Galaxy S6 edge 5.1.1 Temp. Root Tutorial. (Doesnt trip Knox G925V locked bootloader)

Search This thread

dragoodwael

May 27, 2015
New 6.0.1 and 7.0 root coming soon!

Back again as promised.
Required files:
-G925v OG7 Eng tar : (new Eng boot with faster bootup and stability improvement, reflash if you used the older version)

https:// mega dot nz/#!wJVmkJ7R!pWBoxloXf7m8PXGhGwkh_mfcFiIK-zAbioNs2Nbxszs

-Kingroot apk (king not kingo!)
Kingroot dot net
-Odin

Steps:
Run odin
Put phone in download mode
Add the tar to "AP" and click start
Device will reboot with new green writting on top left (ignore it)
Run Kingroot and click "try root"
It will be slow and lag around 16%, be patient and try to keep the screen from turning off. At 34% it will blast off to 100 and ull have root!
Enjoy

Recomended:
Have kingroot disable "knox"
Download root uninstaller and freeze "securitylogagent" to get rid of that annoying "unauthorized changes" message.

NOTE: This is TEMP root, youll have to repeat the process after every reboot to regain root.

NOTE TO DEVS: unpacking the boot image and modifying the ramdisk and trying to get permanent is an option, but DONT repack and flash with odin, it will cause dm-verity check to fail. Instead transfer the new boot.img to the phone and flash with flashify. I tested it and it seems to not cause a check failure.

Share and follow me on instagram if this helped you (username : tunisian_ylf)

Last edited:

Fritzy8

Jun 23, 2017
Are there any advances/news on a permanent root method on Lollipop 5.1.1 or on Marshmallow or Nougat? It would be great if there was a way to not have to re-root the phone every time it is turned on... I'm really thankful for your work! :D

haurom

Jun 27, 2017
Thank you !!!

Your tutorial help me root G925V 5.1.1, it's working for me. When you release root for 6.0.1 and 7.0 ?
Finally, thank you very much for help me...
Have a nice day. :good::good::good:

raven213

Apr 12, 2011

Back again as promised.
Required files:
-G925v OG7 Eng tar : (new Eng boot with faster bootup and stability improvement, reflash if you used the older version)

Kingroot dot net
-Odin

Steps:
Run odin
It will be slow and lag around 16%, be patient and try to keep the screen from turning off. At 34% it will blast off to 100 and ull have root!
Enjoy

Recomended:
Download root uninstaller and freeze "securitylogagent" to get rid of that annoying "unauthorized changes" message.

NOTE: This is TEMP root, youll have to repeat the process after every reboot to regain root.

NOTE TO DEVS: unpacking the boot image and modifying the ramdisk and trying to get permanent is an option, but DONT repack and flash with odin, it will cause dm-verity check to fail. Instead transfer the new boot.img to the phone and flash with flashify. I tested it and it seems to not cause a check failure.

so no need to downgrade?? lol thanks

king_korba

Nov 13, 2017
Galaxy s6 Edge + Verizon G928V temp root

Has anyone successfully temp rooted Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + Verizon G928V ?

My phone did accidental factory reset (blame the kid!) and I have been trying to recover my photos. Tried at least 15 different software and even paid for some. No luck. the images recovered are all from after factory reset. I have been told that booting will help recover images. Any inputs experts?

DiegoPeralta

Nov 12, 2017
El enlace no funciona por favor reenviamelo

Back again as promised.
Required files:

Kingroot dot net
-Odin

Steps:
Run odin
Enjoy

Recomended:

.ss

niki3084

Nov 7, 2018
Hi and thanks for the tutorial! I followed the steps and successfully completed the odin part. However, my phone will not load past the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge page. There is the green writing on the top right hand. Do you know how I can fix it?

ell1234

Nov 24, 2015
Hi, I followed your tut on downgrading my SM-G925V to 5.1.1 and also got root which was great, but I guess its pretty worthless as its only temporary til reboot, has there been any further progress on permanent root on the G925v? Great work btw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Back again as promised.
    Required files:

Kingroot dot net
    -Odin

Steps:
    Run odin
    Enjoy

Recomended:

Thanks..

Confirmed working great on 5.1.1 my phone is rooted and boot time is faster and you can use hot boot to reboot without loosing root.
    Your drive link isn't working can you pm me the link so I can give this a try...

New link and better sboot added!