By jrkruse, Recognized Contributor on 28th October 2018, 11:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st November 2018, 05:34 PM |#11  
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 14,203

Donate to Me
More
Yeah I know and saw that the 5th character had the 8 so it is a secure bootloader. Trust me, I went back and forth about root and no root. I decided that what little bit I was rooting for wasnt worth the hit I took as far as speed, heat, and battery. So far I am enjoying stock with the Oct security patch. If I get root in the future I may try it but for now I can run my themes and life is good, thanks brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse

what does post 2 say. If you dont want to be stuck on stock then you are done with updates the firmware in the OP is it that the last firmware that can be rooted

4th November 2018, 05:53 AM |#12  
If this works your a genius!! I'm going to try it first thing when I get home if no one complains of issues. I have all the stock crI1 Odin files I extracted from verizons recovery utility so no matter what I can fix it. So I cant wait to try this! I will donate if this works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse

EASY ROOT/UNROOT FOR S7 OR S7E ALL NOUGAT OR OREO STOCK ROMS
THANKS @klabit87 FOR OREO ROOT
TEMPORARY TWRP RECOVERY VIA ADB THANKS TO @afaneh92

This is for AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon and Sprint running V4 bootloaders only!

This tool will allow you too easily root any stock rom allowing you to make any modifications you might want then easily unroot for better performance
This will Also give you a fully functional TWRP recovery that can be accessed via adb. TWRP is fully functional on OREO Roms but is limited on Nougat roms
The initial setup does require a data wipe.

S7 G930V Flat Odin Factory FIrmware Downloads
G930VVRS4CRI1_G930VVZW4CRI1_VZW_Verizon_USA_v8.0_O reo.zip

ADB_Root Temporary Twrp Tool Download
S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS.7z

S7 G935 Edge Root/Unroot Odin Files Downloads
These Files Are Needed To Unroot Your Phone
SM_G935_EDGE_OREO.7z
SM_G935_EDGE_NOUGAT.7z

S7 G930 Flat Root/Unroot Odin Files Downloads
These Files Are Needed To Unroot Your Phone
SM_G930_FLAT_OREO.7z
SM_G930_FLAT_NOUGAT.7z

Instructions
1. Download S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS.7z and your model and version you want from above
2. Unzip S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS.7z to S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder
3. Unzip the Model/Version file you downloaded and copy the files to the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder and place them in the Odin folder
4. Prepare your phone for a data wipe
5. Reboot your phone to download mode and flash the AP_ROOT_G93*.tar in the Odin AP slot and reboot your phone to recovery
6. Once phone is in recovery run the Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder
7. Now in the cmd window make sure your device is connected and choose Option (1) Launch TWRP
8. Your phone should launch TWRP leave phone plugged in and command window open on computer
9. Now In Twrp choose wipe and choose format data. Type yes in the box when it ask
10. Now in cmd window choose Option(8) Push Root.zip to Phone
11. Now in TWRP choose install and select the Root.zip
12. After zip is installed reboot and go through setup.
13. Once through setup make sure you are rooted

To Unroot Your Phone
1. In the Root Control app choose phone settings and unroot phone make sure phone is connected to computer
2. Now depending on the type of root you choose your phone will reboot to download if you chose system root or stock recovery if you chose systemless root. If your phone reboots to download mode skip to number 5
3. If your phone reboots to recovery once your phone is in recovery run the Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder
4. In cmd window choose Option(3) Unroot phone will reboot too download mode
5. In Odin BL slot choose the BL_G93*_DELETE_CACHE.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery and say processing update then get an error and strart rebooting recovery
6. Let recovery bootloop at least once thin force phone back to download mode
7. In Odin AP slot flash BL_ENTER_ENG_RECOVERY_G930.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery with a bunch of red cache errors
8. In recovery choose wipe cache then reboot back to bootloader from recovery
9. In Odin BL slot choose BL_OREO_STOCK_G93*.tar for Oreo or BL_RESET_DM_VERITY_G93*.tar for Nougat and flash
10. This is important as soon as odin is done flashing and phone powers off immediately hold buttons to force phone to recovery
11. When phone reboots to recovery you will get no command error then when phone shows recovery options in black box at very botton it should say Successfully verified. If it says unsuccessful or failed then start at number 5 again. If successful and on oreo you are done.
12. If on Nougat and successful from recovery reboot to bootloader in Odin BL slot flash BL_NOUGAT_STOCK_G93*.tar

To Reroot Your Phone
1. Reboot to download in Odin AP slot flash AP_ROOT_G93***.tar
2. Phone will reboot then will reboot one more time and you will be rerooted

To Enter TWRP When Rooted
Remember with Nougat TWRP cannot mount data because of encryption so some zips wont work
1. Manually reboot phone to recovery launch Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder and choose Option(1) Launch TWRP
2. To Exit TWRP simply choose reboot

