<GUIDE><TOOLS> Verizon S6 Stock Restore Files<ODIN><SmartSwitch>

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By GuestK00143, Guest on 29th April 2015, 03:17 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
I will not be updating this thread any further. I no longer own the device.

Here is a link to the stock Verizon tar file to flash in download mode via Odin. I will add more files as they become available. Use this to return to factory stock if a factory reset dose not solve any problems you may have with your retail Verizon S6. If you find these files useful and download them please hit the thanks button. Do not copy these files and repost them, make a link to this thread instead. If I missed anything in the instructions please let me know and I will update the OP. Thanks and enjoy.

Install Instructions

1: Download Odin and Verizon S6 Retail Tar from the links below. Then extract the Odin.zip file ..
2: Run Odin and pick the AP button then navigate to where you saved the file you want to flash and chose that file. Let Odin verify the file.
3: Turn off your phone and enter download mode by holding the home, volume down and the power buttons until the enter download mode screen appears. Then enter download mode by letting go of the buttons and then press the volume up key.
4: Now you should be in download mode, connect your phone to your PC now. Odin should say connected in the message box, if not you need to install your Samsung phone drivers.
5: After connecting your phone and loading the tar file select the Start button and let Odin do it's job. This will take about 5 to to 10 minutes to complete. Please be patient and do not disconnect your phone until the phone reboots and the word Pass appears in the upper left corner of Odin.
6: That's it, you should now be in the phone setup screen with the words Pass in Odin if all went well.

If you get stuck in a bootloop after flashing a tar file don't panic. Enter the maintenance menu by holding the volume down, home and power keys for about 10 seconds. Then clear cache and factory data reset.


Firmware Flashing
1: Using flashfire wipe and then flash the ROM you are switching to that is of a different build. OE2 to OC3 for an example. You wikll most likely get stuck at the Samsung lockscreen when the phone reboots.
2: Don't panic just reboot into download mode and flash the proper firmware with Odin by holding down the home, volume down and power buttons for about 10 seconds. Select reboot and use the same button combo to enter download mode.
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to GuestK00143 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GuestK00143 Ad-Free
GuestK00143
29th April 2015, 03:18 PM |#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
OF1 Files
DO NOT FLASH THE STOCK OF1 Tar If You Want To Keep ROOT, It CAN NOT be Rooted and Flashed Back
Stock OF1 Tar Thanks @scrosler
MD5: cb352665331d3dda27276e811ecb1de2

Of1 Modem
Flash with FlashFire Thanks @DeathAngel66669 This too can NOT be flashed back.

OE2 Files
Stock OE2 Tar
MD5: 1adf7275add06468866ed0ef0b74aad9

OE2 Retail Firmware
MD5: cf512cd298ddd364d349e4507174bdae

OC3 Files
Stock OC3 Tar
MD5: 7cff184e30b1e8f40e1f5b03326b1680

OC3 Retail Firmware
MD5: b038a821549430d7e43f18ab3d5cdc12

Tools
Odin 3.10.6
Odin 3.9
Samsung SmartSwitch
MD5 Check
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
GuestK00143
29th April 2015, 03:18 PM |#3  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Another just in case....
30th April 2015, 08:21 PM |#4  
S1L3nTShaDoWz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Is it possible to remove bloatware via this? May be a stupid question but I recall in the past of people having modded restore files such as this which did not contain bloatware or for instance even contained root. Possibilities of this? Also thanks for the thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to S1L3nTShaDoWz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift S1L3nTShaDoWz Ad-Free
GuestK00143
30th April 2015, 09:20 PM |#5  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz

Is it possible to remove bloatware via this? May be a stupid question but I recall in the past of people having modded restore files such as this which did not contain bloatware or for instance even contained root. Possibilities of this? Also thanks for the thread!

No, we can not do that without root. If the stock image is modified in any way it breaks the signature and fails to boot. Thank the locked bootloader and Verizon for that but we can disable the apps witch is nearly as good.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 10:31 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

No, we can not do that without root. If the stock image is modified in any way it breaks the signature and fails to boot. Thank the locked bootloader and Verizon for that but we can disable the apps witch is nearly as good.

Just curious... Would it be possible to grab only the csc folder from this? Interested in making some comparisons versus other variants.
GuestK00143
30th April 2015, 10:45 PM |#7  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrapp

Just curious... Would it be possible to grab only the csc folder from this? Interested in making some comparisons versus other variants.

Yes, you just need to build a ROM with Kitchen and you will have the csc folder after you do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
GuestK00143
2nd May 2015, 10:01 PM |#8  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrapp

Just curious... Would it be possible to grab only the csc folder from this? Interested in making some comparisons versus other variants.

If you haven't grabbed the CSC folder I can get it for you. I have my Linux drive set back up.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
2nd May 2015, 10:29 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

If you haven't grabbed the CSC folder I can get it for you. I have my Linux drive set back up.

If it's not too much trouble that would be great. I haven't downloaded it yet -- we have data caps up here and I've used quite a bit this month. Hesitant to download a couple gigs just for a few kb!
GuestK00143
2nd May 2015, 10:55 PM |#10  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrapp

If it's not too much trouble that would be great. I haven't downloaded it yet -- we have data caps up here and I've used quite a bit this month. Hesitant to download a couple gigs just for a few kb!

No problem at all... here you go.

Attachment 3293605
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 10:48 PM |#11  
elliwigy's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,835
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Here is a link to the stock Verizon tar file to flash in download mode via Odin. I will add more files as they become available. Use this to return to factory stock if a factory reset dose not solve any problems you may have with your retail Verizon S6. If you find these files useful and download them please hit the thanks button. Do not copy these files and repost them, make a link to this thread instead. If I missed anything in the instructions please let me know and I will update the OP. Thanks and enjoy.

Install Instructions

1: Download Odin and Verizon S6 Retail Tar from the links below. Then extract the Odin.zip file ..
2: Run Odin and pick the AP button then navigate to where you saved the file you want to flash and chose that file. Let Odin verify the file.
3: Turn off your phone and enter download mode by holding the home, volume down and the power buttons until the enter download mode screen appears. Then enter download mode by letting go of the buttons and then press the volume up key.
4: Now you should be in download mode, connect your phone to your PC now. Odin should say connected in the message box, if not you need to install your Samsung phone drivers.
5: After connecting your phone and loading the tar file press the AP button and let Odin do it's job. This will take about 5 to to 10 minutes to complete. Please be patient and do not disconnect your phone until the phone reboots and the word Pass appears in the upper left corner of Odin.
6: That's it, you should now be in the phone setup screen with the words Pass in Odin if all went well.

If you get stuck in a bootloop after flashing a tar file don't panic. Enter the maintenance menu by holding the volume down, home and power keys for about 10 seconds. Then clear cache and factory data reset.

what devices you running now @Misterxtc ?? I have the g925v now. Maybe we will work together again (i mean you can help me all the time haha.) Glad to see youre still around!

Sent from my SM-T807V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes