S6 Edge SM-G925V LTE not working after Nougut update on non-verizon.

Search This thread

anirudhgargi

Dec 3, 2010
Bangalore
My S6 Edge SM-G925V worked perfectly back in India on Vodafone Band 3 LTE until marshmallow update. In the Nougat update verizon/samsung has some issue with their cellular firmware - after that i am never able to camp to any LTE network.

It was running smooth until the G925VVZW4CPD2 (6.0.1) update, all settings are ok. I tried the other popular network sim of JIO ( Band 40) that also is same. Bigger problem is that the modem crashes far too many times on the 2g/3G also. I can see the networks bar go and come in a loop again and again, making phone useless.

Verizon surely has messed something up with the latest 7.0 update, which they deny (have contacted them). There are couple of forums in Sammobile on the same. No luck with solution.

Just yesterday got one more update of 2GB which brings it to one update over 7.0. No luck. Still no LTE camping.

Do not suggest to check the APN settings i have checked they good. Anythings else or you also facing same issue ?

Can anyone show how to get the blocked service menu (via codes) working ?

wildcat1298

Nov 10, 2016
Got the same problem. I immediately updated my phone from Marshmallow to Nougat via system settings.

I got the S6 Edge Verizon. Made several readings and found out that the device is unlocked, so I bought a local LTE SIM card (SMART) here in the Philippines and inserted it to the device. I applied the appropriate APN settings for the LTE and tested the connection. No luck. I wasn't able to test the LTE connectivity when I was in Marshmallow though.

I was able to connect to the internet via 3G connection and IT WAS WAAAY TO SLOW (0.5 mbps)

I tested the same settings with the Galaxy S5 (Verizon), still with a local LTE SIM card (SMART). LTE connection was immediately established (15+ mbps... not bad). This proves that my area is covered by LTE and the problem is on the S6 Edge. Is there a way to fix this?

chichashi

Dec 24, 2010
Juarez
My S6 Edge SM-G925V worked perfectly back in India on Vodafone Band 3 LTE until marshmallow update. In the Nougat update verizon/samsung has some issue with their cellular firmware - after that i am never able to camp to any LTE network.

It was running smooth until the G925VVZW4CPD2 (6.0.1) update, all settings are ok. I tried the other popular network sim of JIO ( Band 40) that also is same. Bigger problem is that the modem crashes far too many times on the 2g/3G also. I can see the networks bar go and come in a loop again and again, making phone useless.

Verizon surely has messed something up with the latest 7.0 update, which they deny (have contacted them). There are couple of forums in Sammobile on the same. No luck with solution.

Just yesterday got one more update of 2GB which brings it to one update over 7.0. No luck. Still no LTE camping.

Do not suggest to check the APN settings i have checked they good. Anythings else or you also facing same issue ?

I have the same problem, since the update I can't connect to LTE, I've tried forcing the 4g/lte network but it simply wont connect.

kiit408

Jul 21, 2009
Shark City
so no answer to this yet huh? issue with wifes phone so i cant call her during the day but text are still getting through thank god!

anirudhgargi

Dec 3, 2010
Bangalore
I installed the new update via the smartswitch. Sw ver: NRD90M.G925VVRU4DQF3

This also did not solve the LTE camping issue on international roaming as stated in original thread, infact the modem crashes so often on 2G/3G also (GSM/UMTS)

Anyone here from verizon/samsung who can pass on the message to relevant folks that there is a major issue which they have not addressed. I am surprised such a common bug was not tested before releasing offical binary for update !! #shame.

lorenzopromot

Jun 21, 2018
Any updates?

Any updates on a solution for this? I finally got around to updating my G925V OTA with Verizon, and I've run into the same issue. I hope I don't have to roll back the update manually but I guess I might have to because I have searched for a solution everywhere and have tried everything but nothing works.

Exact same issue, modem crashes constantly (I'll have signal on H/H+ only, and then it drops. Signal comes back. Then drops), and I never get LTE.

Tried all the obvious solutions (e.g. reboot, factory reset, network reset, clear cache partition, boot into safe mode, reprovisioning from carrier, confiming IMEI with carrier etc.) but nothing works.

What did you guys figure out?

teren60021

Sep 4, 2018
Any updates on a solution for this? I finally got around to updating my G925V OTA with Verizon, and I've run into the same issue. I hope I don't have to roll back the update manually but I guess I might have to because I have searched for a solution everywhere and have tried everything but nothing works.

Exact same issue, modem crashes constantly (I'll have signal on H/H+ only, and then it drops. Signal comes back. Then drops), and I never get LTE.

Tried all the obvious solutions (e.g. reboot, factory reset, network reset, clear cache partition, boot into safe mode, reprovisioning from carrier, confiming IMEI with carrier etc.) but nothing works.

What did you guys figure out?

waiting for the solution as well. But i rolled back to 5.1.1