Black bar on right of pictures when editing with Nougat update

Search This thread

Squish42

Apr 28, 2017
I got the Nougat update on my Verizon Galaxy S6 a couple days ago. I noticed in gallery when I crop horizontal pictures on top & bottom it put a black bar on the right side. How much I crop depends how big it is, cropping left & right is fine.
Any type of cropping on vertical pictures are fine also.
Is anyone else having this issue ?

Jun 15, 2015
Sioux Falls
I got the Nougat update on my Verizon Galaxy S6 a couple days ago. I noticed in gallery when I crop horizontal pictures on top & bottom it put a black bar on the right side. How much I crop depends how big it is, cropping left & right is fine.

I have the same issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squish42
Jun 15, 2015
Sioux Falls
Actually, when playing around with it more, whenever I would add just horizontal cropping, it would create a black bar on the bottom of the picture (this is in vertical orientation). This would not happen if I cropped it vertically.

I think it may have to do with the ratio of cropping or just the size. If its ratio become very long rectangular, that's when the black bar gets added in.

Reactions: Squish42

FlyingsCool

Jun 18, 2010
Yep, same thing on my Note 5. Definitely a new bug. Never had this problem before. Seems like the only way around it is to use the ratio tool, which is NOT what I want

nickenator

Feb 14, 2019
download the pic to a pc to edit, this is simply to big of a problem to expect samsung to be able to fix....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have the same issue.
    Actually, when playing around with it more, whenever I would add just horizontal cropping, it would create a black bar on the bottom of the picture (this is in vertical orientation). This would not happen if I cropped it vertically.

I think it may have to do with the ratio of cropping or just the size. If its ratio become very long rectangular, that's when the black bar gets added in.