To Enter TWRP When Unrooted
Remember with Nougat TWRP cannot mount data because of encryption so some zips wont work
1. Put phone in download mode In Odin AP slot flash AP_ROOT_G93***.tar force phone to reboot to recovery. If you let phone boot it will reroot and you will have to run the unroot from the root control app.
2. In recovery launch Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder and choose Option(1) Launch TWRP.
3. Do whatever you need too do
4. To exit Twrp choose reboot to Download
5. In Odin BL slot choose the BL_G93*_DELETE_CACHE.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery and say processing update then get an error and strart rebooting recovery
6. Let recovery bootloop at least once thin force phone back to download mode
7. In Odin AP slot flash BL_ENTER_ENG_RECOVERY_G930.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery with a bunch of red cache errors
8. In recovery choose wipe cache then reboot back to bootloader from recovery
9. In Odin BL slot choose BL_OREO_STOCK_G93*.tar for Oreo or BL_RESET_DM_VERITY_G93*.tar for Nougat and flash
10. This is important as soon as odin is done flashing and phone powers off immediately hold buttons to force phone to recovery
11. When phone reboots to recovery you will get no command error then when phone shows recovery options in black box at very botton it should say Successfully verified. If it says unsuccessful or failed then start at number 5 again. If successful and on oreo you are done.
12. If on Nougat and successful from recovery reboot to bootloader in Odin BL slot flash BL_NOUGAT_STOCK_G93*.tar

4th November 2018, 02:34 PM |#13  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 12,133

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie32583

If this works your a genius!! I'm going to try it first thing when I get home if no one complains of issues. I have all the stock crI1 Odin files I extracted from verizons recovery utility so no matter what I can fix it. So I cant wait to try this! I will donate if this works.

Don’t get your expectations up it still uses the engboot for root. I just made it easy to unroot so you can use stock boot. Img

Sent using some kind of device I modified
5th November 2018, 02:46 AM |#14  
Oh okay. I will have to do some reading on Eng Boot. I'm not educated on what that exactly means. I did successfully use your root method and got to play in twrp which was really cool. I really like the adb tools setup. I'm having a hard time with the debloating. I'm trying to find out what files to remove and keep. The system is very slow rooted. I hope I'm not debloating wrong. Sorry I'm semi new at this.
5th November 2018, 10:36 AM |#15  
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 14,203

Donate to Me
More
Just be careful what you debloat. What I would do is go into settings/apps and disable anything you think is bloat then see if the phone runs differently for a day or so. Somethings you think wouldn't affect the running of the system do. That way if it does affect something you can go back in and enable it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie32583

Oh okay. I will have to do some reading on Eng Boot. I'm not educated on what that exactly means. I did successfully use your root method and got to play in twrp which was really cool. I really like the adb tools setup. I'm having a hard time with the debloating. I'm trying to find out what files to remove and keep. The system is very slow rooted. I hope I'm not debloating wrong. Sorry I'm semi new at this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Archangel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archangel Ad-Free
5th November 2018, 12:21 PM |#16  
I went ahead and used stock files in Odin to flash everything back to normal. I went ahead and tried the disable method with it unrooted of course. It is running so smooth now. On top of it all the Samsung apps work which I like.

I learned yesterday after all day battling the rooted way deleting bloat that you are correct. There are issues from deleting things that you think would never cause issues. My phone instantly would lock up and the battery was draining super fast. It was not worth it.

I will take your advice. Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel

Just be careful what you debloat. What I would do is go into settings/apps and disable anything you think is bloat then see if the phone runs differently for a day or so. Somethings you think wouldn't affect the running of the system do. That way if it does affect something you can go back in and enable it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scottie32583 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scottie32583 Ad-Free
5th November 2018, 10:02 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So what kinds of things would I be able to do with root that wouldn't get changed back once I unroot?
9th November 2018, 06:30 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel

That is good advice. I used the 'pm uninstall' method to debloat tons of Samsung stuff. Now I occasionally get random battery drains. Time to factory reset. I should have just left it, because my wife has an international Exynos S7 with nothing debloated, and it runs perfect.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegeddon

So what kinds of things would I be able to do with root that wouldn't get changed back once I unroot?

dual speaker mod and host file adblock are a couple of things.
7th December 2018, 01:45 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Will this work on G930U model? (I assume so, but better to confirm...)
7th December 2018, 07:59 PM |#20  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 12,133

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fessa

Will this work on G930U model? (I assume so, but better to confirm...)

As long as you are v4 bootloader

Sent using some kind of device I modified
9th December 2018, 06:13 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I installed G930VVRS4CRI1_G930VVZW4CRI1_VZW_Verizon_USA_v8.0_O reo, then rooted and unrooted.
in "about" screen - build# contains G930VVRS4CRI1, but baseband - G930UUES4CRH2 - is it intended? Does it mean that now I have all LTE bands unlocked (as in U model)?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)