foxfi / wifi tether NOT WORKING - nougat 7.0 update

184 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By fixxxer0, Senior Member on 28th April 2017, 02:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just a heads up to anyone who still has the original UDP and wants to keep wifi tethering with FoxFi. YOU CANT.

The 7.0 update blocks wifi tether by foxfi and bluetooth tether. I was able to get USB tether to work using PDAnet but your pretty much stuck to using a pc or mac.

also... there was something i read about ejecting the sim as you try to enable the stock wifi hotspot, as a trick that worked. unfortunately that seems to have been blocked by verizon - the phone forces you to reboot a before you get any connectivity back after ejecting a sim card.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fixxxer0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fixxxer0 Ad-Free
28th April 2017, 04:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Marshmallow downgrade is easy and effective. You will have to clear data and freeze the Samsung updater afterwards but oh well.
28th April 2017, 07:46 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Sucks that I can't do what I want with MY device.
28th April 2017, 05:22 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrol

Marshmallow downgrade is easy and effective. You will have to clear data and freeze the Samsung updater afterwards but oh well.

Silly question - how do you downgrade to Marshmellow? By using Factory Data Reset?
30th April 2017, 07:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Well this sucks. I guess good I didn't upgrade yet
2nd June 2017, 05:28 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Foxfi works fine on my Verizon s6 edge... Just go to settings and turn on WiFi Hotspot as if you are paying for it and it starts foxfi ☺️
2nd June 2017, 09:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel410

Foxfi works fine on my Verizon s6 edge... Just go to settings and turn on WiFi Hotspot as if you are paying for it and it starts foxfi ☺️

Can you post of video of this?

Sent from my SM-G920V using XDA-Developers Legacy app
3rd June 2017, 06:04 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredofsilence

Silly question - how do you downgrade to Marshmellow? By using Factory Data Reset?

I'd reference this thread on downgrading.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...5-1-1-t3489816

Factory Data Reset just wipes your apps, media, settings, accounts and etc. It is what you would you use if you were to resell or return your phone for some reason.
It doesn't touch the firmware.
You will use the Factory Data Reset from Maintenance mode in the process of downgrading after you flash the appropriate firmware. But before you go downgrading don't forget to turn off re-activation lock. And all of this is if your phone's firmware is still down-gradable.
4th October 2017, 12:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel410

Foxfi works fine on my Verizon s6 edge... Just go to settings and turn on WiFi Hotspot as if you are paying for it and it starts foxfi

Mmm, it says I need to purchase a subscription.

So many years I've used my phone as a hot spot. I paid for FoxFi, etc. This is really disappointing.

I've tried "Net Share", but it's a pain and limited - had to install software on my laptop, etc.

Do I have any options with this phone? Is there a phone that will work?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)