Thanks Meter: 12,137

By jrkruse, Recognized Contributor on 28th October 2018, 11:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st October 2019, 03:53 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse

Those are modified apps and thats why they are controlled by the rom control apps too keep people like your self from going rouge and installing stuff that will hurt your phone. The regular su app will bootloop your phone the regular flashfire app it just won’t work and the other apps have modified scripts to work with the s7 root

Sent using some kind of device I modified

What if my bootloader version is just the letter A?
The Following User Says Thank You to GXDA3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GXDA3 Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 06:56 PM |#52  
Flag Morgan County, Utah
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I downloaded the G930VVRS4CRI1_G930VVZW4CRI1_VZW_Verizon_USA_v8.0_O reo.zip this morning and saw it contains the same 5 files as the firmware available on sammobile.com. I gathered from posts within this thread that previous firmware zip files contained the U firmware modems file. Is there any benefit to using the U modem file in place of the VZW modem file?

Never mind, I see I have the U modem.
5th November 2019, 01:34 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
cant unzip abd
im very new to rooting and im trying to follow the instructions but it says to unzip the abd tools folder and it wont let me. please send help
5th December 2019, 05:41 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poo706

I would like to remove Root Control and bring back icons for SuperSU and the other 3 apps under "useful apps". How have those 4 apps been hidden, I can't bring them back no matter what I do!

You can use a shortcut app lick Quick Shortcut Maker, search for SuperUser or SuperSU, then make a shortcut onto your desktop.

@jrkruse
If you ever get bored try to make a pre-rooted rom/safestrap recovery (course no bootloader unlock) for the G930U/G935U with the latest firmware UUESACSI1 (Aug 27 2019), since it looks like Samsung has stopped updating this phone, or better yet a root-patcher for a stock sytem.img like you did for the G950/N950. I have uploaded the latest eng-boot vA/10 here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1826
23rd January 2020, 02:24 PM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse

5th to last number in your build
G930XXXX4XXXX

Mine is A???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)