /system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk /system/priv-app/new_Keyguard.odex /system/priv-app/core.jar:/system/priv-app/bouncycastle.jar:/system/priv-app/ext.jar:/system/priv-app/framework.jar:/system/priv-app/android.policy.jar:/system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk:/system/priv-app/core-junit.jar

cp -f /storage/extSdCard/amestris_original/Keyguard.apk /system/priv-app

chmod 777 /system/priv-app/Keyguard.odex
chmod 777 /system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk
chmod 777 /system/priv-app/new_Keyguard.odex

busybox dd if=/system/priv-app/Keyguard.odex of=/system/priv-app/new_Keyguard.odex bs=1 count=20 skip=52 seek=52 conv=notrunc

cp /system/priv-app/new_Keyguard.odex /system/priv-app/Keyguard.odex

chmod 644 /system/priv-app/Keyguard.odex
chown root.root /system/priv-app/Keyguard.odex
rm /system/priv-app/new_Keyguard.odex

mount -o remount, r /system

reboot

Probably should'a mentioned this is deodex only.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lockscreen Widgets for the VZW S5 [ NCG ]
    HUGE Thanks to Team Alliance for the source for enabling lockscreen widgets on the S5! This is not my code, but I did have to compare their code to ours and merge the smali edits into the Verizon Keyguard.apk smali files.

Just flash this via recovery. It replaces the stock /system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk with a modified Keyguard.apk.
    This might work for the DevEd also, but I don't know. If you try it and it works let me know and I'll update this OP :good:

DEODEX ONLY

NCG lockscreen Widgets
    NE9 Lockscreen Widgets
    NI2 Lockscreen Widgets is currently not working. Still looking into it.

Original thread with the source used

Pics

sh_lswidgets.png

Stock NCG lockscreen download
    Stock NE9 Lockscreen download
    Added NE9 compatible lockscreen widgets to the OP along with stock NE9 lockscreen.
    I must be crazy....I can't for the life of me figure out how to drag the clock down. I understand lockscreen widgets and had many on my S4, but when I touch the clock in any direction nothing happens. I flashed the zip on a stock rooted rom. I'll just flash your R9 and see if it works for me when baked in or if it really is just operator error on my part. Feeling like a caught a case of the noobs.

Haha it's all good. It shouldn't make a difference what ROM it is. Just let me know.
    ran out of thanks but this is much needed and appreciated thank you sir......

I'd also like to know..

How do we go about using these lockscreen widgets?

Preferably without yet another app..

On the lock screen, touch the clock and drag down. From that point you should be able to move the screen to your right and add another widget.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

I would like to know if this includes the center clock fix as I also created this with the fix for the multiple clock the get created if you use a center clock mod.